Quantcast

2005 Iron Horse Pricing

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
erikkellison said:
So I can't help but notice on that Yakuza Kumicho that the seatpost looks too low in the profile picture. It looks as though the edge of the seatpost is settle between two coils in the spring. That aside though, being a single pivot, it doesn't look like there's a lot of clearance on the top half of the shock to cycle through all the travle (all 8"??).
The pic shown on the site is a pre production model. Clearances will be improved for production. The test bikes have been nothing but stellar in performance and haven't had any shock clearance issues. The photo studio that shot the catalog/web shots dropped the seat down into the coils. I have since dragged him out back, hit him over the head with a lead pipe, then shot him. I didn't dispose of the body as a warning to other photographers not to drop the post into shock springs. For production there will be a weld bead to keep you from personally defiling your shock in a similar manner.

-ska todd

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
erikkellison said:
I think the DHR is different because it compresses the shock differenty, so is comparing a true single pivot to a DHR really an even comparision? I was referring to overall performance, not just wheelpath.
I'm not sure I understand where this idea that a DHR isn't a "true single pivot" comes from? It's as much of a single pivot as any other single pivot bike on the plant, it just has a tiny linkage to actuate the shock. That doesn't change its performance characteristics, it only serves to make the suspension rate progressive.

The number of links don't necessarily define the performance characteristics of a bike.

And, uhh, forgive my earlier overly harsh post, I was in a pissy mood and should learn not to log onto RM when I'm like that :p

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
erikkellison said:
Okay, so I figured out how a more forward pivot (longer disc brake mount - pivot length) can adversely affect braking in the rear (brake jack - the longer the length, the more leverage the brake can apply, and the more jacked the rear suspension is, or do I have that completely backwards, and it's the fact that the further you get from the pivot, the less force the disc brake assembly can apply rotationally to the pivot... because if the brake was centered around the pivot, applying rotational force to the pivot would be a direct transfer, and very effective, so the longer the disc brake mount - pivot length is, the less brake jack there is? Arghh.), but I still don't understand how a more rearward pivot location can have better pedaling efficiency. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
I only noticed this because somebody mentioned "single pivot". The DW-Link Iron Horse's are the invention of a frequent poster to this forum: http://www.dw-link.com/index.html

There is alot to explain about his new system, and I can only assume he must be on XMas vacation!!!

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
wow the kumicho will be cheap! i think i may have to get the wifey one of those

(cheap in the sense of cost for the parts you get)

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Superdeft said:
any word on wether the 7point will be sold as a frame-only kit?
Yes they will. ETA is spring time.

I think go-ride has them on their site.

-ska todd

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
All i know is an American Pro Dher who raced one last weekend even though he's on another team was heard to have said "the F---ing thing turns on a dime" when asked how it road.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
soooo any news on when we might see the sunday frame kits? i'm very impatient and have been sitting here on my butt waiting for mine. :angry: :D

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Last I heard Iron Horse was waiting on the correct bearings. They were expecting the bearings at the end of last week and were hoping to have them pressed in and start shipping them at the end of this week.

Hopefully everything is on schedule, all of my parts should be here by the end of this week.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
ska todd said:
I have since dragged him out back, hit him over the head with a lead pipe, then shot him. I didn't dispose of the body as a warning...
-ska todd
wow thats cool. i'll try to never do it again.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Salami said:
Last I heard Iron Horse was waiting on the correct bearings. They were expecting the bearings at the end of last week and were hoping to have them pressed in and start shipping them at the end of this week.

Hopefully everything is on schedule, all of my parts should be here by the end of this week.

:angry: ****! :mumble: I JUST spoke to Alex at IH and he said they are still waiting for the linkage plates (which have the new bearings to arrive).

He said they *should* be in about the first to second week of March!! Damn, I ordered this thing in December and I was told it would be available in two weeks. Everytime I get an update it is two weeks. Enough with the two weeks already!!

Rant over.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
PAMS 25 said:
Ohh that green is pretty nice !
Anybody have a pic of the blue sunday frame set ? Just curious to see how it looks.
See my above rant. The Factory framesets are still not shipping.

BTW I am getting a Jazz Blue and will post pictures IF I ever recieve it.

Jan 2, 2005
I JUST spoke to Alex at IH and he said they are still waiting for the linkage plates (which have the new bearings to arrive).

He said they *should* be in about the first to second week of March!! Damn, I ordered this thing in December and I was told it would be available in two weeks. Everytime I get an update it is two weeks. Enough with the two weeks already!!
Dam Ill be waiting for ever for mine to get here in the UK!!! I was originally told ill be getting it next week!!

Jan 2, 2005
Alex said that the 7points should ship at the end of next week!!
I think its the same for the Sunday frame kit. So itll take up to 4 weeks from that date to get on to my door step. ''HOPEFULLY''

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
PAMS 25 said:
Ohh that green is pretty nice !
Anybody have a pic of the blue sunday frame set ? Just curious to see how it looks.
I've got one on order :D .... but the 17" short won't be available until sometime in April so I still have a bit of daydreaming to do until it's here.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Velocity Girl said:
I've got one on order :D .... but the 17" short won't be available until sometime in April so I still have a bit of daydreaming to do until it's here.

What?!!! When you say 17" short is that the shorter top tube 17" DW had talked about or are you referring to the normal 17"

:mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: If you are talking about the regular 17".

anarchyUK

Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Boulder CO
word on the steet is the WC start shipping this week
this could be compleat BULL cuz i heard this befor
LETS HOPE NOT!!!! I cant wate for mide i just got new cranks, bars, minion DHFs UST, and cassette for it and will be putting on a ti spring and that e13 stem later
Its going to be RAD!

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Salami said:
I hope so. I sure as hell don't want to wait until April!!
She is waiting for the 17 short....not the 17 regular. The 17 short has a inch shorter top tube, or something like that.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Acadian said:
I think she is talking about the special run of "SHORT" Sunday IH is making.

the current 17" Sunday has a 23.6 Eff TT - The SHORT one will be much shorter than that.
Yup..that indeed is the baby I'll be waiting for!