Quantcast

2005 Monster Park @ Snowshoe Mtn.

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Hey everyone!

Monster park has officially arrived here at Snowshoe Mountain! The course is being built on our basin side on the same slope as the Mountain Cross. Check out the pics below from Wednesday the 15th. These were taken near the top of the course where you can see the landing for two of the larger drops. They will be situated through the two Spruce trees on the natural bank. Consisting of a true 20' drop and a smaller (more trickable) 15'. This will feed into the big central rhythm or into other areas of the course. Additional entrances into the course from the top will allow huge possibilities into the labyrinth of transitions, bowls, hips, transfers, quarters, including a 180* wall ride. We will be raising some of the wooden structures today and continue construction all the way to the event. Keep posted as there will be a steady stream of pic's coming to Ridemonkey. Also check out our webpage for additional info. www.ride.snowshoemtn.com

Later,
Trevyn

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
AmbulanceFodder said:
So I know Western Territory will be open, but will the Park be open as well during the weekend or is it shut down due to the comp? I'm bringing the wife and little bro-in-law and wanted to know what our options are.
The Bike Park on the basin side will be open along with the Western Territory Lift. The Western Express lift will be operating both Saturday and Sunday from 10am-4pm.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Msisle Dad said:
Trev, did you f-up that beautiful MTX course? Chas
They tore down last years course and built another, but they had to tear down part of the new one to build Monster Park. But once that contest is in the books the 4X course will be put back up, along with hopefully some of the crazy Monster Park stuff, wallrides, etc.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
The new mtx course will be rebuilt better because we have some of the dirt from monster park to use. But alas no monster park features will be around from my understanding.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
mobius said:
The new mtx course will be rebuilt better because we have some of the dirt from monster park to use. But alas no monster park features will be around from my understanding.
I was told that alot of the stuff would exist through the season in a possibly scaled down version :confused:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I was told that alot of the stuff would exist through the season in a possibly scaled down version :confused:

Talk to Tpro about that but from my understanding so far we won't be allowed to ride it and i dont think they are gonna want a scaled down wallride in the middle of the mtnx course for norba.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I think it may have been castle who said this waaaaaaay earlier when i pm'd him, either way i am so stoked for the event, any of you guys know how i could get a pass to take some photos. I am trying to put some freelance stuff together...Are they going to be tough about it?

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I think it may have been castle who said this waaaaaaay earlier when i pm'd him, either way i am so stoked for the event, any of you guys know how i could get a pass to take some photos. I am trying to put some freelance stuff together...Are they going to be tough about it?
I was there a few days ago and it was mentioned.

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
More Pic's of Monster Park...
Take a look at the progress!
The 180* wallride is up, we will be building a step-up booter in the center of the wallride to send riders up and over the whole structure. You can also see one of the two judging towers that have been raised. There will be 10' quarter's that feed up onto the judging towers for Fufanus, taps, etc. Stay tuned for more pics as progress continues.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Helped work on the course all day and its coming along good i plan to take my camera tomorrow to take some pics.