Quantcast

2005 soul cycles

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
Just got an email containing the final drawing for their upcoming dh ht.
I'm holding out for that frame, looks nice.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
MMcG said:
Orange eh? Did that cost extra to get a custom color? And why so much seatpost?
I am one of their factory riders, so that is how the orange happened. But give Chad a call if you want a custom color. I am sure he can accomodate, he's great about stuff like that. One of the many cool things about dealing with a USA boutique builder. The seatpost is their standard post that comes with a frame. It is jacked up for climbing mode. Ya gotta get up to get down!

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Table at the Kenter Whoops. Photo by Taylor Greathead

redical said:
2005 Orange Small Factory ride Soul Cycles Titan in 5" DJ mode.

Soul Cycles micro adjust alloy seatpost

MAGURA Louise FR 8"/&" Disk brakes

Maxxis 2.3 High Rollers

Sun/Ringle SUV 20mm wheels

03/04 Marzocchi Frankenfork - 2003 Z1 FR SL Air uppers with 04 DJ 2 20mmT.A. lowers. 5" travel & 2omm axle for just over 4 lbs. Yeah!

Race Face Diabolous DH headset

70mm Thomson X4 Stem 31.8mm

Race Face Diabolous 2" riser bars, 31.8mm

Lizard Skins/ODI lock-ons

Carbon Headset spacer

SRAM Rocket Shifter

Shimano 105 Road Short Cage Derraileur

Shimano XT chain

Shimano Ultegra road cassette, 12-23

34 tooth Shimano Saint DH chainring'

E-13 DS chainguide & bahjsguard, Urban

Weyless Platform Pedals

Truvativ Holzfeller 170mm cranks & Gigapipe BB

Cloth rim tape

SDG Bel Aire saddle, chromo rails

Weyless QR seatclamp

Wait until you see my MTX Loki in Ferrari Red.

Attachments

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
redical said:
I am one of their factory riders, so that is how the orange happened. But give Chad a call if you want a custom color. I am sure he can accomodate, he's great about stuff like that. One of the many cool things about dealing with a USA boutique builder. The seatpost is their standard post that comes with a frame. It is jacked up for climbing mode. Ya gotta get up to get down!

I like your bike and I like Soul too - but I wouldn't call them a boutique builder. More like a budget bike company that helps get young kids and poor adults with kids into nice frames for very little money. That's how I'd categorize them since they don't actually "build" their frames.

But I think their low price and high value are a real shot in the arm for mountain biking. :thumb:

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
MMcG said:
I like your bike and I like Soul too - but I wouldn't call them a boutique builder. More like a budget bike company that helps get young kids and poor adults with kids into nice frames for very little money. That's how I'd categorize them since they don't actually "build" their frames.

But I think their low price and high value are a real shot in the arm for mountain biking. :thumb:

They do cut, build & powdercoat their frames.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise

Specs:

Soul titan (Large)
Z-150
Azonic Outlaw wheelset
Mobsters-2.5-60d
Hussefelt 31.8 bar/stem combo
FSA V-drive extreme cranks
Hope gothic rotors
DK iron cross pedals
Shimano deore Brakeset
105 Med derailleur
12-25 105 cassette
XT front derailleur
EA50 post
WTB seat
ODI ruffian lock ons

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Z-man: How much extra was the custom color? I want to build my wife a pink or purple cross bike for Christmas this year. I got to start saving up the D'oh...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
redical said:
They do cut, build & powdercoat their frames.
Can you elaborate more on this? They do it all in house? Perhaps I was wrong in my previous statement. If so, I stand corrected and apologize for spouting off.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
mandown said:
how many more threads you gonna work this into today.

i love the soul cycles stuff, and i am happy to see it. however, this is the third place i have seen this exact post.
:stupid:
Seriously... you're posting the same comments on multiple threads.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118390&page=1&pp=40
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106018
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86454
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130169
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129363

Keep it to one thread.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Does the titan only come in flat black? Id really like it in red. If i can get it in red it is so replacing the steelhead.

Also, the would i be able to run the Loki with a 6 inch travel fork, it looks allot nicer and they have red frames in my size.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
ask chad if you can get a titan in red if it's not offered and i'm sure they can do it for a small additional fee. 6" on a loki can be done but i wouldn't recomend it the would be a very steep HA, probably somewhere around 65 degrees. i had a 5" Firefly on mine for a while and it just didn't feel right.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
slack is the term your looking for not steep, as in choppered with a 6" fork, the titan would be great though, my buddy has one with a 7" jrt and it feels pretty good

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
Exactly. Slacker, not steeper. I run my Loki with 5.5" fork at the trails & DJs - no problem. Because the BB is so low to begin with, it feels pretty good. 6" fork probably give you about 68 degree HA.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
yeah sorry slack is what i meant to say, that's what i get for trying to think after a 23 hour shift. How will a 6" fork give you a 68 degree HA when it was designed around a 80-100mm fork @ 69 degrees? When i had a firefly on my loki the headangle was 66.5 degrees exactly.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
<Bump> - It's been almost ago year since this thread started.

What does everyone think of their SoulCycles bikes now? How have they held up? Good stories? Bad stories? Thing's you'd change?

Here's mine after almost a year...

I still love it. It's time for a new rear wheel and a new set of tires but that's about it. I think it's been a good bike for my style of riding. I've ended up doing more agro-xc with it than anything else. Lots of urban too. The geometry seems to be a great compromise between the xc and urban/freeride riding I do.

Two things I don't like are that the rear tire clearance is a little on the narrow side and the frame flexs a lot when I'm really torqueing down on the pedals. Oh well, I guess I can live with a little tire rub.

Jan 29, 2005
I love my titan, looooove it love it, i should post pics up later, the best frame ive ever ridden.

the soul cycles site should be updated in early december (finally) they have some super cool stuff coming out

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
jdschall said:
Gold ano = Ba-ling.
It's actually just the raw aluminum with a chemical coat to keep it from getting damaged. It looks really cool. Sort of like an iridescent gold with the raw alu underneath, so you can see scratches and stuff from production.

revmonkey

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
god damn... the Titan will be sold at a deep discount when the new site opens... and it's only 265 now! god damn! i'm so happy, i just might get meself one! i'm hoping its around 100 USD and that there'll be enough stock for early/mid january