Quantcast

2006 c-dale chaase bike w/ sick looking chainguide pics!!!

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
i think the point is that there are a bunch of nazi companies out there who don't like the people they sponsor to have a mind of their own. But then again, who's going to drop Aaron? He's a highly valuable commodity and Cannondale can't afford to lose more rep with freeriders.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ok yeah, i agree we are all riders, and that who the **** cares who rides what parts. OK I ADMITT im wasted,...i started this thread just to show :monkey:'s chases new ****...anyway, its fat tuesday you should all be out drinking :beers: i know its not a icon but is should be, anyway chase is the street god, who the **** cares what he rides, props to c-dale for making some sick **** and being innovative w/ the chain guide, AC is a sick rider, now go buy e.13 components because they are st8 sick (that is ghey i know) anyway like i said this is a drunk msg
posted on www.ridemonkey.com, i dunno

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
he monkeys my ultra hot gf wont let me take a pic of her right now, so i cant share her opinion/hotness but anyway, she rides and thinks AC is god as well, props AC and keep the rubber side down...._manhattan

check out ________________www.williamkirk.com

Bernard

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
The Netherlands
hi there...

Whay is everybody so astonished by this bike and the rider. There's almost nothing new. Just a different paint and some other parts. I like the white collor, but that's personal.

The only new thing here is the bottombraket yoke!!!

The old chainstay's were just weld on to the bottombracket. Now they are using a CNC-machined piece of aluminium around the BB.. Nice one!!

And apart of the rest of the frame... It's just the same, only one size smaller!!

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Why does the chainguide look like it's a DIY breadboard unit? Still... not a bad idea for a chainguide, you can get breadboards in an array of colours now too, look out E13 :D

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Hey man don't be talking smack about cannondale's R&D department!!

(Hmmm... I wonder how they stumbled upon the Lefty idea. ;) )

Rik said:
Why does the chainguide look like it's a DIY breadboard unit?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Superdeft said:
I can't believe we're all making such a big deal over which products are whose and what he's running. Remember he's a rider just like the rest of us, and despite being sponsored, his bikes probably change from day to day for whatever random reason just like the rest of us, and the world isn't going to end if, GASP! HE'S RUNNING A DIFFERENT BOLT ON HIS SEATPOST FROM ANOTHER COMPANY! SOUND THE ALARM! It's not that big of a deal imo.

That said, that wee white chainguide does look promising.

best statement in a while :thumb: totally agree bro

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
Oh and as for being "sponsored by" mavic, e.13...and so on, it is cannondale that uses those components, gracia isn’t sponsored by e.13 nor is chase...[/QUOTE]

You are very mistaken. In 2004 both Cedric Gracia and Aaron Chase were sponsored by e.thirteen components. We were product sponsors.

For 2005, Cedric Gracia will continue his winning tradition on board e.thirteen components product. So yes, Cedric Gracia will be an e.thirteen components sponsored rider.

Thanks for listening,

Michael

e.thirteen components

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bizutch said:
one ride in good old red clay dirt and that chain guide seizes up solid and is permanently stained orange!

def true, but i doubt if there actualy is a production version, that it will be white...

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
that chainguide, ummm, looks like something the guys at my machine shop would cobble together for 15usd if someone came there with an SRS and told them to copy it for dirt cheap

Showtime

Chimp
Aug 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
Aaron Chase was running that chainguide on his copper bike 2 weeks ago here at "The Gathering" in Seattle. I know, because someone pointed it out to me, and I went over and took a closer look at it. Its a pretty cool looking setup, but I would think it might need to be replaced fairly frequently, because the chain rides directly on the plastic where it returns out of the bottom to the deraileur. But thats just speculation. The setup looks good other than that.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Showtime said:
Aaron Chase was running that chainguide on his copper bike 2 weeks ago here at "The Gathering" in Seattle. I know, because someone pointed it out to me, and I went over and took a closer look at it. Its a pretty cool looking setup, but I would think it might need to be replaced fairly frequently, because the chain rides directly on the plastic where it returns out of the bottom to the deraileur. But thats just speculation. The setup looks good other than that.

if it is the same material as a lets say mrp roller, that stuff lasts forever... :thumb:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Ok first of all, WHO GIVES A RATS ASS ABOUT WHAT COMPANY'S CHASE IS RIDING FOR!!!
Then second, anybody know what stuff that thingy's made of?
I was thinking Delrin, I made some Delrin skateboard wheels a couple of years ago which were awsome. That stuff is probably ideal for grinding and its super strong.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I dig the frame a lot and im glad they are toning down the paint. I like my 05 chase but its got so much graphical stuff going on it kinda hurts my eyes. The 06 frame hopefully will keep a simpilar graphic design. The shorter stays and new yoke will be killer thats the one thing on my chase is i wish it had shorter stays.

That guide looks kinda weird but if its not insanely expensive **** i'd run it. Also, the whole saint thing. He rode a full saint setup but cranks this past year because profile was his sponsor too. He might have dropped profile or something so maybe hes just gonna run full saint, sic, manitou, cannondale, maxxis, and maybe e13.

Oh well who cares chase is a killer rider and im sure he could be running pure **** and still rule.

isabbisr

Monkey
Aug 9, 2002
NJ
Ya know the wierd thing about sponsors, is that they change. The reason he does not have mavic wheels might be because of the fact that he rides for DT Swiss. As for the cranks, they are saint because he is no longer riding for profile. The white is the '06 color. If you noticed, the color he ran in '04 is the production for '05. With the tire situation, its what they had lying around at the cannondale plant when he built up his bike.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
isabbisr said:
Ya know the wierd thing about sponsors, is that they change. The reason he does not have mavic wheels might be because of the fact that he rides for DT Swiss. As for the cranks, they are saint because he is no longer riding for profile. The white is the '06 color. If you noticed, the color he ran in '04 is the production for '05. With the tire situation, its what they had lying around at the cannondale plant when he built up his bike.
thanks man that is what i was trying to say the whole time, seems that everyone thought you cang change sponsors EVER :nope:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I'm stoked on all the new DT Swiss stuff, I like that company! I think they will give Mavic a run for their money which is always good for us consumers. I love Mavic but I love competition between businesses and as of now Mavic has none in the MTB wheel market IMO.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
If Cannondale isn't paying your friend Petter, then shame on them :nope: Because that thing looks identical to their "new" design...

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Didn'tI tell you guys about this right after I saw that at The Gathering??
I'm surprised that the pics took so long to leak out.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Is it just me, or does the new bike look tiny? I thought it had 24" wheels on it when I first saw it, especially compared to Chase's current bike.

Looks sweet though!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Your swedish friend's guide looks identical but it gives a better view of it and it looks cool. If its low budget itll be nice.