Quantcast

2007 Marzocchi 888 Spy Shot...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Check it out:

...crap - looks like they might go with the silver stanchions... a nice change, but I would prefer black - just looks badass. The new graphics are bitchin'.

No clue as to what is going on inside, but I would guess that Mr. Peterson might know...:)

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I'll grab some more pics from the Spanish forum. Barel was riding it at Vigo. I am pretty sure it's got similar internals to the 66SL. With how well the 66SL's air system works, and the new Boxxer's success, it only makes sense for Marzocchi to adapt the 6 inch travel air system to an 8 inch travel system.

Ok, I can't steal the pic for some reason. Here's the link:
http://www.foromtb.com/showthread.php?t=79698&page=1

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Yeah they do look cool.
Are the legs a bit smaller/thinner/refined looking?
Does the stanchions have what looks like butting(get thicker) above the bumper and below top crown?
Whats the single crown on the frame directly behind it?

MaD666MaX

Monkey
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal
fabien barrel's bike....no wonder he has those silver stanchion...and he might be the only one to have em...i bet those wont be on the market next year

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I didn't read the whole thread on the spanish forum but the first page was nothing but complaining about the color. It seems they prefer black stanchions.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Looks nice, but I prefer the black stanchions. All of the Boxxer slippery silver one's required too much attention IMO..I'll take the performance, just minus the stanchions...

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
white is so IN, i mean really now allmost every bike is white or some other color with White fork, why they dont put more colors?! except black..

"Marzocchi

Marzocchi had a fully functional ’07 All Mountain 1 prototype fork hidden behind its team trailer. It’s got 160mm of travel with 40mm of Air Travel Adjust. A redesigned QR20 axle requires no tools. Internals have a new air system consisting of a positive air compression chamber to control middle stroke and a lower air chamber to control bottom out."

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Wait, what TWO color stantions have had problems in the past?

Black and Chrome.

What does work perfectly well?

Regular old gold colored stantions. Who cares if black is "cool", I want my fork to work. Less gimmicks please Marzocchi.

P.s. If that air 888 is as good as the 66SL, I'm already sold. And I might even buy it new, rather than used, if it's got them gold colored stantions. That would be nice, a light, stiff, strong, reliable fork. Now just throw in cheap and I could eat my cake too.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
dreams do come true - finally ,a light racing fork from marz ,just when i thought ill have to buy a rockshox or a manipou .
also ,check out the remote ressi roco on the scott, looks nice.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
bikenweed said:
Regular old gold colored stantions. Who cares if black is "cool", I want my fork to work. Less gimmicks please Marzocchi.
Travis! Next year. I'm really wanting to try one.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
from the site the pic was taking from -
ohn Pelino de Marzocchi USA nos dejó cotillear algunos avances de la linea 2007, como el amortiguador Roco Remote o la imponente horquilla 888 SL-ATA de aire con recorrido de 200 mm ajustable y un peso de 2.900 gramos. Será interesante comprobar si la legendaria suavidad de la 888 es compatible con el uso de aire.

now ,i dont understand that language ,but i do understand sl-ata (i guess a new improved air system) ,adjustable somthing ,200 mm and 2900 grams which are 6.38 lbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Here's a translation:

"Oh, Pelino from Marzocchi USA told us some gossip about the advances in the 2007 line up, like the remote reservoir Roco shock, or the air 888 SL-ATA, with 200mm of adjustable travel, that weighs 2.9kgs. It will be interesting to see if the legendary smoothness of the 888 is compatible with an air system."

I don't really believe anything on that site, but that makes a lot of sense. That is pretty much the worst forum you can find on the internet.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
I would be glad to see the day where all fork makers close the door on the black stachion thing. It wears off and looks really bad.

Like has been said, less gimicks, just make it light and strong and people will buy it.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
bikenweed said:
I don't really believe anything on that site, but that makes a lot of sense. That is pretty much the worst forum you can find on the internet.

tru dat i sometimes go there when the local forums are down and man some wild threads in there

Sep 10, 2001
S.K.C. said:
Check it out:

...crap - looks like they might go with the silver stanchions... a nice change, but I would prefer black - just looks badass. The new graphics are bitchin'.

No clue as to what is going on inside, but I would guess that Mr. Peterson might know...:)
What I know and what I can say are two totally different things.... But I can say this, the stanchions are not "slippery silver" and it's not a gimmick...

Brian

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Brian Peterson:
What I know and what I can say are two totally different things.... But I can say this, the stanchions are not "slippery silver" and it's not a gimmick...

Brian
Heh - I know what you mean... but maybe in the near future you might be able to give us a few bits of info?...

Brian, if Marz is really coming out with a 888 SL-ATA that is around the 6.4 lbs. all I can say is:

There is a God.

If it's anywhere near as reliable and well engineered as my 05' 888RC... this is gonna be SWEET. I was originally thinking of getting a Fox 40 w/ the Ti pro-pack, but now....

BTW - I never said the silver stanchions were a gimmick - just that black has always been a personal preference of mine.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Brian Peterson said:

Brian
I'm going to guess chrome-plated carbon stanchions like the old Showa forks...