Quantcast

2007 North America World Cups?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Champery in Zermatt Switzerland is ON!

http://www.frontlinemag.net/preview/news.php?news_id=153

So it looks like confirmed/semi-confirmed are Schladming, Champery and Maribor.....real DH race tracks i.e. No Willingen!

Is Mte Saint Anne on or off?
Latest rumour - still on. The Bromont bid is coming in from mondiale du velo from what I understand, but there is no way they can hold a candle to a Gestev event. Other rumour (complete rumour) is Vail putting in a bid. Wouldn't surprise me, and would be a welcome venue.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
I am going to be really pissed if Vail has a World Cup and they require a UCI point.

I would not be so pissed if there were U.S. races that you could actually have the chance of getting a UCI point at.

DoubleDown

Chimp
Nov 23, 2003
The last version of the World Cup schedule I saw had both Mt Ste Anne and Angel Fire on it.

I didn't see any mention of Vail...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I am going to be really pissed if Vail has a World Cup and they require a UCI point.

I would not be so pissed if there were U.S. races that you could actually have the chance of getting a UCI point at.
Yup, i can see that being the big problem really. No way for US racers to get UCI points besides come to canada or go to south america.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
So far it looks like:

Vigo, Spain
Schladming, Austria
Champery, Switzerland
Mont Sainte Anne, Canada
Angel Fire, NM, USA
Maribor, Slovenia

That could be the order, could not!?! Something simliar though!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i heard angel fire was not interested in EVER doing it agian.

they just didn't bring in what they thought they were going

to get money and numbers wise.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
on a positive note,

ours are back to back,.............

but wouldn't we like them better spread out..........?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Back to back is the only way to go. Would be much better if they had had at least 2 wc's in europe back to back or even just a week apart. This is ridiculous, oh well. At least there is no conflicts I guess.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
not that i care i am goingto France for masters next year.

amount of $ in the piggie, $220

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Holly ****!!!

18.08.2007 18.08.2007 L'Hexagonal VTT - DHI Montmarte, Paris FRA 1 DHI

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Montmarte is that big ass butte in the middle of Paris!! Having a DH there would be sick! Sort off like Lisboa urban race I guess!
Isn't that the place where all the prostitutes hang out?

Race and lace...

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Isn't that the place where all the prostitutes hang out?

Race and lace...
i don't know about that , but if they push that date any further back we will be racing in costumes, if that date was this season we would be 3 weeks out from world cup finals, and it would fall after interbike.

i can see some of the promo's now "steve peat's potential world cup downhill championship bike? give us 3 weeks"

i will be really surprised if this schedule doesn't get moved around due to the logistic nightmare it is.

at least we got one in the states.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
i don't know about that , but if they push that date any further back we will be racing in costumes, if that date was this season we would be 3 weeks out from world cup finals, and it would fall after interbike.

i can see some of the promo's now "steve peat's potential world cup downhill championship bike? give us 3 weeks"

i will be really surprised if this schedule doesn't get moved around due to the logistic nightmare it is.

at least we got one in the states.
Gotta say, I am pretty stoked about 2 WCs in North America, but it's gonan cost me a fortune getting back and forth to europe for the remaining races and worlds. Why not at least have worlds and Schladming back to back?

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
on a positive note,

ours are back to back,.............

but wouldn't we like them better spread out..........?
as transcend says...back to back is always the better way...you get twice the racing for one airline ticket....so for the euro guys coming over it is cost effective,

it's a bit self serving but if i was only racing in the states then i would love to see them spread out so that the world cup portion in the states isn't over so quick.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
On the bright side...............No Willingen! Every round is at a good venue , with good tracks and good night life!!! With 2 of the venues in Europe (Schladming and Maribor) hailed as the best WC courses ever!

Still though, where I am gonna find the money to fund all of these trips to and from europe is a mystery to me at the moment!