Quantcast

2007 Rock Shox Prototype Fork

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
ohio said:
I didn't say anything about how its performance or its durability.
The implication is there. You're trying to relate what you've experienced with a different product, and while that's nice, it has nothing to do with the new foes because you haven't owned it or tried it. As much as you were making "generalities", many people in this thread could claim the same.

The people that say; "well, I didn't like 40mm hanebrinks" or "I had a fork that seemed similer" aren't really doing anything that much different than you. No one is really saying it sucks on this thread, nor did you really say the foes sucks. You seem a little quick to pass judgement on people doing the same thing as you though.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Jm_ said:
The implication is there. You're trying to relate what you've experienced with a different product, and while that's nice, it has nothing to do with the new foes because you haven't owned it or tried it. As much as you were making "generalities", many people in this thread could claim the same.

The people that say; "well, I didn't like 40mm hanebrinks" or "I had a fork that seemed similer" aren't really doing anything that much different than you. No one is really saying it sucks on this thread, nor did you really say the foes sucks. You seem a little quick to pass judgement on people doing the same thing as you though.

Ahh bull****, that's a load of crap and you know it. He made a logical, well-understood extrapolation of the relationship between leverage ratios and damping/spring rates, that is VERY easy to back up. Most people in this thread (the ones I believe Ohio was referring to) have done no such thing.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
thaflyinfatman said:
Ahh bull****, that's a load of crap and you know it. He made a logical, well-understood extrapolation of the relationship between leverage ratios and damping/spring rates, that is VERY easy to back up. Most people in this thread (the ones I believe Ohio was referring to) have done no such thing.
And one could say that if this fork is lightweight with big stanchions, it has very "thin" walls and may be very dent prone or maybe not as strong as some people want. Just as logical. Whatever, it's all the same thing...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
mcA896 said:
it looks like its on an enduro. what are those tires? they look cool, like maxxis maxxdaddys, but for a MTB
It's the new SX trail and the tires are the new Specialized Chunders. It looks like a sweet bike.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Jm_ said:
The implication is there. You're trying to relate what you've experienced with a different product, and while that's nice, it has nothing to do with the new foes because you haven't owned it or tried it.
No, the implication is not there. Maybe you're reading between the lines too much. What I related is fact.

It would be the same as if someone in this thread made the statement:
"with 40mm stanchions, they should be able to achieve great stiffness, but will have to use relatively thin walls to maintain a competitive chassis weight." This would not be at all a speculative statement. This would be based on facts, and guesses nothing about the actual performance of the fork.

Still waiting for an apology... Nancy.

sk8kid33

Monkey
Dec 21, 2004
Colorado Springs
I have ridden one, and its not flexy and its ultra smooth too. they have been working on this fork for a bit now and it is awesome. I rode with harookz and the bicycle rockers so that fork is the one that I rode in the picture. one of the guys (ross) was front tire casing some pretty big rythms and he would just keep going because it would just soak it up, It looks a lot better than the travis from manitou and it feels better than the travis's I have felt also.