Quantcast

2008 Specialized Pics

adam12

Chimp
Mar 8, 2007
Carson City
Here are some of the new bikes for 2008...if someone wants to drag them into the thread that would be cool...sorry new to the forum!

Overall they have toned it down some...cept check out the Enduro SL (jeez)...new models including sutmpjumper 29ers and the Pitch (not sure where that fits)...the Safire is a women specific SJ

http://picasaweb.google.com/adamg35c/MTB2008Specialized

hopefully that link works

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'd have to say its a huge improvement from last years paint jobs.
No tattoo, no argyle....approved

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
The houston astros style paint on the sx.... I can't tell if I hate it or love it.

The pitch looks like a fun bike. Wonder what it weighs in at?

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
paint aside, I think they need to refresh the rear end of the Demo 8/Demo 7 lineup soon. they're getting stale.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
paint aside, I think they need to refresh the rear end of the Demo 8/Demo 7 lineup soon. they're getting stale.
Why? Just to do something different? Lame.:bonk:

The only reason to change it is if it doesn't work well and Demo's work well.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB

Hot.

EDIT:

So it seems like the Pitch will replace the lower-end Enduros, an FSR-XC type thing?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
that's exactly the kind of attitude that makes what should be cheaply mass producible bikes unreasonably expensive :'(. Nothing like paying a lot for nothing extra!!

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Wow. I thought Specialized learned something from the '07 paint disaster. The earlier '08 pics that hit the web looked good, and the complete Demos still look good. But dear god, the rest is horrible.

I just had a flashback to the '70s with that Astros SXT paint. ...and not a good flashback.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Wow. I thought Specialized learned something from the '07 paint disaster. The earlier '08 pics that hit the web looked good, and the complete Demos still look good. But dear god, the rest is horrible.

I just had a flashback to the '70s with that Astros SXT paint. ...and not a good flashback.
Agreed. The Demo 7/SXT frames look hideous. The completes look great though.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Anyone have specs and pricing yet? I would like to see the difference between the Demo 7/8 Is and IIs. Not everything is evident in the pics from what I can tell.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i approve the demo 8 II color, but all of the others look pretty bad. the new sxt looked awesome in the previous pictures, but now it looks terrible. i thought it was going to be orange and black?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Why? Just to do something different? Lame.:bonk:

The only reason to change it is if it doesn't work well and Demo's work well.
The other reason to change it would be because the frame is absolutely hideous. A nice one-tone paintjob would have been the least they could do to try and cover it up, but they can't even manage that these days.

I ride an 06 demo and it's the last demo i'll buy, mostly because the HA is far too slack on the 07/08 bike with an 8" fork, and the BB isn't low enough to match. But if there was another factor, it'd be purely because it's so ugly. :)

It's a shame because i've been a pretty avid specialized fan for the last 5 years or so (and have about 5 of their frames)... but they've been going downhill fast since 05/06, up until then they used to build a really nice bike lineup with awesome geometry and great aesthetics. Now i've gotta become another lame IH fanboy.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
the new d8 is very low and cog is amazing -the bike corners "like on rails". suspension is the best yet from spec and the ha is awsome imo.
i just dont understand the rants about the new frame ! i simply love it !
(rode sundays ,while they are nice ,the demo's suspension and geo works far better for me)

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
The sunday is lower, and more importantly just has a better relationship between BB and HA given a current 8" fork.

The other issue with the new demo is that they moved the entire sizing chart up one space, so now the 06 medium size is 07/08's small and the 07/08 medium and large are just going to be way too big (by big I mean really long hand to foot distance / front-centre) for most people given that the 05/06's had a relatively long frontend too. The small will fit anyone that's say 5'10 and up but anyone shorter than that would be getting very uncomfortable.

Having looked at the pics of the 08 ones they do look much better, think they'd be perfect if they painted the seatstay the same colour as the frame. The red 07 frame was pretty nice too. But all in all the shape really isn't my thing, I suppose aesthetics is a very personal thing in any case.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
So the Enduro line has been trimmed to the SX and SL? No more regular Enduro?
According to an email to someone over on MTBR from spesh, the regular enduro is not getting replaced. No clue why it isn't in these pictures though.

I think the Pitch is going to sell really well. I love my enduro but I don't always love the proprietary suspension parts.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
The other issue with the new demo is that they moved the entire sizing chart up one space, so now the 06 medium size is 07/08's small and the 07/08 medium and large are just going to be way too big (by big I mean really long hand to foot distance / front-centre) for most people given that the 05/06's had a relatively long frontend too. The small will fit anyone that's say 5'10 and up but anyone shorter than that would be getting very uncomfortable.

Having looked at the pics of the 08 ones they do look much better, think they'd be perfect if they painted the seatstay the same colour as the frame. The red 07 frame was pretty nice too.
as far as the sizing ,i think this is one of the main reasons why i like mine so much.im 6'1 and 200lbs (ride a m) and the new frame's front center is more suited for me ,at least more than other bikes i rode.
the sunday may have great geo ,but i found the 17 (which i rode) to be to small for me (not tt wise ,but front center) .btw ,i have the candy red frame ,so aesthetics are fine for me.
i guess in the end its all about personal preferences ,and i dont see myself changing the frame anytime soon !

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
I think they are alot better than last years. The Demo7 frame without the stickers on it, could grow on me. Sure its pink...but its bold also.

I still think the 07 red pin stripe easily looks the best from last years and this years lineup.

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Ya'll are haters, paint is ballin' except for the "spraypaint" style text. When will destroyed text die?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
as far as the sizing ,i think this is one of the main reasons why i like mine so much.im 6'1 and 200lbs (ride a m) and the new frame's front center is more suited for me ,at least more than other bikes i rode.
the sunday may have great geo ,but i found the 17 (which i rode) to be to small for me (not tt wise ,but front center)
That's logical, if you were to ride a sunday you SHOULD be on a 19", not a 17". If the new demo's were sized correctly you'd be on a large too, the fact that you're on a medium at 6'1 indicates that.

Apr 9, 2007
KC, NS, Canada
wow, its good to know every one judges whats comming out and whats not soley on images and not acctual fact, if you tie everything together you will see that they do infact have an enduro thats non-sl, and they do have a bighit... sheesssh

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
I like the candycorn/creamsicle sxt.... I'll have one soon! The Big hits look pretty dumb though; all have the same graphic with diff colors but BAD graphic IMO. There isn't a new Enduro, only the SL and the Pitch.