Quantcast

2009 Bike Builds

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
This thread is for your 2009 season bike builds or parts changes. Since it is christmas I figured its a good time for this. You must post pics of the progress of the build.

Post away!

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
You def. just made this thread because I just asked you this question.
This may be true but, at the end of this challenge we must race before we are used to our bikes, first run of diablo down the backside, who ever makes it to indy cross first wins. We will start at the lake and Have someone say go. You can take any trail.

I will be stylin like usual, no surprise there.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
This may be true but, at the end of this challenge we must race before we are used to our bikes, first run of diablo down the backside, who ever makes it to indy cross first wins. We will start at the lake and Have someone say go. You can take any trail.

I will be stylin like usual, no surprise there.
haha Deal!

The303Kid

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Bergen County
well if we can talk about hard tails i just got an avid elixer for my suburban and once i save the money it will have a x fussion velvet on it and as for my 303 its going to be gone next season and im replacing it with a slope style bike which i will not reveal the company or model untill next season (but joe already knows but il have to kill him if he tells)

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
well if we can talk about hard tails i just got an avid elixer for my suburban and once i save the money it will have a x fussion velvet on it and as for my 303 its going to be gone next season and im replacing it with a slope style bike which i will not reveal the company or model untill next season (but joe already knows but il have to kill him if he tells)
watch it going to be a rockymountain switch or something like that... lmao that would be funny

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
No need for pictures with my bike. Stripped the Reign down last week, cleaned all the pivots and added lube, and am in the process of putting all the old parts back on there. John at Cycle Works is de-waffling the wheels and adding a spoke I broke in the Spring. At that point, it will be ready to ride. I am kind of one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of people, so no need to upgrade if my wallet can't take the abuse as it is...

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
No need for pictures with my bike. Stripped the Reign down last week, cleaned all the pivots and added lube, and am in the process of putting all the old parts back on there. John at Cycle Works is de-waffling the wheels and adding a spoke I broke in the Spring. At that point, it will be ready to ride. I am kind of one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of people, so no need to upgrade if my wallet can't take the abuse as it is...
doesnt sound broken at all.... i took apart my rear end and every one of the bearings were seized! had to litterly hammer out the bots! still didnt finish taking it apart.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Not saying it was broken. Some folks spend some crazy loot upgrading their bikes just for the sake of upgrading and having all the new, best stuff, even though the parts already on the bike work perfectly.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
i'll be rockin the 08' Sunday WC w/ Boxxer Team like last season. im gonna pick up those g3 rotors(current ones are bent), a new lg1(current one is bent), a new e13 guidering(current one is bent), a 350lb spring(steel, im on a budget) i rode a 300lb all season, new grips, cut my brakes hoses shorter, new chain, and some fresh minions and i should be set to ride!

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
i'll be rockin the 08' Sunday WC w/ Boxxer Team like last season. im gonna pick up those g3 rotors(current ones are bent), a new lg1(current one is bent), a new e13 guidering(current one is bent), a 350lb spring(steel, im on a budget) i rode a 300lb all season, new grips, cut my brakes hoses shorter, new chain, and some fresh minions and i should be set to ride!
oh, cant forget me tweaked out wheels that need to be trued, very bad.

and i have to include my 09' bmx build. not pos stunt bike, but a pure racer.

09' Answer Anarchy frame(Pro-XL)(RED)
Answer Carbon Scythe fork(Black)
Chris King headset(Black)
S&M Race Bars(Black)
S&M Race stem(Black)
ODI Ruffian Lock-ons(regular, no mushroom)(Black)
Shimano SAINT Cranks(black)
E-13 Guidering(Black)(size not yet determined)
Sun Ringle Superstock wheels
Maxxis HolyRollers 20x1.75(front and rear)
Thompson Seatpost
SDG Ti Fly saddle(Black)
Salsa seatpost QR(Black)
Shimano XTR V-brakes
Crank Bros Smarty pedals(Black w/ red rails)
all carbon fiber spacers
Troy Lee Designs rasta #plate

i think thats it. man its gonna be sick. i wanna rip it on indycross. i'll prolly smoke every mtber there.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i think im going to get new maxxis tubes and white zip ties. and i tweaked my rim a little near the valve stem to im going to tighten them a little like 1/4 turn.

Last edited:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
my 09 build is top secret as of now, im sure you guys will be reading about it soon tho. :D
So are we going to read about this in the downhill forum, just like that sam hill rumor about him riding on specialized.

I bet your new bike will be called the factory DNF.:cheers:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Why do you kids all try and keep what you're riding a secret. You're not a big deal, nobody even cares what you're riding. Grow up.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I am not telling anyone about my downhill bike for next season. This is the first time I am telling people that I am even getting one. I know nobody cares.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
well thats great pinkshirt, i hope you have fun with your new bike, in-fact we can all have fun here on the diablo forum without fortinnydick making remarks that just put a damper on the fun.

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
well u guys are so ingulfed in flaming ur gonna ignore this, but....

my specs gonna be off "da chain" im gonna take my dh bike, nd sell the boxxer (if ur interested u can let me know) nd get a totem, nd mainly do freeride nd stuff.... but dh with the totem as well kuz it has like 180mm nd is awesome. than im just gonna get a dhx or vivid rear shock. nd thats about it other than little things like a matching rear deemax wheel. ya go me! nd my dj bike will be built by mid january. alright! ya!