Quantcast

2009 Collegiate Nations 4x?

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
Hey,
So i just saw this video over on youtube:

What's the deal with this trail? can that actually be a 4x? I don't see how 4 people can ride this, the straights aren't long enough and the course seems like its made for dh bikes having fun.

anyways just curious.

hope to see people there.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
wow, using livewire as a 4x course, that might actually make it fun. :P. Never thought of that, but good idea N*. Bravo

Edit: I'd wager there will be some SERIOUS carnage on that.

Last edited:

caseyo

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
Reno
More like good idea Eddie McDonald. He's the president of the Nevada cycling team and he's putting this thing all together. Northstar is just the venue, not the promoter. This event will be super sick.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
What DH trail are they running? Hopefully not dogboner, I'm hoping to ride that trail that weekend!

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
nice eddie, way to put in the effort. tell some one to bring a couple dorm mattresses or something for the outside rocks on the Marla turn...

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
Ahh yes, the internet.

THanks for the suggestions, but I am pretty sure courses are on lock now. haha.

anyhoo,

4x on the wire is gonna be radical. in the last 3 days, plenty of new, passable features have been added to livewire. I have to give it up to the small trail crew at Northstar, they have made HUGE strides to make this portion of trail more raceable for 4x.

DH is gonna be fun! We wanted to run the gnar all the way down dogbone, but got the kai-bosh from USA cycling. So i mapped this trail out, and actually, lower stiks (formerly known as bailout) was re-opened with this race in mind. this will take out the epic, olympic length sprint that phodogg provides.

GET STOKED!

WEATHER LOOKS RAD!

IF YOUR FOLLOWING THE LEADER IN 4X, GET PISSED AND PASS HIM!

boo yow.

Eddie McDonald
Nevada Cycling

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Wow, this will actually be a legit race. Carnage on 4x, carnage on the DH. Can't wait to hear people (east coasters?) bitching about the lack of hero dirt and presence of rocks on the DH. Should be epic win for the internet crowd like me.

caseyo

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
Reno
Weather forecast says rain tues night and wed, then clearing up. So conditions will be the goodest ever. Lots of work went into this event, so save your bitching until it's all said and done.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
No bitchin about some raw DH from this East Coaster! Go App state!
That's what they all say...

If anyone of you fellow collegiates wants to ride some really raw stuff while you're out here, you've got an open invite to come hit up some lift access riding in Socal if you feel like making the long drive south.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Wow, this will actually be a legit race. Carnage on 4x, carnage on the DH. Can't wait to hear people (east coasters?) bitching about the lack of hero dirt and presence of rocks on the DH. Should be epic win for the internet crowd like me.
Can't wait to get roosty boosty in some moon dust. Bring on the rocks too I heard they actually have traction on them out there.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Can't wait to get roosty boosty in some moon dust. Bring on the rocks too I heard they actually have traction on them out there.
Don't mind him Mueller. He is a bystander. A sideline reporter.
The guy sitting in his recliner telling Peyton Manning who to throw to.
Always trying to start east/west drama.......
He has no idea he is talking to kids who cut their teeth on this $hit....:rolleyes:

caseyo

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
Reno
Heh. Yeah you guys are in for a treat. Sticks and stones is a lot of work.

It's so rad I rode it once this year and I'm there pretty much every weekend. :D

Actually the top part is pretty fun.
Thanks for the uninformed attempt at help.

The course is upper Karpiel, middle Dogbone (transferring over at the top of speed control) and lower Sticks (which was called bailout YEARS ago and has been reopened. The course is super sick. So stop whining unless you know what you're talking about.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

The course is upper Karpiel, middle Dogbone (transferring over at the top of speed control) and lower Sticks (which was called bailout YEARS ago and has been reopened. The course is super sick. So stop whining unless you know what you're talking about.
STFU bltch! I'm gonna hang you in a tree by your N* logo spandex:D

I'm not in college so I haven't done the deep necessary research involved in a race I'm not doing. I'm just going by what was posted in this thread.

www.2009mtbnationals.com

It says that we are racing on Karpiel, Sticks and Stones, and Dogbone...
My deepest, sincerest, most genuinely heart felt apologies for potentially sending someone down the wrong course on race day.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
My deepest, sincerest, most genuinely heart felt apologies for potentially sending someone down the wrong course on race day.
Wow, no need to get all butt-hurt boys. Now back to the question at hand, east coast or west coast. I'd tried to not so subtly incite this argument earlier in the thread. Where's the winner gonna be from? Smart money says west....by a LARGE margin.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
Kevin,

4x will finish at the dragons knuckle, or maybe right after it. really up to the powers that be. sadly, the great wall fo china jump was not incorporated, but whatever. its gonna be the bee's knees.

bring that camera out. make sure you get my mustachio on film.

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Is it just me or is it the year of the Mustache in the cycling world? I grew one at the start of the collegiate season and (not saying I started the mustache) by conference champs there were at least 5 bros sportin the stache. Not to mention the mustache Jam at Sunset etc.

baxterbike

Chimp
Apr 10, 2009
I'm the one that made the video....

If you haven't figured it out yet, all go-pro/chest cams have a fish-eye lens.... stuff seems much smaller even 5 feet away. That said, the course is about 8 feet wide, and those berms are well over head high. Plenty of passing opportunity. Its going to be amazing, wish I could race