Quantcast

2009 Collegiate Nations 4x?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I'm the one that made the video....

If you haven't figured it out yet, all go-pro/chest cams have a fish-eye lens.... stuff seems much smaller even 5 feet away. That said, the course is about 8 feet wide, and those berms are well over head high. Plenty of passing opportunity. Its going to be amazing, wish I could race
Agreed. The hilarious thing is that this "DH" trail (really more FR I guess?) is probably a better 4x than just about any 4x coursed raced anywhere in the U.S. Certainly more fun, and bigger for sure.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
So jealous of you guys that get to race!! I was up at N* a month ago checking it out, with the intention of joining the CPSLO team to race the nationals. I ended up massively overshooting the jump where Livewire crosses over Gyspy and destroyed my collarbone, I landed to flat and the force of my fork bottoming snapped the bone. So I have to sit this one out, so gutted. :(

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Kevin,

4x will finish at the dragons knuckle, or maybe right after it. really up to the powers that be. sadly, the great wall fo china jump was not incorporated, but whatever. its gonna be the bee's knees.

bring that camera out. make sure you get my mustachio on film.
I've got to talk to more people when I ride. I don't know the names of any of this stuff.

Dragon's knuckle: is that the somewhat bigger camel back with the cheese wedge on the right? The one you can jump the whole thing on the left side?

And what's the great wall of china? :rofl:

Find me and I'll make that mustache famous!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why is Cal Cycling banned? SOmeone made that comment in the youtube video thread...

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
I've got to talk to more people when I ride. I don't know the names of any of this stuff.

Dragon's knuckle: is that the somewhat bigger camel back with the cheese wedge on the right? The one you can jump the whole thing on the left side?

And what's the great wall of china? :rofl:

Find me and I'll make that mustache famous!!
Correct!

the great wall o china, (i might be the only one that calls it that) is that big ol blasty hip right after said dragon knuckle.

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
So jealous of you guys that get to race!!
Agreed... I remember Eddy telling us about racing 4x on live wire well over a month ago. (Eddy dont know if you remember me..I had the broken wrist and hung out with the two brothers on a demo and dhr) but yeah sounded like a sweet idea from the start

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Hell yeah, Sunset is famous.

PS - I'm calling Shoey Juiceler for the win in D1 DH by 10+ seconds. The kid has been UNSTOPPABLE in the Colorado collegiate DH scene this season.
A repeat from him would not surprise me at all. We should get a litterOTB type pool going for nats.

How many riders is mines sending?

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
A repeat from him would not surprise me at all. We should get a litterOTB type pool going for nats.

How many riders is mines sending?
Agreed. Spomer, get on this. ;)

Mines is bringing 5 (I think?), all XC type except Christen who will prolly be top 3 in the girls DH. Definitely won't be the same showing as the past few years. . .

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Har har! I guess going back to school is stupid! Eff getting more than one degreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Dude, how old is he now? he was an old guy in 2000 when he won in Idaho. Watching Todd Snyder when he saw Jon's time was awesome. Total deflation.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
...Bhahwhahah Is he still racing for Reno? Dont they have limitations of when you have to graduate or give up?
he is still racing and he's still fast as ****

NORTHSTAR SEPTEMBER 20, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RESULTS BY CLASS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLASS : PR
------------
BIB COMPETITOR---------------------------------------- FINAL
RANK Nr USSA Nr SURNAME+NAME CLASS TEAM DISTANCE TIME
97 563 MASSEY, IAN PR 3:53.
99 610 PITTS, GRAEME PR 3:57.
100 638 WILSON, JON PR 3:58.
101 634 THEEL, DEREK PR 4:02.
102 626 BROWN, JOHN PR 4:06.
103 612 CORSON, ZEKE PR 4:08.
104 569 ALBERT, KEVIN PR 4:09.
105 645 BARTON, NICK PR 4:12.
106 647 VORHEES, JUSTIN PR 4:14.
107 650 AMES, EVAN PR 4:17.
108 642 FELLERS, SCOTT PR 4:17.
109 635 DULLER, JOSEF PR 4:20.
110 552 ADAMS, MATT PR 4:37.
he will probably be on the box;)

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Agreed. Spomer, get on this. ;)

Mines is bringing 5 (I think?), all XC type except Christen who will prolly be top 3 in the girls DH. Definitely won't be the same showing as the past few years. . .

We're in the same boat kind of...stacked gravity squad but no chicks or xc riders. Gonna be hard to pull one out like last year.

caseyo

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
Reno
Raining at N* right now, supposed to break tomorrow and be 65 and sunny all weekend. Conditions are gonna be perfect. A few mods to Livewire are gonna make for the best 4x course I have ever seen.

johnnypop

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
San Jose/Santa Barbara
So jealous of you guys that get to race!! I was up at N* a month ago checking it out, with the intention of joining the CPSLO team to race the nationals. I ended up massively overshooting the jump where Livewire crosses over Gyspy and destroyed my collarbone, I landed to flat and the force of my fork bottoming snapped the bone. So I have to sit this one out, so gutted. :(

I had the same crash about two months ago minus the broken bone... pulled every tendon in my leg hand though when the tires decided to let go. landed head and shoulder first at the flat bottom where it starts to berm left. ouch.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
if only you knew the consequences. IF ONLY YOU KNEW
What, the eco nazis aren't going to let us ride like last year because there was too much rain and didn't want us to contribute to silt runoff? I really hope not. A lot of people have a lot of money invested in getting there this weekend, and it would be really bad if Northstar cancelled on us. If the rain clears out tomorrow conditions should be epic for the weekend. If only mountain management could understand what good biking conditions are.
Can't wait for this weekend.

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
What, the eco nazis aren't going to let us ride like last year because there was too much rain and didn't want us to contribute to silt runoff? I really hope not. A lot of people have a lot of money invested in getting there this weekend, and it would be really bad if Northstar cancelled on us. If the rain clears out tomorrow conditions should be epic for the weekend. If only mountain management could understand what good biking conditions are.
Can't wait for this weekend.
word.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
if only my school had a cycling team
Start one. Doesn't take much to start a club team. I bet most of the schools competing (save maybe Ft. Lewis) are all just club teams and don't get much support from their school, but you don't need much. Permission to borrow their van/truck, maybe a popup tent or trailer, hold fundraisers or work game parking for your jerseys, etc. Get a local shop behind you and you're golden.

Unless of course your post was in jest, then dammit I just wasted my time....:eek:

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
Start one. Doesn't take much to start a club team. I bet most of the schools competing (save maybe Ft. Lewis) are all just club teams and don't get much support from their school, but you don't need much. Permission to borrow their van/truck, maybe a popup tent or trailer, hold fundraisers or work game parking for your jerseys, etc. Get a local shop behind you and you're golden.

Unless of course your post was in jest, then dammit I just wasted my time....:eek:
Exactly. UNR hardly knows we exist, and we prefer it that way!

caseyo

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
Reno
Some of the raddest 4x racing EVER tonight. Great track, tons of spectators, and a super exciting race. Jon Wilson battled his way through the heats to take the 4x national championship. You all missed out big time. Downhill at noon tomorrow.