Quantcast

2009 gt dh ???

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
The frame looks nice!!!!! I remember back in the day when they had a few Carbon Fiber DH bikes. I had just started racing and was trying to scrape up the funds to try to get one. I ended up with the Aluminum version instead. I wonder if they will have two different versions because I don't see them moving a lot of the Carbon frames because you know the $$ cost will be HIGH!!!!!!!!!

I am glad to see them back and pushing the technology level to the next level.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Sweet. I will most likely be buying one of those :)

Not convinced on air shock for DH, but never tried one...

ilfreerider, where did you get the photos? Presumably there is more info to go with them somewhere...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The question is how much would it take to scratch it enough to snap it. I remember test in German Bike some years ago where carbon was very impact resistant. Xy how is your bike holding up? You have some very thing pieces and the bike looks fine.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
that statement was with heavy sarcasm. i'm a total believer in the suitability of carbon for dh frame applications. built properly, they'll take all sorts of abuse & still live long happy lives.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
The frame looks nice!!!!! I remember back in the day when they had a few Carbon Fiber DH bikes. I had just started racing and was trying to scrape up the funds to try to get one. I ended up with the Aluminum version instead. I wonder if they will have two different versions because I don't see them moving a lot of the Carbon frames because you know the $$ cost will be HIGH!!!!!!!!!

I am glad to see them back and pushing the technology level to the next level.
the STS-DH and LOBO were thermoplastic not carbon fibre

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Seb this could be your real return to the weight weenie leadership :)
Haha. I hope it's not that light, I don't want to have to worry about the abuse that UK uplifts would give a thin-walled carbon frame!
Perhaps that press camp bike is #1 off the assembly line?
Well that's what I mean. If they're selling them in 09 I'd like to think they would have had some pros ride prototypes by now! Spose it's only June though isn't it...

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
The word from the store is it will be called the Fury DH and retail is $7000.
Hahahahaha. That's got to be a joke right? How much do most top-end DH bikes go for in the US? $5000 tops?

Knowing GT it wont be available as frame-only either so I'll have to buy a whole one and strip the bits I don't want, ****ers.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Hahahahaha. That's got to be a joke right? How much do most top-end DH bikes go for in the US? $5000 tops?

Knowing GT it wont be available as frame-only either so I'll have to buy a whole one and strip the bits I don't want, ****ers.
Doesn't a M6 with all the bells and whistles retail for that?

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
Yeah, is $7K for a top end carbon bike really that much. I've had that sunk into a good old 6160 Dh rig.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Well I don't know. Over here a 2008 DHi will set you back £4000, which equates to about $8000. But the world being the way it is I thought they went for about $5000 in the US, in which case it seems odd for their new bike to be $2000 more. I could be wrong on that $5000 price though, can't find it online anywhere at the moment.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Haha. I hope it's not that light, I don't want to have to worry about the abuse that UK uplifts would give a thin-walled carbon frame!

Well that's what I mean. If they're selling them in 09 I'd like to think they would have had some pros ride prototypes by now! Spose it's only June though isn't it...
Ha bud very true to that!!!about the uk uplift btw:bonk:

pimp bike aswell

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
About the carbon and thin walls. - They don't have to be so thin that they would be injured because of lifts and stuff. I've used carbon bars for quite some time and they are really abused (hit rocks and yes they've been scratched) and they hold very fine. Also I hear little problem with Lahar carbon bike durability.

jeremyb

Monkey
Dec 3, 2004
Christchurch, New Zealand
About the carbon and thin walls. - They don't have to be so thin that they would be injured because of lifts and stuff. I've used carbon bars for quite some time and they are really abused (hit rocks and yes they've been scratched) and they hold very fine. Also I hear little problem with Lahar carbon bike durability.

I believe thats because the carbon is about 5m thick on a Lahar where it needs to be ;)