Quantcast

2010 Ferrari 458 Italia... GOOD GOD...

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
The Tramontana R made by some Spanish firm. 2400lbs, all carbon fiber, and a 720hp Mercedes V-12. Passenger sits behind the driver ala jet cockpit. Pretty sweet and only $450,000!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
The Tramontana R made by some Spanish firm. 2400lbs, all carbon fiber, and a 720hp Mercedes V-12. Passenger sits behind the driver ala jet cockpit. Pretty sweet and only $450,000!
So wife would officially be a backseat driver now? Awesome...... :(

(on the other hand, I probably couldn't hear her over that v12... :thumb:)

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Wow. The 458's gorgeous. Even the wife likes it. Not so sure about that line of lights up the front fender though. Have to see some more views or go out to Westhampton :)

Hopefully we don't fix healthcare and maybe someday I'll actually be able to afford one. :sarcastic:

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
I had the luxury of having a customer event at the ferarri factory in maranello, italy a few years back.

It takes them 30 days to turn out a crank shaft. That is why it costs $250K for a car. Impressive.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
127hp/L NA is fairly impressive...anyone can bolt a giant turbo to a breathless engine like the VR and make massive numbers with a sh!tty curve.
you would be wrong about the sh*tty curve.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Ferarri makes more money from selling paraphenellia than cars (aka selling overpriced crap to suckers who could never afford an actual car).

They are a marketing firm that coincidentally makes really fast cars.

Discuss.

agreed...I mean if a person really wanted a performance car they could spend about 200K less and whoop all over a Ferrari...Ferrari's are just "oh look at me" cars...IMO...D

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
agreed...I mean if a person really wanted a performance car they could spend about 200K less and whoop all over a Ferrari...Ferrari's are just "oh look at me" cars...IMO...D
please. Ferraris are the pinnacle of innovation, style and performance.
and what would you get for $200k less? say the car is going to be $300k, for $100k you can get a Viper ACR, over priced Corvette ZR1, Ariel Atom 3....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if i ever were in a position to buy one of these i'd have to come up with a damn good reason why "just" a Nissan GTR wouldn't do. the extra 1% of performance is entirely irrelevant outside of a spec racing series, and the cachet is kind of wasted when one doesn't hobnob with old money in the first place…

(at one time, a long time ago, i actually did want a ferrari. i've long been cured of this affliction.)

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Lets see... A Datsun or a Ferrari. That was easy.
couldnt have said it better. :thumb::thumb:

yeah the GTR is fast, but its a Nissan for christ sakes. how are you going to compare a Nissan to a Ferrari.
why not go for the overpriced Vette while youre at it.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
like I said earlier.....Ferrari's are just status symbols..."oh look at me I have a Ferrari"....the GTR is just as performance worthy and you save about 200k...it's called common sense...lol

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Dude - you're worse than an Apple fanboi. :D
it has nothing to do with being a fan of Honda's...but if you're going to start saying "leaders of innovation" it better be true...it's a fact that other car manufacturers have already done this long ago.

Many car companies have been pushing the Hp per/ltr. limit long ago and not charging the cost of a house to experience it!!

Last edited:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
like I said earlier.....Ferrari's are just status symbols..."oh look at me I have a Ferrari"....the GTR is just as performance worthy and you save about 200k...it's called common sense...lol

Yeah, because the type of person concerned with high performance and/or luxury automobiles is all about pinching pennies. :rolleyes: "Common sense" really doesn't factor into the equation.

Also, ALL these types of cars are just status symbols. You can have the little faggy ricer or the head-turner ferrari... whatever. A big "look at me" sign would be much cheaper.

cneums

Monkey
Jul 9, 2009
Maryland, USA
please. Ferraris are the pinnacle of innovation, style and performance.
and what would you get for $200k less? say the car is going to be $300k, for $100k you can get a Viper ACR, over priced Corvette ZR1,[\B] Ariel Atom 3....

i'm sorry...but that car is simply amazing. i'd say it's mostly worth it. (the engineering at least). however, your pompous ferrari-is-the-coolest-thing-ever-and-i-gag-on-their-collective-cock attitude is really ridiculous. it's a sexy car, but there are other sexy cars out there. and whats wrong with the nissan? mad that it could kick your little fanboy ass? cars, while it's great for them to be pretty, are machines. and machines are made to do a job. and the nissan does it better. sorry for bursting your bubble. and, as many people have said, when are you going to even drive that? let alone have enough money to think of buying it? at least the nissan is 'reasonable.' the ferrari is nice, but this thread sucks.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i'm sorry...but that car is simply amazing. i'd say it's mostly worth it. (the engineering at least). however, your pompous ferrari-is-the-coolest-thing-ever-and-i-gag-on-their-collective-cock attitude is really ridiculous. it's a sexy car, but there are other sexy cars out there. and whats wrong with the nissan? mad that it could kick your little fanboy ass? cars, while it's great for them to be pretty, are machines. and machines are made to do a job. and the nissan does it better. sorry for bursting your bubble. and, as many people have said, when are you going to even drive that? let alone have enough money to think of buying it? at least the nissan is 'reasonable.' the ferrari is nice, but this thread sucks.
i dont believe i ever said Ferraris are the coolest care thing ever as you put it. the Zonda, Konneenniggssigg, Gumpert, SLR 722, Aston One-77 and Lambos are all sick and sexy cars in their own right. I do believe though that Ferraris do it with class and have that awe factor that other cars have to go beyond the realm of being normal to come close.
theres nothing wrong with the GTR....if you like Datsuns that is. its fast, yes. does it look good? IMO no. its bland. the R34 was the last and only show stopper to come from Nissan. thankfully they didnt call the R35 a Skyline.
when am i going to drive a Ferrari? how about next month? when will i have enough money to buy one? now. will i buy one now? no

sure the Nissan is "reasonable," but so is a 997, Vette, Viper, any Lotus, Ariel Atom 2 or 3.

if you are trying to compare speed, then yes, the GTR is a damn fast car, theres no denying that. but trying to compare a Nissan to a Lambo, Ferrari or any other exotic is stupid.
stop trying to justify the Nissan. we get it

Last edited:

cneums

Monkey
Jul 9, 2009
Maryland, USA
i'm not so much just justifying the nissan as a supercar (which it is, don't argue), as reveling in the ignorance of your attitude. but whatever. it's the internets. you've bought into their whole marketing scheme. and you're telling me you have enough money to buy a brand new ferrari? then do something good for other people with it, don't feed your ego. anyways, work called and said im supposed to be doing it ;). thread still sucks.