Quantcast

2010 Ferrari 458 Italia... GOOD GOD...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
and you're telling me you have enough money to buy a brand new ferrari? then do something good for other people with it, don't feed your ego.
i actually do smartass. i run a charity that helps less fortunate adults and children as well as children and adults with terminal diseases to help give them gifts during the holidays.
a charity my family has been running for almost 20 years now.

and the GTR has supercar speed, not the supercar class.

cneums

Monkey
Jul 9, 2009
Maryland, USA
i actually do smartass. i run a charity that helps less fortunate adults and children as well as children and adults with terminal diseases to help give them gifts during the holidays.
a charity my family has been running for almost 20 years now.

and the GTR has supercar speed, not the supercar class.
well that's excellent. i'm proud to be a member of a community with people like you (i'm being serious, and to clarify that i'm not calling you out just to be a d!ck, i work in cancer research and diagnosis and assist in treatment of some of the most deadly types of childhood cancers).

and i can agree with that, if by class you mean design and finish...just like the ZR1.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Wow...

Just came back to check on this thread... I haven't read the last couple of pages but somehow we've entered the realm of who can afford what, who has a charity and ISN'T going to hell in anything less than a handbasket designed by Pininfarina, and where exactly turbo charged Beetles fit in to all of this...

I leave you all alone for a few days and THIS is what I come back to?

...go to your rooms.

:D

Seriously though - I'm glad you guys are so passionate about cars like this. As soon as I saw the 458 I knew people would either love it or hate it. Aesthetically I like 90% of it especially the lines of the rear fenders - sexy!

The front headlights and some of the fascia elements reminded me of the one-off P4/5. Anyone remember this?:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/2830/Ferrari-P4-5-by-Pininfarina.html

G-Haus dropped 4 Mill to make this Enzo-based 330 tribute machine. Pretty crazy but when you read about all the mods he made to the engine/interior/exterior... damn.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
actually the guy who designed the P4/5 worked for Pininfarina and has sinced moved onto another company called Stile Bertone who is making a supercar based on the ZR1.
unfortunately AFAIK, he didnt design the F458 since Pininifarina designs all of Ferrari's and Maserati's cars.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I would predict that many of you Ferrari haters have never sat in one, driven one, or had anything to do with one. Until you do, I don’t think you can understand why people buy these cars. If you drive a Subaru or an element you never will because obviously cars arent your thing...yeah some hopped up GTR can beat it who cares...you can't beat the Italian wine behind your head on a sunny day...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No matter how fast your car is you are stuck in the same **** traffic going the same speed as the grandmother in her 89 Toyota Tercel.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I would predict that many of you Ferrari haters have never sat in one, driven one, or had anything to do with one. Until you do, I don’t think you can understand why people buy these cars. If you drive a Subaru or an element you never will because obviously cars arent your thing...yeah some hopped up GTR can beat it who cares...you can't beat the Italian wine[sic] behind your head on a sunny day...
it's cachet. and, like i said, it only "matters" if you're old money. i think it's stupid, even if the machines themselves are beautiful.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I do not like the "hood scoops" by each headlight. They make it look like the hood fits poorly. I'm sure they serve a purpose, but they're ugly.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i still dont like the 3 exhaust pipes also. a odd number like that is kinda weird...2 or 4 would be more better.
and im still debating whether that dash is hot or not, particularly the angled hvac controls and lights on the left

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
I would predict that many of you Ferrari haters have never sat in one, driven one, or had anything to do with one. Until you do, I don’t think you can understand why people buy these cars. If you drive a Subaru or an element you never will because obviously cars arent your thing...yeah some hopped up GTR can beat it who cares...you can't beat the Italian wine behind your head on a sunny day...
yup. my uncle owned a 1991 348 tb a long time ago. he was an engineer and had always appreciated automotive design, engineering history, prestige and above all, heritage. over the years he had owned a few alfas, a porsche (i think), and some other fast and sexy european exotics, but had always longed after a ferrari. when he bought it, i ,in my ignorance, asked him why he bought something so ludicrously expensive. he smiled and said that yes, then got me into the passenger's seat and rocket off down and around montauk, long island at a go-straight-to-jail speed with a sh*t-eating grin the whole way. anything that can make a 50 year old engineer grin like a fat 10 year old seeing his birthday cake is worth every penny.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yup. my uncle owned a 1991 348 tb a long time ago. he was an engineer and had always appreciated automotive design, engineering history, prestige and above all, heritage. over the years he had owned a few alfas, a porsche (i think), and some other fast and sexy european exotics, but had always longed after a ferrari. when he bought it, i ,in my ignorance, asked him why he bought something so ludicrously expensive. he smiled and said that yes, then got me into the passenger's seat and rocket off down and around montauk, long island at a go-straight-to-jail speed with a sh*t-eating grin the whole way. anything that can make a 50 year old engineer grin like a fat 10 year old seeing his birthday cake is worth every penny.
Yep, it's like either you get it or you dont, i have had the experience of driving 2 italians and to me it will be worth every penny when i can buy one some day. The way I figure i'm 2 cars away from owning an italian, the next will be a 911 then oh someday an f-car or a lambo (not new of course)...hopefully work keeps on going well:weee:

cars are my 'other' love...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I disagree. People who drive cars like subarus and such need a car that has....What are the words i'm looking for....ACTUAL FUNCTIONALITY

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I disagree. People who drive cars like subarus and such need a car that has....What are the words i'm looking for....ACTUAL FUNCTIONALITY
and people who are buying exotics arent probably going to be driving it in the winter or pick the soccer team up in....a soccer mom maybe

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Agree'd obviously if you are buying this car it isnt your DD, man what i wouldnt give to have an element and a 458 in my garage...The element is an awesome riding rig...It's not about status, it's about fun...you can have it in both...

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
lol..I just notice the 12.5/1 compression ratio...say hello to race gas prices!!!
that is probably the static compression ratio. dynamic compression ratio can be lower based on cam profiles and timing. this is why you see a lot of motorcycles and such with static CR in the 12's that are capable of running pump gas.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
best looking f-car yet...Everything that was awesome about the 360,430, and Enzo all smashed into an amazing package...unreal the interior is sex, thanks for posting those links, didnt see those yet.