Quantcast

2010 NFL Football Thread

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
...but they're in the playoffs. Twice in two years under Rex Ryan. One AFC championship game.
Manning will shred the Jets D in the second half, like he has done to other teams in the playoffs. The Jets don't have nearly as much big game experience as the Colts, even though the Colt are riddled with injuries. I think the game will be competitive, and the Colts will win.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Let's go Seahawks.

I suspect I'm going to need a lot of beer to get me through this one.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That was an INCREDIBLE run by Lynch. By my count he flat out broke 5 tackles on the way in. :monkeydance:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That was one of the best clutch runs in the history of the NFL. Awesome.
That's my boy :clapping:. Always said he was one of the hardest running backs in the league.

Love it. I think Brees is overrated, and find it hilarious that a 7-9 team just took away the playoff hopes of the defending superbowl champs :D

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
They broke down the run after the Jets game and there were 8 missed/broke tackles on that play. :eek:
Heh. I turned it off before that. Did they count some of the desperation dives at the end or something then? That's the only way I can see getting to 8.

My favorite part was Hasselbeck looking like he was thinking about delivering a block to the back and deciding against it. :rofl:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Heh. I turned it off before that. Did they count some of the desperation dives at the end or something then? That's the only way I can see getting to 8.

My favorite part was Hasselbeck looking like he was thinking about delivering a block to the back and deciding against it. :rofl:
Yes, I think they were counting a few of the desperate dives. Regardless, it was a fantastic run. Now I need the Ravens to take care of business tomorrow so we can play the Steelers again.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I missed all of football yesterday thanks to skiing and post-skiing activities, and I missed the early game today thanks to work, and I'm ok with all of that. Looking forward to settling down in front of the TV for the Eagles/Packers now. :)

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I missed all of football yesterday thanks to skiing and post-skiing activities, and I missed the early game today thanks to work, and I'm ok with all of that. Looking forward to settling down in front of the TV for the Eagles/Packers now. :)
You've missed a lot, mostly me being perfect with my predictions!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Manning will shred the Jets D in the second half, like he has done to other teams in the playoffs. The Jets don't have nearly as much big game experience as the Colts, even though the Colt are riddled with injuries. I think the game will be competitive, and the Colts will win.
I didn't think that the Seahawks would be this competitive at this point of the game.

I still think that the Saints will win.
note to self...don't ask Quo Fan for any football advice.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I missed all of football yesterday thanks to skiing and post-skiing activities
wow, you had some long post-ski activities!

i skied at mt snow until the lifts closed, had dinner in wilmington VT, drove to my friend's house in arlington to get my car and still made it back for most of the 2nd half of the Colts/Jets game.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
wow, you had some long post-ski activities!

i skied at mt snow until the lifts closed, had dinner in wilmington VT, drove to my friend's house in arlington to get my car and still made it back for most of the 2nd half of the Colts/Jets game.
Nice, you were at Mt Snow yesterday?? Awesome powder in the morning! :weee:

I skied open to close, had bar beer after, then had dinner at the cousin's house with a bunch of people who don't care about football and wanted to play Wii, so I lose. :D

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i think this is the first time ive wanted the Packers to win. I think the Bears would do better against the Seahawks more than the Eagles

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
All I can say is, if the Ravens play Pittsburg next week the way they played the first half today, we can kiss our hopes of a superbowl goodbye.

Ravens need to pick it up big time. They acted like they were tired and hadn't had enough sleep first half. They look like they just don't want it bad enough.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The NFL needs to start making players take basic grammar lessons. It is a complete joke that these guys associate themselves with large universities but can't get through an interview without slaughtering the English language.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
All I can say is, if the Ravens play Pittsburg next week the way they played the first half today, we can kiss our hopes of a superbowl goodbye.

Ravens need to pick it up big time. They acted like they were tired and hadn't had enough sleep first half. They look like they just don't want it bad enough.
They played well against the Steelers a few weeks ago and still lost.

Just sayin. :thumb:

If the past is any indicator, don't bet against Pittsburgh in the playoffs unless they are playing New England. I hate black/purple and living in this area doesn't help that feeling one bit.

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
The NFL needs to start making players take basic grammar lessons. It is a complete joke that these guys associate themselves with large universities but can't get through an interview without slaughtering the English language.

You'd have trouble doing an interview if you had adrenalin pumping through you by the gallon after spending the past 3 hours getting your head treated like a scrambled egg.