Quantcast

2010 NFL Football Thread

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
NFL Fail.

Records
Tampa Bay 10-6 in a division with Atlanta and New Orleans.
Seattle 7-9 in a division where they can't $hit without falling back in it.

Score when they played
Tampa Bay 38
Seattle 15

But guess which team is headed to the playoffs?
priceless. :rofl:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
NFL Fail.

Records

Score when they played
Tampa Bay 38
Seattle 15

Tampa 3-3 in their division, Hawks 4-2. Raiders 6-0 but they miss the playoffs. It's a weird year.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
NFL Fail.

Records

Score when they played
Tampa Bay 38
Seattle 15

Yeah, even as a Seahawks fan I can't really feel all that good about the playoff berth.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've got to tell ya, the more I listen to sports news today, the more I am hoping the Seahawks knock off the Saints. So much bitching about the 7-9 record in the playoffs.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I've got to tell ya, the more I listen to sports news today, the more I am hoping the Seahawks knock of the Saints. So much bitching about the 7-9 record in the playoffs.
^^^^
Regardless of were I live, I'm only a casual Seahawks fan because I live here.

If you're going to bitch, why do they have divisions at all? Just lump them all together and say the 12 teams with the best record go to the playoffs.
Even Dungy agreed with this despite being screwed by it as a coach.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
^^^^

If you're going to bitch, why do they have divisions at all? Just lump them all together and say the 12 teams with the best record go to the playoffs.
Even Dungy agreed with this despite being screwed by it as a coach.
Uhh, duh, TV rights for the extra week of wild cards. It's about $$, not competition or parity.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Wall Street crook bankers, CEOs, politicians and the Texans head coach. Only jobs in America where you can under perform and fvck away your job and still keep that multi million dollar a year job.

Texans fan-LOL indeed.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Wall Street crook bankers, CEOs, politicians and the Texans head coach. Only jobs in America where you can under perform and fvck away your job and still keep that multi million dollar a year job.

Texans fan-LOL indeed.
They just need a defense that doesn't fold like a cheap lawn chair in the second half. Arian Foster drug my sorry butt through many a fantasy week with no hope and turned it into a win...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wild Card Weekend! My picks:

New Orleans over Seattle (though N.O. won't cover the 10.5 point spread)
Indianapolis over NY Jets
Baltimore over Kansas City
Philadelphia over Green Bay (my least confident pick)

Meh, I picked the four favorites. Weak. If history is any indication, I'll be wrong on two of these.

Someone will have to explain to me WTF Andrew Luck is thinking.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Wild Card Weekend! My picks:

New Orleans over Seattle (though N.O. won't cover the 10.5 point spread)
Indianapolis over NY Jets
Baltimore over Kansas City
Philadelphia over Green Bay (my least confident pick)

Meh, I picked the four favorites. Weak. If history is any indication, I'll be wrong on two of these.

Someone will have to explain to me WTF Andrew Luck is thinking.
Winners:

Saints
Jets
Ravens
Green Bay

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Seahawks (Saints have played 3 times in 12 days, terrible road trip to make and hard stadium to play in. Don't give me the 7-9 deal, everybody's 0-0 now)

Jets (this ain't your normal Colts team this year)

Ravens (D is too good right now)

Packers (Rodgers is on a streak, Vick is still too much of a variable)

What is Luck thinking? He's not, other than he must have an extreme dislike of North Carolina. Stupid reason cause next year will be a sucky team somewhere else. That's why NFL should go to the lottery style for the number 1 pick. Luck's value will not go up anymore than it is right now, #1 pick is #1 pick.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What is Luck thinking? He's not, other than he must have an extreme dislike of North Carolina. Stupid reason cause next year will be a sucky team somewhere else. That's why NFL should go to the lottery style for the number 1 pick. Luck's value will not go up anymore than it is right now, #1 pick is #1 pick.
That's the thing...the next time he enters the NFL Draft, there will be a rookie pay scale. It's going to be in the next CBA. Figure Luck is passing up about $55-$60 million of guaranteed money. Now he'll get a third of that if he is lucky. If he doesn't want Carolina, does he think he'll like Buffalo better?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's the thing...the next time he enters the NFL Draft, there will be a rookie pay scale.
Maybe, but that's not definite.

Now he'll get a third of that if he is lucky.
I don't know... Rich kid making a decision to get his degree from a top tier school, avoid the possible labor issues looming next year (avoiding sitting out during his rookie season), play football with his teammates for another year... and at the end of it he'll still come out of it with millions of dollars, not to mention that's just the tip of the iceberg considering future earnings with the NFL...

Just doesn't seem like a bad decision to me. Yes, he may be passing up guaranteed money, but he's still going to be able to build a Scrooge McDuck money vault and go swimming twice a day if he wants to, and he's not some broke kid from the streets who feels like he has to chase the paycheck.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Saints over Seahawks - Seahaws are as bad as their record indicates
Colts over Jets - Jets talk the talk, but can't walk the walk
Ravens over Chiefs - Raven's D will dominate
Packers over Eagles - The Pack will blitz Vick into next season

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Harbaugh reportedly agrees to deal with 49ers

Jim Harbaugh has agreed to a five-year contract Friday to become 49ers coach, ESPN.com has reported.

Adam Schefter cited team and league sources. A news conference is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. today in San Francisco.

wwooo naw they can't have a real coach.....the Yorks possibly doing something right? quick someone check the temperature in hell.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
:rofl: :stupid: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This can only end well.
The last former player (like, real player...not some dude on a practice squad) who was a great head coach was DITKA (Hall of Fame player...Ditka rules). The last college coach who did *anything* in the NFL was Jimmy Johnson. So yeah, one of each in the last 25 years. :)

And what are you laughing at, HAB? *cough cough PETE CARROLL cough cough* :D

I like Jim Harbaugh though. Liked him as a player and at Stanford. Bummer he went to San Fran. If he went to Miami, I'd wish him well. But no.