Quantcast

2010 NFL Football Thread

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The NFC has won 2 out of the last 3 Superbowls.
yet overall the NFC is so mediocre that the seahawks made it into the playoffs.

edit: NFC has also only won 3 of the last 10 super bowls. Statistics are fun aren't they?

LOL

Pretty sure an NFC team won the Super Bowl last year. And Google says the NFC leads 23-21. So yeah, maybe....

btw I am not anti-AFC. I am anti-Jets and Steelers.
you are now my sworn mortal enemy.

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
See, I don't think this is a streak. I think he is just really good and will continue to be a premier qb for a while.

(not really speaking to you directly, zdub...just sort of talking out loud here)
Its all good... You see, I could maybe see that potential; but the guy get too many concussions. :rofl: There is no denying that the guy is a really really good QB when he is hot, but I think the jury is out if he can be consistent.

LOL

Pretty sure an NFC team won the Super Bowl last year. And Google says the NFC leads 23-21. So yeah, maybe....

btw I am not anti-AFC. I am anti-Jets and Steelers.
Big Ben's off-field transgressions aside... whats there to dislike about Pitt? I try to be objective even though I am a fan, but I think that they are one of the few teams left where the owners care about the players and vice versa; they don't talk alot of smack, and they have a really good coach. It comes across as more of a "team" than just an organization that is there to make money... I am really curious what you think because all I hear around here is the usual nonsensical "hating" from Ravens fans.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Big Ben's off-field transgressions aside... whats there to dislike about Pitt? I try to be objective even though I am a fan, but I think that they are one of the few teams left where the owners care about the players and vice versa; they don't talk alot of smack, and they have a really good coach. It comes across as more of a "team" than just an organization that is there to make money... I am really curious what you think because all I hear around here is the usual nonsensical "hating" from Ravens fans.
In the grand scheme of things, I don't dislike the Steelers at all. I just don't want them to win the Super Bowl this year because I am pulling for the two NFC teams. If the Steelers go on to win it, I'll be fine with that...I would just rather see the Bears or Packers win it.

I pretty much dislike any sports team based out of NYC, so screw the Jets.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
yet overall the NFC is so mediocre that the seahawks made it into the playoffs.

edit: NFC has also only won 3 of the last 10 super bowls. Statistics are fun aren't they?
Or 4 out of the last 10 for people who actually know what teams are in which conference. :rofl:
Seattle made the playoffs because they played in a division in which all four teams could not fight their way out of a brown paper bag.
But overall, the conferences are fairly even.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Its all good... You see, I could maybe see that potential; but the guy get too many concussions. :rofl: There is no denying that the guy is a really really good QB when he is hot, but I think the jury is out if he can be consistent.

granted they don't have that blowhard Cowher on the sidelines now, and Joey Porter is gone, but during that era there was plenty of smack talk.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
granted they don't have that blowhard Cowher on the sidelines now, and Joey Porter is gone, but during that era there was plenty of smack talk.
:rofl:

I remember when I was younger going to the Steelers games back at 3 Rivers... under one of the bridges near the stadium there was an old trashed couch for some homeless dudes that was spraypainted to say "cowher's couch"

:rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Although I prefer the Steelers over other teams I am really just a fan of good football. Sunday should provide two excellent games and I have no complaints this year no matter who makes the superbowl.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i'll take any team but the jets to win the superbowl.

are most athletes such pussies that they always worry about getting respect or disrespected after every fvcking game interview....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i watched the flyers kick the sh!t out of the blackhawks....then this.