Quantcast

2010 NFL Football Thread

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Pssh. I don't care about the ridiculousness surrounding Favre's career.

321 consecutive football starts. With a target painted on your back and a bunch of 250+ lb. dudes gunning for you.

He's one of the toughest motherfvckers on the planet.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Why do people keep saying he's tough? Has he had any significant injuries? All players play hurt to a point but its not like he's playing through a torn knee or anything. To contrast him with Brady: When Brady gets hurt you don't hear about it until after the season's over (a few years ago he played half the season with a hernia and a couple of broken ribs along with his nagging shoulder). Farve will cry in front of any camera any chance he gets (and espn will happily give it to him) how much a hangnail is bothering him but he'll spin it to make sure you see him as a "tough guy". I've heard that many players play with the ankle injury he got this year. They just don't cry about it everyday.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
So he's tough because he gets paid a million dollars to play for 30 minutes each Sunday? When was the last time he went to training camp? Any player will tell you that the games are the fun part.

If Manning is as lucky as Farve and not get hurt he could easily beat his record. And he will have more than one SB to go with it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Why do people keep saying he's tough?
You're right. There are tons of people who play for 18 years without missing a single game.

Silly me.

Perhaps I'm not judging by the injuries he's played through, and instead by the fact that the dude is over 40 and has been putting himself in front of a bunch of defensive linemen every Sunday since he was in his early 20s without skipping a beat. There are six quarterbacks in history who have consecutive starts that are a third of what he did.

What, you think he's just been the luckiest guy in history to happen to have never really gotten hit as hard as other quarterbacks in 18 years? Gosh, yes, I bet that's it. An 18-year lucky streak. That guy should be studied.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So he's tough because he gets paid a million dollars to play for 30 minutes each Sunday? When was the last time he went to training camp? Any player will tell you that the games are the fun part.

If Manning is as lucky as Farve and not get hurt he could easily beat his record. And he will have more than one SB to go with it.
Yeah, I don't care enough to argue, only enough to tell you that you're wrong. :p

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Its looking like this might have been set up by all the coaches. Upon further examination all the coaches (incl Ryan) were watching the gunner the whole time and not the ball which was the opposite direction.
its kinda hard for them to predict that the guy from Miami was going to run out of bounds and try to re-enter the field only to be tripped by that douche in that exact spot
if it was planned, expect to see the trainer spill the beans....especially since he was finned $25k and suspended for the remainder of the regular season.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Go Rams! Fvck you, 49ers. LMAO imo.

But don't get me wrong...both teams are friggin horrible the way they played today...but at least the Rams are on the way up. Mike Singletary is NOT a good head coach.