Quantcast

2010 Windrock Fall Fest

Jun 11, 2004
Anyone going have an extra pressure suit or core saver they'd like to sell?
I have an XL pressure suit that is in great shape. Only used a handful of times. If you buy $30 in raffle tickets its yours!

If interested come find me Saturday morning. I'll be riding a blue Morewood Kalula with gold rims.

bmbass

Chimp
Sep 20, 2010
Hippyville, NC
I have an XL pressure suit that is in great shape. Only used a handful of times. If you buy $30 in raffle tickets its yours!

If interested come find me Saturday morning. I'll be riding a blue Morewood Kalula with gold rims.
Nice, what brand? I wear a large in 661, wont be coming until Sunday. Super pumped though. Rode last Saturday with some pals and borrowed a suit, boy was I glad to have it too.

Jun 11, 2004
Nice, what brand? I wear a large in 661, wont be coming until Sunday. Super pumped though. Rode last Saturday with some pals and borrowed a suit, boy was I glad to have it too.
Its a 661. You think the XL will work for you? Tell you what....if its OK with profro....I'll leave it with him on Saturday and you can grab it from him on Sunday.

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Thanks to all the the people that make riding at Wind Rock possible. Awesome weekend even after riding Snake Rock with no rear brake and having a few near death moments! Thank you 661 for making good armor. It was great to meet everyone finally and will be back for sure. If any one thinks there is no legit DH in the South, they haven't ridden Wind Rock!!! Thanks guys for a great time!!!

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Had an awesome time, first time I can say I've ridden the whole weekend without pinching a few tubes.

Too bad my parents didn't have near the fun I had.

My Dad ended up pulling an ACU (or something like that..) and possibly fractured a collar bone while trying to help the guy with the other RZR on its side.

wanabe

Monkey
Mar 16, 2007
Anyone get picks? I got stuck having to work and would like fuel for my disdain for those who had all the fun. Oh well, can't wait till I get back up there.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
I've been wanting to make a trip up to windrock for some time now, i've just got a few questions:
1) Can you ride a full suspension xc bike down the easy trails?
2) Is there any way i can rent a dh bike for this event?
3) Anyone coming up from Mississippi or passing through and want to carpool?
Not sure there is an "easy" trail, every trail has something on it to step it up a notch! I'd definitely try to rent a dh bike or borrowing one rather than bringing a xc rig.

Thanks to Doug and the crew for an AWESOME weekend!!! Can't wait to go back!!!:thumb:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Windrock Fall Ride 2010 = Best time I've ever had on a bike

Great crowd, great weather, great trails and injury free!

QFT.
Thanks to everyone who put this on. From Doug to the truck drivers.
This festival is one of the best things on the Southeast DH calendar.
I did 10 runs on Saturday, and left with tired hands and a grinning face.
Best trails ever.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Thanks to:

Cane Creek - Bar mats, headsets, t-shirts, socks, grips
Industry Nine - hubs and free tubes
Race Face - t-shirts, grips, bars, cranks, chainrings, stems, jackets, hoodies
Sicklines - pics, vids, middlemen
Specialized Tires - tires
Geritt Beytagh - tires
Georgia Josh (milohead) truck and trailer
Jimmy and Tyler - Red Bull
Yazoo Brewery - beer
Thomas Gaines - burgers and brew
James "STFD" Smith - trailcrew and trailer
Joey Bag of Doughnuts - trailcrew
Brian Poston - trailcrew
Chris Hepler - Mayor of Oliver Springs
Ben Ramsbottom - driver

And thanks to all that came. You were very generous with buying raffle tickets and fuel money the truck drivers. The weather was great however I wish the trails had a bit more moisture. I haven't seen the trails that dusty too often. I had a great time and wish it was that busy every weekend.

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
Thanx to the top of windmill for cutting my weiner. Time to invest in some riding gear

Other than That Windrock Is Freakin Sweeeeeet!!!!

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Looked like a great turnout- definitely dusty- but the pull of gravity overrode it.Wished I could have made it for the raffle:mad:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Thanks to Doug and crew for having the trails so buff. Thanks Josh for running your truck and thanks to all the fellas that showed up to shred with me.
Man I want to go back again in 2 weeks.

Knoxvillain

Chimp
Apr 10, 2006
A big thanks to the shuttle drivers for the use of their trucks and the trailers. Doug, thanks for reminding why moving to St. Louis was a bit of a mistake.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
cross post from the dh form

So another fun weekend at Windrock. Definitely the driest and busiest i've seen the trails ever. Made for some fast runs.

Best Windrock Fall Festival so far in my opinion. Tons of guys going up and down all day, and some good bike carnage and crash stories to boot.

Some pictures

Raffle about to get underway

Race Face donated some sweet stuff for the raffle including cranks, stems, bars, and more

Cane Creek and Industry 9 also gave out some nice prizes. Industry Nine gave away a hubset of the users choice, Cane Creek had Anglsets / 110 / bar mats / shirts and some socks if my memory serves correctly

All the way from Colorado, a Sol Vista embroidered saddle made its way out here from Steve Wentz I believe.

Some of the new Specialized Tires (Butcher, Hillbilly, etc) were also raffled

If you've got an offroad vehicle, Windrock is the place to be

Two full shuttles were running all day up the mountain. This was taken at the end of the day and they were still packed every run.

Trials Training Cener also gave out some free passes to their park
Geritt threw in some tires
Josh brought his truck again and trailer shuttling people up sat/sun
Jimmy and Tyler thew in Red Bull for everyone
Yazoo Brewery threw in some beer for the raffle
Thomas Gaines donated burgers, dogs, and some beer
The trail crew also did a nice job getting the trails ready for all the riders

Not sure who else but tons of fun! All the raffle money goes to maintaining the Windrock trails that we all love.

Not sure of the exact count on raffle money but there were a lot of tickets purchased!
:rockout:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
The fact alone that all I ate while I was there was capt. Tom's bbq proves that fall fest was awesome. HUGE turnout and the trails were baller as usual. Good to see lots of familiar faces and lots of new ones. Great weekend of beer drinking and riding.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Several guys introduced themselves and it was good to meet people stoked to ride. Throckmorton and the traveling bus, Loo, Neal B making an appearance, The J's from Sicklines, Anne in bummer mode, Karl the gimp, the Braswell toe birdie, PINSON:rockout:, dude on the XC hardtail making it down, Southern Rocks, Matt & Ellen.

Sorry if I didn't do runs with anybody. I decided to just jump the truck and head out first every time in case my wheel gave up the ghost, I'd have time to walk it down. But it held up in the end.

So, did penis tearer have to get stitches? And may I reccomend rocking a chamois if you aren't already for that little extra level of protection. Ouch.

krazydher1

Monkey
Apr 12, 2002
Several guys introduced themselves and it was good to meet people stoked to ride. Throckmorton and the traveling bus, Loo, Neal B making an appearance, The J's from Sicklines, Anne in bummer mode, Karl the gimp, the Braswell toe birdie, PINSON:rockout:, dude on the XC hardtail making it down, Southern Rocks, Matt & Ellen.

Sorry if I didn't do runs with anybody. I decided to just jump the truck and head out first every time in case my wheel gave up the ghost, I'd have time to walk it down. But it held up in the end.

So, did penis tearer have to get stitches? And may I reccomend rocking a chamois if you aren't already for that little extra level of protection. Ouch.
lol i have butterfly stitches, i hate hospitals and doctors so hopefully it heals right haha...

i am ordering a chamois asap, Fox, or TLD??? or any other suggestions?