Quantcast

2011 Intense M9 -vs- 2012 Canfield Jedi -vs- older 2008 Foes DHS 2.1

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Yeah that's the Foes... but yeah, I'd be replacing a few things and cleaning it up. As for the fork, I'd use it for a bit until I got sick of twisting it back straight.

I almost convinced myself of going and picking up an El Cuervo in Vermont. At least that'll be easy to bring back. Then I started thinking of how I would try to reduce the head angle and BB height...etc, and I thought "I'm making this too complicated"... so I'll just look for a Sunday in my neighbourhood when I head back to BC. Not a 'plow' bike but will still work well. Plus it'll be cheap enough that I can call up Craig and get a new rear shock sent out as well as a cartridge for whatever fork is in front.

At least that way I'll have the parts and suspension if another frame comes along that I like down the road.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah that's the Foes... but yeah, I'd be replacing a few things and cleaning it up. As for the fork, I'd use it for a bit until I got sick of twisting it back straight.

I almost convinced myself of going and picking up an El Cuervo in Vermont. At least that'll be easy to bring back. Then I started thinking of how I would try to reduce the head angle and BB height...etc, and I thought "I'm making this too complicated"... so I'll just look for a Sunday in my neighbourhood when I head back to BC. Not a 'plow' bike but will still work well. Plus it'll be cheap enough that I can call up Craig and get a new rear shock sent out as well as a cartridge for whatever fork is in front.

At least that way I'll have the parts and suspension if another frame comes along that I like down the road.
Craig did a dhx 5 for my Sunday absolutely rocked... that shock is back at avalanche getting some tweaks for the pivot phoenix then the rc4 is headed back for a complete redo with his internals for it as well...he's pretty pumped on the rc4 apparently he guts it and changes out just about everything inside....

You will like the Sunday CR, the Jedi is a rocket for sure but the Sunday is no slouch either...

Tried a ccdb on the phoenix, not advised for the design...

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
LOL, having owned one, I agree, but it's worth the ride if you can be bothered to lift it onto the lift/over obstacles.

Then sell it to an ex-hucker and buy a 888 with an avy cart...

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
The curiosity is pushing me a little just to try the fork but I'm probably better off not getting that Foes. Aside from not being able to really reduce the headangle beyond 1 degree with a headset, I'm not too keen on the numerous reports of the lack of small sensitivity of the Curnutt. The weight didn't scare me. The lift access people used to curse at me when they saw me and my Nucleon ST!

There's the option of trimming down the lower end of the Curnutt shock and shortening the spherical bearing mount which would reduce the headangle a bit, but I'd still be left with lack of small bump sensitivity. Hmmm...maybe I'll ask how much he wants for the fork.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
LOL ur silly

best not to hack apart something so rare....MHO having dealt with brooklyns and lawwills and now trying to shorten a stupid Fox air shock...stick with universal, even if you aren't the coolest kid in the lift line.

ps, my avy equipped brooklyn came in around 50-some odd pounds. plenty of dirty looks there, but the nucleon had a rohloff, right?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
oh now... just thinking out loud. I wouldn't go that far.

Yup, Nucleon had the Rohloff. It was a little better once I got a boxxer on there.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I'm not too keen on the numerous reports of the lack of small sensitivity of the Curnutt.

There's the option of trimming down the lower end of the Curnutt shock and shortening the spherical bearing mount which would reduce the headangle a bit, but I'd still be left with lack of small bump sensitivity. Hmmm...maybe I'll ask how much he wants for the fork.
i never felt the coil Curnutt lacked any small bump sensitivity...only the air lacked that. their low leverage ratio helps too

theres not too much room to work with on the bottom of the shock. you could cut down the threaded end but then youd have to weld it or something to reattach it.

with some sort of angleset, you should be able to get the HA to around 63*ish with the stock threaded shock bottom

Last edited: