Quantcast

2011 Plattekill Bike Park's Work and Ride Weekend

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

2011 Plattekill Bike Park's Work and Ride Weekend

WORK/RIDE WEEKEND: Plattekill Bike Park is having the annual volunteer work/ride weekend, April 30 and May1, 2011. It’s for everyone interested in helping get the Plattekill bike trails kicked into shape and getting a chance to ride our world class trails before anyone else.

This is your chance to be one on the first in the east to ride at a bike park. All who help out will get a free Lunch and a delicious BBQ along with a few ......other surprises that Delta House has been working on. This is a fun weekend to meet up with friends you haven’t seen since last season and a chance to get your bike dialed in.

We'll be working on Saturday and riding on Sunday starting at 9am.

Sign in at 9 am Saturday in the base lodge.

You must sign in and work on Saturday to ride on Sunday.

All Saturday workers will ride for free on Sunday and receive a pass for another day of riding at the park.

Camping is free for the work weekend

Season Pass $299
SEASON PASS SPECIAL UNTIL MAY 8, 2011……$240

Plattekill Mountain is the longest operating bike park in the Northeast with
over 60 miles of bike-specific lift accessed trails operating two lifts to
two mountain peaks.
Roxbury, NY (607) 326-3500

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
questions-
1) if we arrive late, can we still participate? If I leave Boston by 5am I should be there by 10, but may not be there by 9. Otherwise I'd have to set up camp at night.

2) Do you have appropriate tools for us tools to use? I don't have a chainsaw (duh) but I also don't really have any rakes or shovels to bring either.

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
questions-
1) if we arrive late, can we still participate? If I leave Boston by 5am I should be there by 10, but may not be there by 9. Otherwise I'd have to set up camp at night.

2) Do you have appropriate tools for us tools to use? I don't have a chainsaw (duh) but I also don't really have any rakes or shovels to bring either.
Check your pm's

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
checked...sounds good. I don't know yet whether I'll be on time or will leave super early on saturday....hopefully I'll just make the evening drive and be there on time. Thanks for the heads up!

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
really bummed that i cant make it. wont be back from colorado till after this happens.

maybe this is the wrong place to ask but has a course been decided on for the Pro GRT?

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Any one coming from the NH way? I need to get a rider his frame.

TMX, nothing at all has changed in you absence. We miss ya !! well except that we leave earlir on Sunday nights now ;-(

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm coming from boston, very likely saturday morning very early. If you can get the frame to my area this evening, I could bring it from there. We may try and leave earlier if magic happens and the stars align.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
....nothing at all has changed in you absence. We miss ya !! well except that we leave earlir on Sunday nights now ;-(
Probably better you're leaving earlier on Sunday's because you're likely also leaving a little less Labatt-filled. Oh wait...now you got the kid driving you can fill up on blue cans all ya like.

Take a fun photo of all your handsome mugs for me, wouldja? And spill the first sip to Porraro. And be safe, driving, cutting, imbibing, fire pitting. And go ahead and laugh your asses off that I don't have lift access for another two months. Rassin' frassin' sonovabeyotch..

Your jealous old friend,
t

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
what a amazing weekend! the weather started out a bit cold Saturday but quickly turned to completely clear skies and 70* weather. despite all the rain they got over the past few weeks, the trails were in awesome shape;no huge puddles, no big rivers and the majority of the main trails were clear. no sticks piled under jumps either :)

and the weather for Sunday was equally as amazing.

awesome riding with great people! :thumb::thumb:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
2nd. Had a great time building and riding. It was fun cutting a few new lines, including one ultra-spooky big boy line. Will be fun to see if anybody hits it.

Only a few bad areas on the mountain...the lower part of the 2009 GES finals course took a beating...that needs some drainage and fillage...

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
sick things worked out for a succesfull workweek end. last year the weather was great on saturday and then it was a little damp on sunday. Can't wait to get out there this coming weekend.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
PICS!?! Preferably including the Plattekooks I miss so very much. And Sammich. lolerz