Quantcast

2011 TLD Gear

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Why can't I find any pink TLD or other jerseys on closeout?!??! I don't even care if it's "womens" if it fits. I got wide hips anyways.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I don't get it?
All the random people who will be wearing it that are nowhere near the fastest (I would be included, if I were to wear that particular jersey) :)

I think it's a strange thing to have printed in big red letters on a jersey, but to each his own.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
jeeez, it's may 2010 and they are showing 2011 gear???? and in september 2010 then 2012 gear????

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
jeeez, it's may 2010 and they are showing 2011 gear???? and in september 2010 then 2012 gear????
have you been following anything that Santa Cruz has been putting out? I think like 3 brand new bikes within the last month or so??

2010 is gonna be a huge break thru year for this industry, trust me its a good thing.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Everyone needs to use the word "colorway" in 2010 because every guy with a part-time Starbucks job and a pirated version of CS3 is a "designer" in 2010.

Last edited:

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
The word colorway has been around for a while. I used to collect sneakers, and that word was used all the time.

As far as how the stuff looks...I don't think TLD's super colorful stuff has ever been my cup of tea. I don't need to call that much attention to my slow ass, haha

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
What's always amazing is that they pump out kit after kit and then one single pair of Black shorts to go with them all. Why no shorts to match the tops, just poofy pants.
Cause matching shorts would ghey it up to a level that has allready been achieved by the matching poof pants and jerseys. There is a "queer eye for the not so straight guy" spoof in here somewhere.

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT
Why can't I find any pink TLD or other jerseys on closeout?!??! I don't even care if it's "womens" if it fits. I got wide hips anyways.
check here.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/8/1/0/0/DEPARTMENT/Dirt-Bike-Motocross-Jerseys-Mens-Riding-Gear.aspx#&&Back=263-0

also, some other colors and models not pointed out by dennis. and they are already for sale. this site releases the moto stuff well before mtn bikers even know about it. in fact, i had purchased the pink tld jersey last year before sam debut it at fort william.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
What's always amazing is that they pump out kit after kit and then one single pair of Black shorts to go with them all. Why no shorts to match the tops, just poofy pants.
You could always get the pants and have them tailored into shorts, pretty sure that's what Stevie Smith does.. I did it with a pair of Royal BMX pants b/c they were wayy too short for me, they came out pretty nice.

John Jameson

Chimp
Nov 12, 2009
Right side of the Sierras
Not generalizing every racer, just a few of the d-bags I run into out here (N* anyone?)... I think its comical that these folks are usually the ones that are quick to judge you for your lack of a cool bike/fork/whatever, while they are rocking the latest and gayest bright pink clown-suits and are more concerned about their appearance than my high school students. Its all about the "look at me culture" that has infested nearly every "extreme" sport. Honestly, I thought it was a breath of fresh air when that slopestyler raced the first WC 4x in a flannel and jeans. Turns out you don't need to look like a stand in for Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart's Club Band to be fast on a bike.

Zaphoid

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
It's Moto gear, some people like wearing it because it is comfortable to ride in and doesn’t tear when you crash. People complaining about others wearing moto stuff is so played out. It has kinda been going on since the early days of Palmer give it a rest already people wear whatever the hell they wanna wear when they go riding. If you don’t wanna rock the new TLD stuff then don’t buy it, but don’t bitch and moan about how much you hate the new stuff, and how super cool you are cause you ride in jeans and a flannel.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Don't think for a second that the dude in jeans and flannel didn't carefully pick his attire...

It's a 'look' in itself. "Look at me- I'm a freerider".

NTTAWWT