Quantcast

2011 Turner DHR!!!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That seems like a useless feature to me. I would be more willing to spend $3K on a frame if it would blow me instead.
Maybe if it did it for cash you could get that 3k$ back pretty fast. Though it may be a pretty niche market.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
What spring rates are you guys running on your DHR's? I put the Fox 350# spring and I'm not quite at the 30% sag level.

Anyone try a 300# and weigh around 160lbs?

Bronco!

Chimp
Nov 14, 2009
Are the DHR shock bolts standard hardware? I can't find any replacement un turner website.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Cool. Thanks.

Anyone know what Vivid tune the DHR needs? I have an A tune here I'd like to run if I could.
There is a thread from DW that gives baseline info and there was a card that came with new DHR's that gave baseline settings to work from. Don't know if it had the Vivid on it.

Got to ride mine at Windrock this weekend for the first time all season. Was reminded that slow, tech 180 turns are best handled with the inside pedal in the UP^ position. :D

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
There is a thread from DW that gives baseline info and there was a card that came with new DHR's that gave baseline settings to work from. Don't know if it had the Vivid on it.

Got to ride mine at Windrock this weekend for the first time all season. Was reminded that slow, tech 180 turns are best handled with the inside pedal in the UP^ position. :D
I bought is used so no card. The guy who built it separated his shoulder after building it and only ever rode it down the street. There's not a scratch on it.

I sent DW a tweet he hasn't tested the Vivid on it, but Tyler Morland has. I'll see what he says.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I bought is used so no card. The guy who built it separated his shoulder after building it and only ever rode it down the street. There's not a scratch on it.

I sent DW a tweet he hasn't tested the Vivid on it, but Tyler Morland has. I'll see what he says.
kidwoo, local forum pro, has been riding his with a vivid air. He's mostly literate, and has a purty tongue, and rides pretty quick too. Might be worth asking him as well.

Mark

Chimp
Oct 8, 2001
England
Hi,

Does anyone have a good base setting for a CCDB coil?

I've just picked one up second-hand.

Many thanks

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
The swing link needs machining for a Vivid?

I installed mine with the DSP Ti spring and it doesn't seem to bind or rub on anything...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The swing link needs machining for a Vivid?

I installed mine with the DSP Ti spring and it doesn't seem to bind or rub on anything...

Yeah sorry......I meant vivid air.

there were a bunch of whiners complaining about the coils being too close but obviously yours is working....

If there's nothing touching, it's not likely to be a problem. Those links shouldn't flex too much, they're friggin burly.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Hi,

Does anyone have a good base setting for a CCDB coil?

I've just picked one up second-hand.

Many thanks
I started with the settings Malcolm at Cane Creek provided, and fine tuned from there. I weigh 195 lbs w/o gear; I've got a CC Ti 400 lb spring on there. running:

LSC = 16
LSR = 16
HSC = 1
HSR = 1.5

Still doesn't quite have the pop a hack like me needs on the doubles, so I may adjust some more when the snow melts.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
btw here's the base tune Malcolm sent me:

Turn Adjusters clockwise

LSC = 12-15 clicks in
LSR = 13-17 clicks
HSC = 1.0 - 1.5 turns
HSR = 1.5 – 2.5 turns

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
any settings info for the ELKA stage 5?
I'm 72kg
suposed to run a 300# spring, but I like more the feel and highet of the 350# spring
my settings are:
Low speed compression = Full in minus 8 clics
High speed compression = Full in minus 11 clics
Rebound = Full in minus 11 clics

I really can feel the diferent VS the stock RC4
it feels better even from an RC4 with a 350# TI spring (with the recomended settings)
I wonder if a TI spring will make it even better/butter :)

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
If any of you guys get screwed (like I did) for a rear axle that doesn't work with Hope hubs; axles from an 07/08 Norco team DH will work. I borrowed the one off my gf's bike to ride this weekend.

Hopefully when I send the one I bought back to the distributor I can just deal with Turner direct.

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
Ya, kinda sucks about the stock stepped axle. A quick call to Turner and they'll set you up with a normal axle for cheap.