Quantcast

2011 World Championships: Champery

olie

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Newcastle, Uk
What a run by Hart! Seriously amazing, don't have any words to describe what he has just put down! For someone to put that much time into the rest at world champs is out of this world!!! Seriously unbelievable! Congrats mr hart!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
holy sh1t that was nutty. Fycking crazy run, huge whip, so rad! and gwins run was on pace too, I couldn't believe he was ALSO on a run to take 10 seconds out of the field, wtf why are they so much better?!

that was awesome by hart, and he couldn't have picked a better place to win his first elite WC.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
why do the swiss use grandmothers instead of young women for the podium ceremony?

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
focus is on hart obviously but congrats to spagnolo and blenki as well.
Absolutely!!

:thumb:

I hope those assholes who were raving "Blenki lost a step... his Lapierre bike sux blah blah blah blah blah" will have learned to shut their mouths.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Pretty solid run from hill aswell considering he hasnt ridden his dh bike in a few months while everbody else were coming into champery on fire from VDS.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Fvcking EPIC!

Danny Hart - please don't get all sam hill fat now on us over the winter.
:rolleyes:

Seriously?

Are we back to this again?

Clearly, you must've been watching a different race because this "fat" guy just pulled a 6th place ahead of Gee, Greg, Gwin, etc. on the hardest track on the WC circuit and in the worst conditions--short of a hurricane--possible.

Can we please drop the "Sam Hill is fat and slow" thing because it's obviously not much of an issue?

Jus' sayin'.......

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
As much as everyone is giving it to hart, he was on another level

for the mear mortals champion something has to be said about Spagnolo. what a run. He held that seat forever and training under barel is clearly shining though. He knew what to do in every corner and going in and out of every line. When he was standing waiting to get on the podium Danny had the bewilderment of what he had just done and Blenki looked disappointed in himself for 3rd... But you couldnt have wiped the smile off Damian Spagnolo's face with a 120 grit sandpaper covered maul. Total pro and glad after his last few years of coming close to the top to see him come out on top like that.

Congrats to Hart, Brossy, Emmeline and Manon

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
As much as everyone is giving it to hart, he was on another level

for the mear mortals champion something has to be said about Spagnolo. what a run. He held that seat forever and training under barel is clearly shining though. He knew what to do in every corner and going in and out of every line. When he was standing waiting to get on the podium Danny had the bewilderment of what he had just done and Blenki looked disappointed in himself for 3rd... But you couldnt have wiped the smile off Damian Spagnolo's face with a 120 grit sandpaper covered maul. Total pro and glad after his last few years of coming close to the top to see him come out on top like that.

Congrats to Hart, Brossy, Emmeline and Manon
Well said.. also Pascal, that must be his best result in years! i think its maybe the whole french camp had something up their sleves.

Its funny how all the winning margins were 10+ secs

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
and thanks to freecaster for another amazing feed - can't wait for the dvd.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
most epic run I've ever seen! The five of us (in the room) couldnt believe what we were seeing, no one realized how fast he was going untill the first split, it was crazy!!! Sucks for Gwin, he fell in a really awkard place, he could have had it to!

toowacky

Monkey
Feb 20, 2010
Pac NW
Hart whip via Tri-Ride:

"Just before the finish, with a plot that threatens to cause loss of control even if it only goes straight, Heart finds time to make an exhibition with a whip there where no one would now dare to race."

lol

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
and officially, Sam Hill did beat Gwin.. hahaha Flame on 8ters ;)

but as others have said: fantastic worlds. Feed from freecaster was simply superb. zero glitches, which give world cup coverage, was out of this world. way2go Freecaster, and cheers till what, 4 years hence?? maybe?

Gee Atherton: Annus Horribilus. on to 2012 G-man!

But it's back to the drawing board for everyone re the world cup being gwin-ified. Can't wait for the first race next year.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If he was on a stock Glory with zero mods to the angles (like, no angleset), then maybe.
There were no mods. He rides a slacker proto ;) TBH giant team used anglesets and other tricks to steepen their bikes for a long time (remember Reid rewelding his ATX?).

As for Hart and Gwin being on another level. I think such insanely steep and muddy track in Champery is much more dependant on confidence than anything we have seen this year. They both claimed to be a bit suprised with how good their results were this year so their confidence probably pretty high.

Too bad some of the better technical riders were injured. Brendog, Hill , Blenki (I know he wasnt injured at the time of the race but the injury wasnt long ago). Could have been more interesting.

Im super stoked for Hart. Now he needs to put some training in the winter and he can rock next year. Imagine him under someone like Tomac, Barel or Nico.

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
im still amazed at barels result, broken ribs and a 10th on that track ??

thats going out in style..!

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I got back super late last night and slept in. Is there a video anywhere especially of Harts run?

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Im super stoked for Hart. Now he needs to put some training in the winter and he can rock next year. Imagine him under someone like Tomac, Barel or Nico.
Training? no way man, he just needs a smoke pre-racerun to get take the edge off.... the Giant/Marboro team for 2012! truly smoking the competition

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
damn, he came so close to sliding out a few turns before the wooden bridge.

someone on FB posted the video but not sure if i can link it