Quantcast

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
Track is probably living hell for most riders. Good to watch, but I have no wish to ride that beast. I was there for Eupean champs (not riding) and it was rough. It must be at least twice as rough.The best will "live", less prepared will suffer

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Track is probably living hell for most riders. Good to watch, but I have no wish to ride that beast. I was there for Eupean champs (not riding) and it was rough. It must be at least twice as rough.The best will "live", less prepared will suffer
This is what blows me away about Dan's commentary - to be composed enough to be able to speak and crack jokes... I'd be crapping my self the whole way and 100% concentration on not breaking my arms/legs/gonads. :eek:

Perhaps there is a difference in skill level? :rolleyes:

MPORA Editor

Chimp
Mar 25, 2011
London
I understand where you're coming from Ronan but it's by running ads on videos that we can afford to send DirtTV all over the world producing videos like this. Without them there'd be no DirtTV. Unlike youtube you can at least click off these.

On a different note, how gnarly does that track look! Would love to see Danny Hart do well here.

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Agreed with what was said previously - Stanny did a great job with the real-time helmet cam commentary. It's difficult enough as it is to ride a track like Val de Sol let alone comment on what you are doing as you are doing it the whole way down... cracked up a bit when he got distracted by his own commentary and got off line a bit "aaannnd took the wrong line on that one"... that would pretty much be my entire commentary mixed with lots of screaming and "omiGodomiGodomiGod...." LoL.

The course looks REALLY nasty in those last few turns before it breaks out into the open near the finish... super steep and tight. Should be interesting when it rains.

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
maybe i've been under a rock... hill racing?
brodog, haven't you heard, specialized is testing a new bike for worlds with him, he's at champery already with fake glasses/eyebrows/mustache so nobody recognizes him so he can preride/test the new carbon demo which has been repainted to look like an old clapped out trek y bike. He's gonna have several weeks of practice at champery and be used to the new bike. And nobody is gonna recognize him with those giant fake eyebrows.

Pay attention, and you can find all your answers on the interwebz

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
i keep getting distracted trying to collect my free ipads and helping nigerian princes collecting their inheritance
youre a good man, I too just deposited 7235.17 in one from eithopia to help him escape persecution. Once he gets to the US he's going to give me 150 grand, so I think it'll be a good investment.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
remember when everybody was talking about how "once steve smith can figure out how to stay on the bike, he'll be a regular on the podium"?

I think he figured out how to stay on the bike. He and hart are my two favorite up and comers now that gwin is so mainstream and last years news.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Weird that not only are Peat and Minnaar way off the back, but same for Riff, Hannah, and Blenki. Not that they're always top 20, but usually they're in that mix.

I was going to theorize they're trying to position themselves in case it rains, but the forecast looks dry and hot.

Anyway, props to the young guns!

weedkilla

Monkey
Jul 6, 2008
damn Troy is a fast little bastard. Does he have the juniors wrapped up completely?
At the start of Val di Sole he was 220 points in front of Neko Mullaly, there is 250 points available for the win in qualis and the race. Not sure if TB's quali result has made it technically impossible or not.

On another note, Will Rischbieth in 30th, Connor Fearon on 49th, 3 Adelaide lads in the top 50!!!!

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Weird that not only are Peat and Minnaar way off the back, but same for Riff, Hannah, and Blenki. Not that they're always top 20, but usually they're in that mix.

I was going to theorize they're trying to position themselves in case it rains, but the forecast looks dry and hot.

Anyway, props to the young guns!
It looks like Riffle went down with a 1st split of 156. Hannah hasn't been the same since his crash in South Africa and I would think Sam's knee is still not 100% after last race.

Idahoo

Chimp
Apr 21, 2009
It looks like Riffle went down with a 1st split of 156. Hannah hasn't been the same since his crash in South Africa and I would think Sam's knee is still not 100% after last race.
Yeah, Hannah this season has been a bit disappointing. Just not able to find his rhythm after a great qual. in South Africa. I sure hope he finds his mojo next season!