Quantcast

2012 team rumour and speculation

Greg

Chimp
Apr 27, 2011
Norway
Robin Wallner (Sweden) is on Intense. They have a team with 3 riders I think. I know they are nothing big but Wallner is a great rider.

[video]http://video.mpora.com/watch/a5ecIAmDO/[/video]

Last edited:

san_andreas

Chimp
Dec 16, 2010
@norbar:
The "Ghost Factory Racing Team" is one of the two Elite Status teams in MTB Racing. The other one ist Trek Racing.
Marcus Klausmann and Johannes Fischbach will be racing the DH Worldcup season.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So he is the German dh champion? Someone finally has beaten Marcus? I'm really surprised that for such a populated country you have no big dh results.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Yes. And he hasn't actually beaten Marcus. Marcus got injured during practice or seeding and couldn't race.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i can't be bothered to check who the new bike sponsors are, but aren't Fionn and Ragot on Intense also? That would mean Intense has a world championship winning bike...

Greg

Chimp
Apr 27, 2011
Norway
i can't be bothered to check who the new bike sponsors are, but aren't Fionn and Ragot on Intense also? That would mean Intense has a world championship winning bike...
I think Ragot is on MS Mondraker team for the 2012 season

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
so anybody else wonder if the fact that the trek team is running trek tires instead of maxxis will fyck them over and gwin will have a sh1tty season, or if trek will actually put out a real MTB tire instead?

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
so anybody else wonder if the fact that the trek team is running trek tires instead of maxxis will fyck them over and gwin will have a sh1tty season, or if trek will actually put out a real MTB tire instead?
A real MTB tire? Come on now. Have you even ridden Bontrager's new DH tires? They are great.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
have either of you ridden them? I'm only going by the sh1tty sidewalls/rubber compounds the old ones used and how I got lots of pinch flats on their old ones. Did they finally put something out worth riding? The price on them is pretty solid and they have a good guarantee.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
have either of you ridden them? I'm only going by the sh1tty sidewalls/rubber compounds the old ones used and how I got lots of pinch flats on their old ones. Did they finally put something out worth riding? The price on them is pretty solid and they have a good guarantee.
I talked to Neko at a local race about the tires and he said he prefered the new Bontrager tires to Minions and Highrollers. He said they were better in almost every way.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
They're a pretty big development team actually. They've been around for a long time, and are pretty close to the ancillotti team that Wyn used to be on.
wow, i never heard of them until now. what are they riding on? ancilotti's? he seems to be bouncing around the past few years

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
Been on the new G4 for several months, and I also prefer it to the Minion.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
right, now what does it have to do with biking?
zero as far as i'm concerned. not sure why or if peaty is really trying to get a team banned from a race but i guess if he is he's obviously got a sore spot for that conflict.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
@Team Rumors #1

But besides that you had to figure it was coming. Last season Red Bull put out a series of retrospective videos on the WC series in which Gwinn featured prominently despite being a non-Red Bull athlete; not exactly typical for them. And considering they haven't had a legit American male DH athlete since Shaums March it was due time.

In other caffeine drink news, it looks like Danny Hart signed with Rockstar.