Quantcast

2015 Racing Rumours - MTB Musical Chairs

aev

Chimp
Jun 10, 2014
cedric gracia is French/andorran, actually lives in Andorra..

the new "spanish" from intense is Bernat Guardia,

still with the same opinion, hart goes to mondraker, unless they changed the opinion.

Gwin is racing KTM but only for Moto, KTM gave some motos to he.

p.d you have to see Intense here in Catalonia, it seems that they have to much bikes in stock, they are sponsoring a lot of people here haha

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I wonder if the Commencal/Riding Addiction thing was a one-off one year deal? His write-up leads to a bit of confusion when he says he's been on big teams, and knows all the little things they do that allow riders to reach their full potential. Either the CRA team wasn't up to his standards, or they were only bailing him out for a year and couldn't afford him for two.

Not that it really matters because it sounds like his decision is made. Which is too bad, caus' I really liked his style and attitude. I'm hoping he pulls a Hannah-esque return in a year or two.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
PMB Edition? But while I think you're right, it does look like it has a pretty slack seat tube angle. May just be the angle of the picture, but it seems slacker than a SB6C.
A - looks slack because it's been jacked up with a DH fork

B - it was confirmed by graves himself that it's not a DH bike.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Official news about Bryn Atkinson and Jill Kintner. They're sticking with Norco, but looks like a scaled-back program consisting mostly of North American events.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Jill Kintner & Bryn Atkinson Continue Partnership with Norco Bicycles

VANCOUVER, B.C., November 24, 2014 - Norco Bicycles is thrilled to announce the continuation of our partnership with mountain bike athletes Jill Kintner and Bryn Atkinson. Both riders have successfully led Team Norco International on the UCI World Cup downhill series for the past 3 years, and for 2015 Norco will sponsor their program to promote the sport and events outside of World Cup racing. They will compete primarily in North American gravity events to include; the Pro GRT series in the US, Sea Otter Classic, Crankworx BC/NZ, The Colorado Freeride Festival, select US Enduros, and create video productions closely tied with their sponsors. As deeply passionate and committed athletes, Bryn and Jill will also coach instructional skills camps in the Pacific North West to give back to their community and mentor the next generation of up and coming riders.

Jill and Bryn are valued members of the Norco family. "Since 2012 the couple have been a pleasure to work with here at Norco. It goes without saying that our bikes are better because of them," says Norco Team Coordinator Jonathan Duncan. "The exposure and results they bring to the table are of great value to our Norco brand, and we are very pleased to be able to continue working together."

Bryn and Jill had this to say "We're excited about the direction we are headed and the changes in our program - now we have the freedom to do the events that provide the most impact. Racing, filming, photo shoots, festivals, trade shows, and other special projects will keep us busier than ever! Norco is a great company with an awesome line of bikes and we couldn't be happier to continue riding for them!"

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Official news about Bryn Atkinson and Jill Kintner. They're sticking with Norco, but looks like a scaled-back program consisting mostly of North American events.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Jill Kintner & Bryn Atkinson Continue Partnership with Norco Bicycles

VANCOUVER, B.C., November 24, 2014 - Norco Bicycles is thrilled to announce the continuation of our partnership with mountain bike athletes Jill Kintner and Bryn Atkinson. Both riders have successfully led Team Norco International on the UCI World Cup downhill series for the past 3 years, and for 2015 Norco will sponsor their program to promote the sport and events outside of World Cup racing. They will compete primarily in North American gravity events to include; the Pro GRT series in the US, Sea Otter Classic, Crankworx BC/NZ, The Colorado Freeride Festival, select US Enduros, and create video productions closely tied with their sponsors. As deeply passionate and committed athletes, Bryn and Jill will also coach instructional skills camps in the Pacific North West to give back to their community and mentor the next generation of up and coming riders.

Jill and Bryn are valued members of the Norco family. "Since 2012 the couple have been a pleasure to work with here at Norco. It goes without saying that our bikes are better because of them," says Norco Team Coordinator Jonathan Duncan. "The exposure and results they bring to the table are of great value to our Norco brand, and we are very pleased to be able to continue working together."

Bryn and Jill had this to say "We're excited about the direction we are headed and the changes in our program - now we have the freedom to do the events that provide the most impact. Racing, filming, photo shoots, festivals, trade shows, and other special projects will keep us busier than ever! Norco is a great company with an awesome line of bikes and we couldn't be happier to continue riding for them!"

And the enduro budget cuts set in...this just in, NORCO to enter a 15 person team into the EWS this year. I expect to see more of this over the next few years until we all get bored with enduro and realize DH is cooler, then the swing back will begin.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Not surprised about Kintner, when I rode the chair up with her at Windham she made it pretty obvious that the cost to compete vs the prize money for her was very difficult to justify.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
but it was rambo dude (who is he?) who has no line drawn to any of the teams,

* nice read from the 'horse's" mouth....... Hehehe.

what bike is Cole talking about,, hope its not lahar bikes..
"I have partnered with one of New Zealand’s leading bike brands"..

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
but it was rambo dude (who is he?) who has no line drawn to any of the teams,

* nice read from the 'horse's" mouth....... Hehehe.

what bike is Cole talking about,, hope its not lahar bikes..
"I have partnered with one of New Zealand’s leading bike brands"..
Zerode comes to mind...

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
the new "spanish" from intense is Bernat Guardia,
That dude Bernat has been staying in my town for the last few weeks and has been slaying the local trails racking up koms..dudes a beast on the climbs...my afterwork ride is 9 miles with 1800ft of climbing...I had one of the fastest times with a 57min flat which is all out on the climb and a near flawless descent..he dropped that by 5min on his third attempt..

Ive managed to hold him off on the all downhill parts of that trail for the time being but I have a feeling that wont last...watching some videos of him online absolutely killing it makes me feel a little better haha

I had never heard of him before when I saw his times figured he was on an ebike or something...the next morning there was a video of him dicing with lopes on pinkbike which was kinda ironic..

There's a big backcountry descent that's about 3500ft..On his second attempt he dropped my buddies who race pro enduro and I by 3min on a 17min run..dudes gnarly...allot of the times he's smashed were dudes that raced wc or ews too..guys a badass
laugh if you will but kids take their strava serious around here

Last edited:

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
^^ LOL

Anybody who can qualify for a WC consistently need not be on Strava.
You would think so but obviously you haven't seen who uses it...I guess they just enjoy crushing the dreams of regular dudes who have to sit behind a desk 40hrs a week...

Last edited:

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
I have. The list is remarkably similar to my 'dork list of people I don't ever want to hang out with'
Bro, you know you'd love to chill with Lance Armstrong and Lopes...they could give you tips on interpreting your heart rate data

DMdh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2011
Galicia
An spanish mtb magazine is out with photos of the presentation of danny hart and emeline ragot with mondraker and a new carbon summum

aev

Chimp
Jun 10, 2014
So wait Hart goes to ride a bike he doesn't like?

It may be a good "weapon" for Giant but it doesn't seem to be returning results on the WC circuit as a whole.
Well, looks like the bird who told me about Hart and the Carbon summum isn't wrong eh?:happydance:
That dude Bernat has been staying in my town for the last few weeks and has been slaying the local trails racking up koms..dudes a beast on the climbs...my afterwork ride is 9 miles with 1800ft of climbing...I had one of the fastest times with a 57min flat which is all out on the climb and a near flawless descent..he dropped that by 5min on his third attempt..

Ive managed to hold him off on the all downhill parts of that trail for the time being but I have a feeling that wont last...watching some videos of him online absolutely killing it makes me feel a little better haha

I had never heard of him before when I saw his times figured he was on an ebike or something...the next morning there was a video of him dicing with lopes on pinkbike which was kinda ironic..

There's a big backcountry descent that's about 3500ft..On his second attempt he dropped my buddies who race pro enduro and I by 3min on a 17min run..dudes gnarly...allot of the times he's smashed were dudes that raced wc or ews too..guys a badass
laugh if you will but kids take their strava serious around here
hahaha he is strong like a oak, but you have to keep an eye with Alex Marin , the new from Giant, really young and fast.

Last edited: