Quantcast

2018 5/18-20 DirtFest PA

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Who was there 2 years ago? how funny was all that rain? looks like a repeat...

This is the first year in 5 or so I will not be there, if you see the guys on the Ibis boat below the dirt rag HQ throw beer at them for me. I was supposed to be on that thing.

tekin112000

Chimp
Feb 10, 2009
Super trails too bad they were slop for Saturday.

I got up at 7Am Sunday damp and foggy then the rain started, I got discouraged and left, never rode

I will come back another time, would love to ride the trails in good condition

I stayed down the road in Huntingdon only 20 min from the registration area, small motels, cheap eats available

Not sure if I will do Dirtfest again. It's not that it's bad. It's just that unless you want bike demos it doesn't offer much for the price.

Having said that I am going to the next one in WV July 13-15, so I will give the concept another chance

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
All in all, the weather could have been worse. Given what they called for, I think we made out great. Obviously we picked up a sponsorship after Green Flash bailed. Hope you all got a beer or 5 Saturday night.
Agreed. The trails were generally pretty fun.

Our group mostly stayed on the trails over on the 7 Points side, where there was.much less traffic and mud.

Happy hour on Saturday made the ride back to our campsite at the Points campground d........interesting to say the least. :rofl:

tekin112000

Chimp
Feb 10, 2009
Anyone gonna try Dirtfest WV?

I live near DC so for me the ride is about the same PA or VW

It's in the middle of July so it will be hotter that five rats fawkin in a wool sock but I'm goin

I am gonna give this whole Dirtfest thing a second try

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Anyone gonna try Dirtfest WV?

I live near DC so for me the ride is about the same PA or VW

It's in the middle of July so it will be hotter that five rats fawkin in a wool sock but I'm goin

I am gonna give this whole Dirtfest thing a second try
Do it. Get the most value by staying in site.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Not sure if I will do Dirtfest again. It's not that it's bad. It's just that unless you want bike demos it doesn't offer much for the price.
It helps if you're staying on site:
Live music with free beer and pizza Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights, free beer festival on Saturday, 3 free beer sampling events (often with brewery employees, in our case, myself and my 2 R&D brewers), free skills clinics, free swag from nearly every vendor, multiple gear clinics hosted by REI, SRAM, Stan's, etc, several happy hours across the vendor area, a night sky event with the Director of the Neil Armstrong Planetarium, industry lead group rides, etc...

tekin112000

Chimp
Feb 10, 2009
Maybe I was at the wrong place at the wrong time, I din't see much at 2PM

You are drawing me in BikeGeek

Free food and beer is tough to beat