Quantcast

2024 racing thread

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I thought Gwin had a financial interest in Intense. Was that not part of his comp or am I going totally brain dead?

If that was the case, I figured they would do a Commencal and have an Intense/ Whoever team in addition to the "Factory" team.

Guess I need to pay better attention. :disgust1: :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I thought Gwin had a financial interest in Intense. Was that not part of his comp or am I going totally brain dead?

If that was the case, I figured they would do a Commencal and have an Intense/ Whoever team in addition to the "Factory" team.

Guess I need to pay better attention. :disgust1: :rofl:
sold it or was bought out.

chatter on vital of gwin to yeti, but i'm skeptical. doubt they have the $$ to add him to the factory team.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Speculation or you think there's good reason to believe that? Would be interesting, just seems like the rumors point to Frameworks adding Angel Suarez and it's hard to imagine that they'd have the capacity for anyone else.
I've heard that from a few different sources so I'd wager there's some truth to it. Gwin has a record of getting in with the smaller component mobs and bringing them up with some return on their growth so wonder if thats his plan with Frameworks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've heard that from a few different sources so I'd wager there's some truth to it. Gwin has a record of getting in with the smaller component mobs and bringing them up with some return on their growth so wonder if thats his plan with Frameworks.

I doubt Frameworks has the $$$ to run an OEM team, and unlikely able to pay top riders, but someone like Gwinn could attract a larger corporate lead sponsor to fund it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
To be fair, he's been injured for a good portion of that time.

And some like Amaury and others have absolutely dominated.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Pepperidge Farm remembers Mt St Anne 2017
What a Race that was. Probably Top 3 of All Time! In Fact he has at least 3 of those,that left Everyone with their mouth open. Only the Alien can compete on that Level. Don’t come at me with Sam at Champrey. Danny said,hold my beer bitch! And nobody ever smoked the pack by more time than Gwin. Nor has anyone won 5 out of 9 in a season.

You all seem to think Greg,who is older than Gwin,can crank off a few wins as an old Man,but Gwin cannot? I am not of that opinion. It always confused me when Americans talk shit and say,when was his last win Avy? Even when he was winning there was no Love. Only young kids growing up.

Bitch,when was your last win? Or BullDog,or Kerr,orTroy?

Last,I am now convinced that Greg’s record will not be Broken,save for Gwin In my Lifetime. I felt that way Before the new format,now there is no way. They fucked it all up. It ain’t fair if you ask me. The riders can not peak. The record could have been broken,just not in my lifetime. Now it seems impossible tome.

Suspect,this was in no way about you or you’re opinion,I am just speaking to all.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Kovarik is coming to kick yo ass
Word Gary! Fabian on a GT DHI at Mammoth CA fucking Woooed the pack by 10 Seconds,yes Sir,right in there. 9.83,but I remember 10 Seconds? Have to look it up?

Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Word Gary! Fabian on a GT DHI at Mammoth CA fucking Woooed the pack by 10 Seconds,yes Sir,right in there. 9.83,but I remember 10 Seconds? Have to look it up?

Avy
I think you might need to upgrade your abacus to one with two rows and give your Gwin tinted spectacles a wipe

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Avy

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I was listening to Santa Cruz’s « The Roller Door » podcast and the host started off by talking about Greg on Norco. Visibly, it irritated them quite a bit when Greg said that he was amazed by the engineering team at Norco.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
toodles,I’m gona take a picture of a picture I have had on my toolbox,2actually,of Chris from fuck? Very old. He is just a Pup In them. What year did he start with Intense? They are not action shots,just in the pits. I thought he was as cool as they come,always have. Great memory on the link,Thank You.

Avy

Tobe young again. Hope you like um.

Attachments

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I was listening to Santa Cruz’s « The Roller Door » podcast and the host started off by talking about Greg on Norco. Visibly, it irritated them quite a bit when Greg said that he was amazed by the engineering team at Norco.
Do you think Greg was Honest,or playin the role? What is on that Bike to amaze him?

I am with Westy on this Norco matter,I think he is going to complain about the Bike. Time will tell.

Avy

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I feel that he genuinely likes the bike, but the way he talks about Norco vs his previous experiences is clearly a middle finger at Santa Cruz. I’m not sure he loves the bike that much, and Santa Cruz obviously have a good engineering team too, so in my opinion I feel he is bitter about last year in the Syndicate.

it makes for an entertaining off season, adds a bit of fuel to the fire, and I’m sure he will be one to watch this year because I feel he’s going to want to make his point and be a fierce competitor.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I feel that he genuinely likes the bike, but the way he talks about Norco vs his previous experiences is clearly a middle finger at Santa Cruz. I’m not sure he loves the bike that much, and Santa Cruz obviously have a good engineering team too, so in my opinion I feel he is bitter about last year in the Syndicate.

it makes for an entertaining off season, adds a bit of fuel to the fire, and I’m sure he will be one to watch this year because I feel he’s going to want to make his point and be a fierce competitor.
If he gets better results than last year, win for Norco. If he performs similar or worse, then their bikes are just as good or bad as SC's. Not sure their marketing department will be able spin that in a good way.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
And if Greg fails to qualify or make the main in 50% of the races?

Interesting move for Norco after laying off a large percentage of their workforce. Betting hard on the "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" strategy.

Ol' Goaty is no idiot when it comes to contract negotiations, I bet he has something in there tied to DH bike sales numbers. We'll see....

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Greg’s spiel in Norco engineering team is a bit nauseating now that he’s repeated it rote across multiple platforms.

His suggestion that the norco team is special because it has engineers coming from motorsport - that’s pretty much every bicycle engineering team. Very few engineers are going into the super niche area of downhill bicycle racing without experience elsewhere first. Right?!