Quantcast

2024 WC calendar

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
so we're losing an event (8 to 7 races)? and edr is down to 6 races. time for those boys to get day jobs, i guess.

new track in poland tho.

aaand hey, nice 2 month summer break.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
yeah, that's crazy. interesting podcast w/ wyn masters on pb - lamenting the recent changes that have effectively killed enduro for him. the sport peaked back when there were (more) muti day events, in a diverse selection of countries / new venues. things have been spiraling downhill since. if support for (full time) pro riders wasn't tenuous enough before, justifying paying living salaries & supporting a team for 6 events with shit media coverage is going to get that much tougher.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Fingers crossed the rumours of RedBull's global Hardline series lead somewhere. Fucken UCI.

Also someone needs to make the EWS from 2016-18 happen again. The current EDR situation is dire

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Thread just reminded me to cancel my gcn sub.
Only two 2 month subs to pay next year

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
really opening the door for a rival series to actually hit the ground running.
an uphill battle to lure top pros away from the prestige of the WC series though. ie, even with dialed organization, much better payout, rob warner & co. coverage, crankworks still has difficulty pulling big names.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
an uphill battle to lure top pros away from the prestige of the WC series though. ie, even with dialed organization, much better payout, rob warner & co. coverage, crankworks still has difficulty pulling big names.
Perhaps because of the king/queen of crankworx? I'm sure they don't want to spread themselves too thin, to try and take it.

The DH racing alone at Crankworx seems disjointed, unless you're going for that overall winner title and payout.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Well crap. Running out of fucks to give.

And I love racing. But...whatever. Do what you want UCI. Thanks for coming out.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
GUUYYSSS! They are GROWING the sport!! You can't see or feel it yet, but it's going to be soooo awesome soon! You and me will go on rides that will be so much more fun and we'll have so much more fun watching the 3 DH races with 5 racers in a few years!

Rich fuckers in suits with eyes for money only are destroying everything nice on this planet/society.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Schedule is out. No DH at Lake Placid. New DH venue in Poland.
Wait what? I knew they were trying to get an EDR but not DH? The track is supposedly being built RN. It's really the next town over to BIelsko but still good.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Thread just reminded me to cancel my gcn sub.
Only two 2 month subs to pay next year
this reminds me, did you ever figure out why your account would work on your phone, but not a computer?

I couldn't figure it out. I couldn't log in to my account from my laptop. Could only log in on my phone and cast to my TV. but there were times I was traveling and wanted to watch on my laptop but it was a no-go.

Hopefully they get that shit sorted out too.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
this reminds me, did you ever figure out why your account would work on your phone, but not a computer?
No. And neither did the useless cunts at GCN. Have subbed and unsubbed since and still can't log in to their shitty website with the account I paid for and same log in details which work on the android and chromecast apps. Wankers wouldn't even consider any sort of refund/comp.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
No. And neither did the useless cunts at GCN. Have subbed and unsubbed since and still can't log in to their shitty website with the account I paid for and same log in details which work on the android and chromecast apps. Wankers wouldn't even consider any sort of refund/comp.
HBO customer support is the same so it's a company wide thing where they shit on customer support. I had an error on my account where multiple films would not play and they said "well you should wait for "we don't know how long".

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
wc party @ norbar‘s confirmed!
Well I live 350km from the track so that might be difficult but the GF just booked an apartment in Szczyrk for May since they are dissapearing fast. If any yuromonkeys come it would be great to have a beer.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
CC chargeback - fuck them.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
This year was a few bucks more to subscribe for the whole year , hopefully I'll be able to sneek in the first race of 2024 before my subscription runs out because I won't pay those MF next year if the "pirate" stream is still online.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
CC chargeback - fuck them.
It's paid to Google play.
Ie. A third party.
Plus. Being only £3.99 per month it cost the price of 2 pints of lager to watch the entire WC series. So hardly worth contacting the bank about. MOAR about their shitty attitude to customer care.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Well I live 350km from the track so that might be difficult but the GF just booked an apartment in Szczyrk for May since they are dissapearing fast. If any yuromonkeys come it would be great to have a beer.
Just one?

And is there a hot tub time machine?

:D

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
It's paid to Google play.
Ie. A third party.
Plus. Being only £3.99 per month it cost the price of 2 pints of lager to watch the entire WC series. So hardly worth contacting the bank about. MOAR about their shitty attitude to customer care.
Exactly this. Probably the annoyance and lost time is worth more than the cost.

Just one?

And is there a hot tub time machine?

:D
I mean I can always try to ask friends about Polish moonshine but the last time I drank it I slept for 24h