Quantcast

24/12 Hours of Pats Peak

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
MMcG said:
I was hoping that you might want to partner up as a two man team for the 12 hours bill......
Thank you for the vote of confidence Mark. Sorry, I'm just not put together right for that kind of activity.

You could always sign up for the race and just go as far as you feel confortable. You never know until you try.

I'm thinking Chinese for the post ride feast. Not greasy amero-chinese but real rural China light fare. Thoughts?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
did you see the charge for camping? I wonder how it works for solo's? like can solo riders share a site?

On-Site Camping: $30.00 per team (includes up to two tents or one motor home)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
did you see the charge for camping? I wonder how it works for solo's? like can solo riders share a site?

I saw that and wondered the same thing. My guess is up to 4 solos could share a site with 2 people per tent. I am seriously planning on doing the 12 hour solo and wouldn't mind sharing a site with some other :monkey: s

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:

My in laws Live 20 minutes away , I'm just going to stay there !

or you could always just sleep in your car in the parking lot.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Douglas -

Thanks for your inquiries regarding the upcoming 24/12 hours of Pats Peak. To answer your
questions:

Yes, you may share a camp site with another solo rider(s)!! The limit is one motor home or two
tents per camp site.

Yes, the solo riders have a separate camping area, closest to the course for easy and quick
pit stops!!

Let us know if you have any other questions!! We hope to see you in July!

Suzanne
Pats Peak

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
Douglas -

Thanks for your inquiries regarding the upcoming 24/12 hours of Pats Peak. To answer your
questions:

Yes, you may share a camp site with another solo rider(s)!! The limit is one motor home or two
tents per camp site.

Yes, the solo riders have a separate camping area, closest to the course for easy and quick
pit stops!!

Let us know if you have any other questions!! We hope to see you in July!

Suzanne
Pats Peak
Nice! Thanks for figuring that all out.

So, who's racing?

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
I have my camper set up at Keyser Pond Campground with my familly for that weekend. I plan on sleeping there with them on Friday then shooting over to set up whatever aid station is needed at the Ridemonkey compound. I will prepare snacks, fill water bottles, whatever support you guys need as well as prepare a midnight feast. Just keep me informed as to how many there will be and how elaborate you want the feed to be. Probably around $15 a person?
I can crash in the truck after.
Breakfast on Sunday is a can do also.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
justbill said:
I have my camper set up at Keyser Pond Campground with my familly for that weekend. I plan on sleeping there with them on Friday then shooting over to set up whatever aid station is needed at the Ridemonkey compound. I will prepare snacks, fill water bottles, whatever support you guys need as well as prepare a midnight feast. Just keep me informed as to how many there will be and how elaborate you want the feed to be. Probably around $15 a person?
I can crash in the truck after.
Breakfast on Sunday is a can do also.
Bill - You Rock!!!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
MMcG said:
Nobody wants to team up with me?
:( :(
if youre still looking for a teammate id be willing to do it with you. if youre in a team already then i guess ill join the rest of the insane, i mean hardcore, riders in the 12 hour solo division.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Not yet. I want to ride the course first and I don't think Sq-Earl is planning on going anymore, but I would still like to.

Hmmmm.....I'm not sure if I want to do the 4 hour drive to preride it

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
pats peak isnt too far from me so i might go up next weekend or the weekend after. it depends on whether im working or not and if the weather is good. ill try to bring a digital camera so i can get pics of it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
gnurider1080 said:
pats peak isnt too far from me so i might go up next weekend or the weekend after. it depends on whether im working or not and if the weather is good. ill try to bring a digital camera so i can get pics of it.
That would be AWESOME! :thumb: Thank you!

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Here's the map from last year. I have a pdf file too, if you want me to email it to you. We raced there last year so if you have any questions let me know. There are 2 big climbs and 1 long downhill in the course. I think it is just under 4 1/2 miles long.

Attachments

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
From their website the vertical drop is 710 ft. I would guess by looking at the course in relation to the mountain a guess would be 1000 ft. The thing about the course is 90% of the time you are either going up or down.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
and dont forget, reg $$ increases July 1.....I'm going to see how I do/feel doing 24 of adrenaline as a team, then decide if / what I'll attempt at Pats

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
thanks for the reminder. I was thinking of the 12 hour solo, but the thought of doing the 2 climbs so many times has me rethinking

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I will see after Dalton. I rode pats peak with stiches in my knee. I bought it on the downhill part pre riding a week before the race. So maybe the climbs seemed harder then they were.

splat

Nam I am
I pre rode Pats today . and I suffered greatly !! It was really really muddy ! But we did have torential downpours last night , lets hope it drys up some in a Month.

I did 2 1/2 Laps today , I quit on my third one , because all the mud was gunking up my drive train , and it was starting to rain HARD! so I bailed on it . My first 2 Laps no rain it only started raining just after I started a 3rd lap .

My first lap , Taking note/Pictures took me about an Hour
2nd lap about 50 minutes .

There is definatly some tough tough climbs ! I'll tell you next week if they are as tought as Daltons. I was surprised how much Down there was early in the course.

Any Way some Info

The Base is at an Elevation of 645 Ft ( the Pats marker )
the top of the first Big climb 994 Ft ( at the MOB marker )
The decent after the Mob Marker ends at 2.1 Miles into the course at elevation 850 ft
then the Big climb ! tops out at 1116 ft at 2.8 Miles into the course
followed by the Big decent which is Just under a Mile long at 3.7 miles and drops you back down to 620 feet. Then of course you climb again. but not as much I had the course in at 4.5 miles here is are 2 maps from the GPS track I did.