Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
I Are Baboon said:
Hey 4MAAB, I have changed our campsite to #19. I want the same one as last year. Plus, I think it will be quieter since there won't be people all around us.
I forsee a certian RV having a mechanical in the generator region if its running at 2am like last year.

The weather was a huge factor last year. Rain up until race time, mud, humidity till noon, then the wind picked up and temps dropped to high 40s overnight and the wind chill was like low 30s.
Fate favors the prepared. Be ready for anything. Even wandering midnight evangelists.

NickTheBrit

Chimp
Feb 3, 2005
I'm a first-timer and I think we have a team together... already looking forward to it. See ya there!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
We will not be saving $50 :( because we should probably make sure Gee Spot actually survives Old Pueblo and likes 24 hour races before we sign her up for another one :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
We will not be saving $50 :( because we should probably make sure Gee Spot actually survives Old Pueblo and likes 24 hour races before we sign her up for another one :D
After tasting sweet success at Old Pueblo I predict she will get addicted.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
After tasting sweet success at Old Pueblo I predict she will get addicted.
I find it somewhat encouraging that she liked the idea of a "fastest woman" trophy. A couple of months ago she was very worried about Chelsea kicking her ass. She might still be worried, but she seems a little more confident since I introduced her to the Echo Pain Interval Workout (tm)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Team n00b will not be saving $50. :(

We should be registered by 3/1, if I can get the rest of my slacker team to get their #$^& together. :rolleyes:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Team n00b will not be saving $50. :(

We should be registered by 3/1, if I can get the rest of my slacker team to get their #$^& together. :rolleyes:

you ever get wednesdays off in the summer, or at least get out early? (so you can get to Dalton for one of their wednesday races)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ghostrider said:
Unknown at this point. My wife and my biking are bitter enemies right now.

I would love to do it, though - that was a blast.

if all else fails can ya play the "I want to see my realatives" card ? :devil:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
you ever get wednesdays off in the summer, or at least get out early? (so you can get to Dalton for one of their wednesday races)
Yeah, my schedule rotates, so I get quite a few Weds. off. I hope to make it to at least one of those races.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Yeah, my schedule rotates, so I get quite a few Weds. off. I hope to make it to at least one of those races.

cool.........when the time comes let me know / my plan is to be there most wednesdays

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ghostrider said:
Unknown at this point. My wife and my biking are bitter enemies right now.

I would love to do it, though - that was a blast.
I think that explains why you are missing parts to the Blur.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
splat said:
MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................... :drool:

I Reheated that at 3 am........ :drool:

And it was awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( as Bill was cooking it I was getting ready for a night lap, so I had to wait till I got back)
Yeah, I missed out on the pizza, but the heater was NICE! :dancing:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
xbluethunderx said:
I want to do it solo, airfare is cheap, but I have crew/lodging issues. Ideas?

what exactly is the issue?

(rules say you need min. one person crew, and there's lots of places to stay in pittsfield which is just 5 minutes away, and there is camping on site for Fri & Sat nights)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
xbluethunderx said:
I want to do it solo, airfare is cheap, but I have crew/lodging issues. Ideas?
I'd certainly help out "crew" wise. You shouldn't plan on sleeping so lodging shouldn't be an issue.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Well, I found a definate 5th member for my team. Should be registering by the end of the month. Where are the other :monkey: teams (Assbalancers, 4M&B, etc.) camping? Are most of you guys in "A"?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Well, I found a definate 5th member for my team. Should be registering by the end of the month. Where are the other :monkey: teams (Assbalancers, 4M&B, etc.) camping? Are most of you guys in "A"?
Yeah, we're in section A, site 19. We've got a pretty loud heater, so the "quiet" campground isn't an option for us. Mmmm....wonderful, wonderful heater.....

Site 18 has been claimed by the Ass Balancers, so grab site 17 or 20. :)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My problem is that being 17, I can't do two vital things:

A) Get a hotel room (Which I may or may not need)

and

B) Rent a car (and I will need some way to get from the airport to Dalton and back)

Speaking of airports, which one would be best to fly into? I was looking at Logan, but there's one in Hartford. Hartford's a bit more expensive, but closer, it seems.

Westy, aren't you going to be racing? I think I may check and see if anyone around here over 18 would go with me, giving me a crew member and car/hotel.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
blue said:
Speaking of airports, which one would be best to fly into? I was looking at Logan, but there's one in Hartford. Hartford's a bit more expensive, but closer, it seems.
Blue, Albany is the closest Airport I believe, check that out. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Blue, Albany is the closest Airport I believe, check that out. :)

Yep - Albany would be closest methinks - Bradley might not be too bad either.

You could maybe get a ride from a monkey if you flew in to either airport. Just a guess.

I know there are Albany/Saratoga monkeys participating as well as Hartford, Avon, Simsbury Monkeys.