douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Revised:

~solo (Westy, RIP, blue)
~4 person female (Geespot & friends)
~4 person (ECHO & friends)
~5 person (4 :monkey: & a baboon, Ass balancers, Humanity's Only Hope)

:thumb:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
-not able to read the whole thread-

anybody making a trip of this? like a week for the race? then afterwords camping and riding other spots? anything to do out there?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I live an hour away and could easily take a day or 2 off

real close spots to Dalton for riding:
Kennedy Park/Yukon Ridge (lenox, Ma)
Pittsfield state forest (pittsfield, Ma)

ps:BerkshireRider would make an awesome tour guide

If you like to hike (and they have camping) and some biking
Mount Greylock linky

MMcg> what was the name of that place near Dalton that we did a nemba ride at??

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
If El Toninatoro makes the trip to Dalton, I'll make myself available for post-Adrenalin riding. :)

(Tony, lots of riding out here, but not much in the way of "stuff to do"...unless you want to schlep to Boston)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Not sure but i'm looking to take a vacation about that time but not sure what i wana do. I'd like to do something with my non-biking friends but their being stupid. Short list
Beach House in Surfside
Beach House in South Padre'
Beach House in Cabo San Lucas
mtb trip to colorado
mtb trip somewhere

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Other ideas.... We (SMBA) have a pretty good trail system up near me, about 1.5 hours north. 22 miles of technical singletrack. Mmmm....singletrack! :drool:

And....hopefully....Jiminy Peak (within a 1/2 hour of Dalton I think?) should be open for DHing by then as well if you feel like lugging 2 bikes with you. :devil:

splat

Nam I am
The Toninator said:
-not able to read the whole thread-

anybody making a trip of this? like a week for the race? then afterwords camping and riding other spots? anything to do out there?

Well You could always visit me Before Or after and I can show you some of the palces around here . could always go up toward Jolleytimes Play ground the Kingdom trails . or you could justy be come a Boston Tourist ( there is a whole season dedicated just to them up here)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Finally got our last team member to register for the race. Looks like we've got a combined age of 187 for the 5-person (open age). Where do the rest of you guys fall? Are we all gonna be in the 150-199 class or do I have an advantage because I'm riding with a bunch of old coots? :sneaky:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
Finally got our last team member to register for the race. Looks like we've got a combined age of 187 for the 5-person (open age). Where do the rest of you guys fall? Are we all gonna be in the 150-199 class or do I have an advantage because I'm riding with a bunch of old coots? :sneaky:

Our combined age is 186. I'm happy to say that I bring that average down. :p (bunch of old bastards on our team)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
Our combined age is 186. I'm happy to say that I bring that average down. :p (bunch of old bastards on our team)
I hear ya' IAB, I'm the second youngest on my team. We have one kid that's 24! :eek:

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
TreeSaw said:
:devil: So, have you finalized your roster yet?

And, I think I am the youngest member of my team :sneaky:
Things are coming together for the teams, but not 100% yet.

I actually rode my bike 3 days last week......that is 1 day more than the last 3 weeks(only because of Ray's) training big time now!!! :rolleyes:

truth- riding was mostly urban stuff where I was trying to rip my arms out of their sockets, not any endurance stuff :dead:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Instigator said:
Things are coming together for the teams, but not 100% yet.

I actually rode my bike 3 days last week......that is 1 day more than the last 3 weeks(only because of Ray's) training big time now!!! :rolleyes:

truth- riding was mostly urban stuff where I was trying to rip my arms out of their sockets, not any endurance stuff :dead:
You'd better get training Mr.! *cracks whip*

You wouldn't want me to be faster than you now would you :devil:

So, when are you all car-pooling out this way for a killer training ride? The snow might be gone for this weekend :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
You'd better get training Mr.! *cracks whip*

You wouldn't want me to be faster than you now would you :devil:

So, when are you all car-pooling out this way for a killer training ride? The snow might be gone for this weekend :D

can someone not on your team get in on this training ride ???

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
TreeSaw said:

No car pooling now :dead: :dead: :dead:

On my way to work 10pm Monday night some guy went through a red light and I plowed into him. My truck will be in the shop for the next week or 2.

On a lighter note the other guy and myself were both ok. (I never got mad, I am just happy we both walked away)

I will post a thread in the lounge with pics in the morning.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Instigator said:
No car pooling now :dead: :dead: :dead:

On my way to work 10pm Monday night some guy went through a red light and I plowed into him. My truck will be in the shop for the next week or 2.

On a lighter note the other guy and myself were both ok. (I never got mad, I am just happy we both walked away)

I will post a thread in the lounge with pics in the morning.
:eek: I am SO glad to hear that you and your passenger walked away...any injuries?