Quantcast

24 Hrs of Moab

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
WooHooo Just found out I am going to be doing the 24 hours of Moab with a 4 person all female team. I have been trying to make this happen for years.

Any other monkeys going to be there?

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
Yep, working on getting a 5 person team together now. We will be there again this year.

Most of my team will be from your area this year (boulder area).

We are getting really excited, it will be my 3rd year in a row and maybe my last for a while.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
It's getting time to try the team thing again but most of my traveling money is going to the 24 hours of Whistler at the end of the month.
are you doing RHR?
i'll be getting back the monday before the race so i think i'm just going out drink beer, i'll be leaving the bike at home :)

good luck!

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
Chris01 said:
Yep, working on getting a 5 person team together now. We will be there again this year.

Most of my team will be from your area this year (boulder area).

We are getting really excited, it will be my 3rd year in a row and maybe my last for a while.

Cool! What is your team name?? WE'll have to meet up. I did the 5 person open last year...fun fun fun

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
I have been looking for people that would want to do it. It would be my first 24 hour ride ..if anyone needs a girl - or would be interested in setting up a team .. lemme know!

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
The Toninator said:
It's getting time to try the team thing again but most of my traveling money is going to the 24 hours of Whistler at the end of the month.
are you doing RHR?
i'll be getting back the monday before the race so i think i'm just going out drink beer, i'll be leaving the bike at home :)

good luck!
Yep, gonna be a RHR as well. Might need a teammate will know next week early. I had already planned on checking with you! Currently I am trying to work out what class the team will be in. Either 4-man expert / Pro or 5 person open.

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
mcgowanc said:
I have been looking for people that would want to do it. It would be my first 24 hour ride ..if anyone needs a girl - or would be interested in setting up a team .. lemme know!

Sent you a PM

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
JOJO said:
Cool! What is your team name?? WE'll have to meet up. I did the 5 person open last year...fun fun fun
Sure thing, no team name yet but I am sure it will be in the works soon. I will keep you posted!

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
mcgowanc said:
IF anyone bails out on our team I will let you know for sure
:D Its such a fun race.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
mcgowanc said:
Thanks - I think I may have found a team whoo hoo (as long as they like me) but if they give me the boot ;)
Cool! Hey do you do any of the local races around here? Winter park, mtn states cup etc??

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I think I'm gonna be racing solo, doing 24 Hours of Soldier Hollow to gear up for it :D

I'm just having trouble with lights...are there any cheaper options for solo racing? i'm not in the mood to blow 500 bucks on a pair of lights :(

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
JOJO said:
Cool! Hey do you do any of the local races around here? Winter park, mtn states cup etc??
]

Sorry I did not see this until just now - - There is a mountain states this weekend at keystone.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
mcgowanc said:
]

Sorry I did not see this until just now - - There is a mountain states this weekend at keystone.

Are you going to be there?

Im not sure that I am. I had a pretty bad crash at the WP race last weekend and I am still recovering. Stitches are out of my MOUTH but Im a little sketched. We'lll see if I get the confidence up.

I did this race last year and it was alot of fun!

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
JOJO said:
Are you going to be there?

Im not sure that I am. I had a pretty bad crash at the WP race last weekend and I am still recovering. Stitches are out of my MOUTH but Im a little sketched. We'lll see if I get the confidence up.

I did this race last year and it was alot of fun!
Stitches in the mouth - ouch!!!! Yes - taking it easy and building up the confidence again sounds like a great idea - It’s scary to ride when you are still healing from a crash.

I am thinking Im not gonna make the race. There’s a solid chance that I won’t have my bike - and if I do, I am thinking tooling around on it - before pushing things on it - might be a good idea.

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
mcgowanc said:
- Thank you. I was able to find a team. So I am no longer in search of one.
Like I told JOJO, she is taken!!! back off!!! hahahaha

Oh, I am getting so stoked about this race this year... so much good dirty fun. Can't wait to get out there again this year.

1speed

Chimp
Oct 1, 2001
boulder
Chris01 said:
Like I told JOJO, she is taken!!! back off!!! hahahaha

Oh, I am getting so stoked about this race this year... so much good dirty fun. Can't wait to get out there again this year.

How was the course last year? They tried to clean up some of the sand a few yrs back but I doubt if their efforts were sustainable. The last time I rode it was the 2000 race. I got sick (several people according to the medical tent) eating from that lame unsanitary burrito stand. Made for a long cold night as I was unable to eat most of the event.

Need to go back and expel the demon one of these yrs!

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
JOJO said:

- you know I think I am just learning to read.. I just re read your post. It doesn’t say do you know of any local races around .. but do you do .. I am we todd did. I did the second to last winter park race, and I did the telluride full tilt (xc and dh). Did you end up heading to keystone?

That is lame about the team bailin’ on you. - hopefully where_am_I's got something for ya :)

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
cool, what level do you ride?? I did all the wpark races this year but only 2 mtn states cups....

I didnt head to keystone but I am doing the Fall Classic Stage Race in Breck this weekend. Just the xc race on Sunday though.

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
1speed said:
How was the course last year? They tried to clean up some of the sand a few yrs back but I doubt if their efforts were sustainable. The last time I rode it was the 2000 race. I got sick (several people according to the medical tent) eating from that lame unsanitary burrito stand. Made for a long cold night as I was unable to eat most of the event.

Need to go back and expel the demon one of these yrs!
The course was less sandy in 2002 but last year it still wasn't bad. There are really only two spots that get frustrating (because of sand), the single track from the start house is quite sandy and then there is that blasted hill that is nothing but sand. Overall not too bad.

Don't know of anyone having problems with the food over the last couple years, but then again, I usually only eat what I bring.

2002 was COLD!!! at night and kind of miserable, last year was a lot more mild.

In my best televagelist voice " Demons Be Gone!!"

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
JOJO said:
cool, what level do you ride?? I did all the wpark races this year but only 2 mtn states cups....

I didnt head to keystone but I am doing the Fall Classic Stage Race in Breck this weekend. Just the xc race on Sunday though.

The last race I did (Winter Park) I did sport. I did Sport in Telluride mainly cause I wasn’t sure about doing the loop twice .. I may have grown up there .. but damn that altitude can still be a killer. And the race I did in Virginia I road sport. For DH I ride beginner. I hope to do a few more races next year!

There's a race in breck this weekend huh?

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
hmm that looks like it might be fun. I might try to do the whole thing (nothing better than breakin in a new bike with a nice race right?)

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
JOJO said:

Team name is now set "Honeymoon in Moab" 2 of those on our team are getting married the weekend before the race, so it seemed fitting.

We are signed up and ready to go, just working out all the minor details now!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Chris01 said:
Team name is now set "Honeymoon in Moab" 2 of those on our team are getting married the weekend before the race, so it seemed fitting.

We are signed up and ready to go, just working out all the minor details now!
who's getting married? chris and jay? or somebody else?