Quantcast

24 inches of love

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
I use it to dirtjump. Did you ride H spoke skyways or T spoke? I've heard lots of people talk about the T spokes being floppy. The H spokes are stiff enough for me. They have a little give, but not enough to bother me. Rider weight probably matters too. A friend of mine has these same wheels and he likes em too.
pretty sure I only rode the T ones. Good to hear the H ones hold up for dirt, those wheels make a bike look pretty damn nice.

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Spot and rig index is very high in this photo. I'd like to make it out in the fall.

Last edited:

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
DANG Tim, the ride is looking proper.
heard sooo much about all the new stuff at the spot too, sounds nuts.
cant wait to see it!
landon, if you do make it to the east coast - make sure to let it be known - you got a place to crash in nyc. :cheers:

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
thanks guys. trail boss/manager maestro has crazy lines in his head and this year people have been super motivated to build. all shots by jimmy maestro too.

cru,
amongst other things, the bike rack was 'donated' by some guys that really don't come around much. lots of donations make it a sweet home away from home. doesn't everyone have a mannequin head?

sessions have been getting hectic. this is the new top section. hit the spine and it leads into this.

that qtr has been freshly shaped and hitting nice with the new wood coping up top.

me trying to get a feel for the new qtr.

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Sweet rig Stoked!

I'm envious of your trails. You've got a dedicated bunch of riders/diggers there. Must be nice.

A bike rack wouldn't last at trails around here...

GM

JJJKKK

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
^^^That's a supernice V3!

Here's my Molly from the "Ice Cold Irish Girl"-Topic.

Shorter chain stay, shorter drop outs.

Smoothed horseshoe. Credits BIKESatori for the idea.

Maaann it misses three other mods I wanted to do but I ran out of time, had too much other stuff to make at work and this week was the last one before my holiday starts and the painter's as well so. I had absolutely no time to desing and prepare the frame and make special jigs for each job.

I wanted to do Grim Reaper bb, Grim Reaper seat stay ends, and TonicFab FG V3 Horseshoe hole aka this:

Frame: Union-Street Molly Maguire 4th generation black 990
Fork: Manitou Gold Label 2 60mm
Bar: Custom lenght Nemesis Project Street bars 24.5"
Grips: Animal
Bar Ends: TheShadowConspiracy
Stem: TheShadowConspiracy Attack
Spacer: 10mm carbon
Headset: Chris King

Bottom Bracket: Primo
Cranks: FlyBikes 175mm
Pedals: FlyBikes
Sprocket: Tree Lite 23t
Chain: KMC Z510HX

Seat: Animal Strip
Seatpost: Animal
Seatclamp: TheShadowConspiracy Alfred

F.Tire: Kenda NPJ
R:Tire: KHE MAC2
Rims: Atomlab Pimp standard 36h
Nipples: Dt Swiss ProLock brass 12mm
Spokes: Sapim Leader 2.0
F.Hub: G-Sport Marmoset
R.Hub: Primo Pro Mix w/ Primo 10t driver

Mods
Frame: New paintjob, Cut down seat tube, brakemounts shaved off, shorter CS (machined), shorter dropouts, smoothed horseshoe
Fork: Machinecut steerer tube, lowered, custom spring and bottom-out bumbers, D-Street axle
F.Hub: Converted to 110x20, flipped collars mod
R.Hub: Cut down axle
Grips: Cut off flanges

S4Sean

Chimp
Apr 30, 2008
Just threw some 24"s on my old p1
Need some bombproof wheels for my sloppy 180's lol
the front wheel is pretty light with the tabletops though.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Hey guys, I had a 24" mtb setup in about 2001, I really didn't know what I was doing and was really just learning to ride trails. Now I have a p2 chromo that I like, its not perfect, the bb is a little low and if you try to power wheelie really deep rollers the pedals can hit the tops of them.

My question is this, I am thinking of getting either a 24" cruiser race bike like this...

or something like the usb in the above post but with a rigid fork. I will be riding it mostly on my pump track, practice days at the local bmx track and maybe some dj''s I have, but mostly I will be riding the p2 on the dj's.

So is there any major differences in handleing between the bmx 24 and the mtb 24? Will I notice a big difference in the low front end of the bmx with tall bars as opposed to the tall front end of the mtb with low bars?

The only bmx I have ridden was a dk general lee and that thing builds speed on the pump track a lot faster than my p2, but that may be due to the rigid fork.

So who has time riding both types and what do you think??

Thanks in advance

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
thanks guys. trail boss/manager maestro has crazy lines in his head and this year people have been super motivated to build. all shots by jimmy maestro too.

cru,
amongst other things, the bike rack was 'donated' by some guys that really don't come around much. lots of donations make it a sweet home away from home. doesn't everyone have a mannequin head?

sessions have been getting hectic. this is the new top section. hit the spine and it leads into this.

that qtr has been freshly shaped and hitting nice with the new wood coping up top.

me trying to get a feel for the new qtr.

Man, I satrted drooling like a baby!!! Lots of work, head and sweat packed into those sweet jumps!!! Big, big Kudos to you!!!

chaloots

Chimp
Mar 16, 2004
dirty jerz via Bklyn
i wasnt stoked on my park bike anymore since it was a bit dated and heavy i found myself riding my bmx more and more. stoked was stepping up to the new gen of the fg so i had to jump on it. once i got my hands on it i sent it back to landon to get coated w/that anti-rust coating thing they do and he gave it a little inspection also.

Tonic Fall Guy 44 (2nd generation I think?) w/internal h/s and mid BB, coated
Manitou sherman jumper slammed to about 60mm
Nemisis Pro weasy bars 3.25
Profile acoustic stem 48mm
fit eddie clevland grips/ fly end caps
colony h/s
avid v-brake and lever w/black kool stops linear cable
arrow frx front hoop laced to profile 20mm non-disk hub (courtesy of stoked)
tioga fs 100 rear
holly roller front (for now until i find a table top or maybe a k-rad?)
sun rhyno xl rear laced to profile mini w/ti bolts 11t
kmc 710sl chain
profile 170mm race arms w/hollow spindle (only a g less than ti and a lot cheaper) mid bb
animal sprockey balboa 27t
odssey plastic pc's for now (stole em off my pit bike)
fit post,clamp and seat off my old complete until i get my hands on a pivitol set up.

shes kind of porky right now weighing in at like 29lbs. i should be able to shed some weight by swapping seat/post and that big front tire and i guess the fork is kinda heavy compared to whats out there now but it feels good ,overall she feels great. i havent djed in a bit so i grabbed USB1 and we headed out to cunningham park in queens and i was able to adjust really quick.

thanks to G and Willie at racers edge for putting it together all nice.

Last edited:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
yo Charlie - the new rig is looking sweet. You're going have some fun on that thing at Dutch! How'd it feel on the dirt?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Do you have a rigid fork on there? If so, what kind?
DMR TB 2, should i be worried? it does feel a bit loose tight as bar spins.
i was just thinking this morning i might get a new one. all those bails
and flat landers. . . . .

pastcaring

Chimp
Nov 22, 2006
lol with already been through this.

i live in london, england. but i got the tire's in nyc when i picked the bike up.
i'll be in nyc in a couple of weeks i could bring you some over but i think there £65 for two here, big $$$$$$$$

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
lol with already been through this.

i live in london, england. but i got the tire's in nyc when i picked the bike up.
i'll be in nyc in a couple of weeks i could bring you some over but i think there £65 for two here, big $$$$$$$$

oh yea! now i remember!
dang, i'm in nyc and trying to track these down.....