Quantcast

2nd Annual Beacon Blowout Dh Race

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
finally registered.
jr x 18 and under
there are going to be quite a few people in this class this year. im guessing 10-15 opposed to last years 4
yup its going to be sweet. really fun year for jr. x. first year in jr. x first year in clips yehaw

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Was up on the course saturday. Thing was dry as hell. Good thing spokane got some rain that night. Hopefully it will rain on friday. Make the course premo.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Riverside state park has a camp ground - shower and lotsa XC trails too. Mt. Spokane camping is right next to the road ( ick) or there's the commerical jellystone campground out near the airport.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Who wants to Camp at Riverside State Park??? They have a Group site. I'll be calling tomorrow to get the price. Steezy, Hungary, and any other of you kids from Federal Way/ Tacoma/ Seattle area, you guys going? Have you already made camping/lodging arrangements? The site is right near the water, so do I hear after practice fun? SAFETY!!!!

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Was up on the course saturday. Thing was dry as hell. Good thing spokane got some rain that night. Hopefully it will rain on friday. Make the course premo.
that rain didn't matter one bit. it was still dry as hell. I'm glad they fixed the berms up there, but I don't like the dumbing down of the rock roll before the jumps into the berm to berm.

I had a good practice run though, I can't wait for the race.

Kyle,

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
Who wants to Camp at Riverside State Park??? They have a Group site. I'll be calling tomorrow to get the price. Steezy, Hungary, and any other of you kids from Federal Way/ Tacoma/ Seattle area, you guys going? Have you already made camping/lodging arrangements? The site is right near the water, so do I hear after practice fun? SAFETY!!!!
yea im coming up with another buddy(el rey)

its still a little sketch, but sleeping in the car/tent wherever we could i think was the plan, keep meh posted

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Riverside is the other side of town ( west, right next to down town) so it's about 15- minutes w/no traffic to Beacon. It's really pretty there right now.:monkeydance:

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
that rain didn't matter one bit. it was still dry as hell. I'm glad they fixed the berms up there, but I don't like the dumbing down of the rock roll before the jumps into the berm to berm.

I had a good practice run though, I can't wait for the race.

Kyle,
wait when did they dumb that down and redo berms? i didnt noticew any difference 3 weekends ago. . .

PS step up get any help? that thing is gonna get thrashed in practice, maybe some more dirt?

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
wait when did they dumb that down and redo berms? i didnt noticew any difference 3 weekends ago. . .

PS step up get any help? that thing is gonna get thrashed in practice, maybe some more dirt?
i know the roller into the berms was gnar when you came into it hauling- bottoming to the freakin ground but the step up seemed really solid to me

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
the step up was kind of fixed. but the dirt was so dry most of it crubled off anyways.

the rock roll was smoothed out at the bottom, but once again it was really dry dirt and a lot of it was ridden away towards the end of the day.

Kyle,

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Liberty would be better for dog-swimming, Spokane River is still running pretty good and it would be sad for the pooch to take an unintended run through the rapids....

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
GEARGRL/MINOR.....Can you get to Liberty and grab me a spot late Friday? I'll pay you back. Its a 1st come 1st served place so I'm alittle worried about it filling up.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
i'm pretty sure that rock roll gave me a flat spot on my back rim, so i can't say i'll miss the gnarness. its not like it was hard before, it just felt like crap.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
GEARGRL/MINOR.....Can you get to Liberty and grab me a spot late Friday? I'll pay you back. Its a 1st come 1st served place so I'm alittle worried about it filling up.
I kinda have my hands full right now with race stuff but I'll try to at least make some calls tomorrow and see what it'll take to hold a spot. Will you be tenting? Really, this early I don't think there's a big danger of Liberty Lake filling. It's lesser known as a camping destination (but a perfectly pleasant spot).