Quantcast

2nd Annual Beacon Blowout Dh Race

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I kinda have my hands full right now with race stuff but I'll try to at least make some calls tomorrow and see what it'll take to hold a spot. Will you be tenting? Really, this early I don't think there's a big danger of Liberty Lake filling. It's lesser known as a camping destination (but a perfectly pleasant spot).
I'm with MT in that I think you'll be ok as the camping season hasn't' officially opened yet, that's next weekend.

here's reservation info for STATE parks,(Riverside, has showers)
http://www.parks.wa.gov/reserve.asp

Liberty Lake, scroll to bottom,
http://www.spokanecounty.org/parks/parklisting.htm
first come first serve, no reservations.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
it's a downhill course. you can race XC on other weekends.

Kyle,
Thanks, Kyle! My sentiments exactly, unless something is really whacked. We'll be out Friday morning setting rebar and PVC. I'll take my McLeod and a shovel but no guarantees I'll have time to do any touch-up. Lotta stuff going on.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
im sour from not hitting it fast enough, seems every time i roll it, i feel too slow or feel like im about to go endo. damn, but thats wats practice for! and theres rewards if your not willin to take any risks.

whos gonna drop it!??! :imstupid:
fastest line is hop into the top and pump the bottom. nice little G out, but still tons of speed for the doubles.

Kyle,

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
CHECK IT CHECK IT 1...2...1....2
I have made reservation at Riverside Campground for Sat-Mon. So if anyone needs a place to camp, let me know. I also have an extra 2 man tent if you planned on sleeping in your car (which I've done a few times at Skibowl).

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
I'm pretty sure they were talking about the last roller at the bottom
idk about everybody else, but i was talking about the little rock roll right before the 5 set. i am fine with smoothing it out because it is relatively smooth anyway except for that one spot where there is like a rock sitting in a little hole in the slickrock. its like you have a relatively smooth/simple rock roll that is not hard with or w/o the one little rock at the bottom. all that rock is doing is creating an opportunity for pinch flats/bent rims, not providing any challenge to the rider. therefore its pointless and should be smoothed out.

besides, it is the entry to a set of smooth doubles, so its kind of ironic that people want to make it rough.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
^^ I guarentee I've hit that section a couple hundred times, and I've never once had a problem with it. just pick the right line and your good.

Kyle,

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Policy is generally not to sanitize the race course. I'll look at it, but if it's a rock that 'grew' there, I'm not moving it. If hitting it with a dot of flourescent marking paint will help you miss it, that might be a possible.

C'mon folks, this is already one of the most groomed, baby's-butt-smooth courses in the country; let's not get silly about it.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Policy is generally not to sanitize the race course. I'll look at it, but if it's a rock that 'grew' there, I'm not moving it. If hitting it with a dot of flourescent marking paint will help you miss it, that might be a possible.

C'mon folks, this is already one of the most groomed, baby's-butt-smooth courses in the country; let's not get silly about it.

exactly. my girlfriend does the section just fine, and like I said, I've never had a problem, although your probally a TON faster than me ;)

Kyle,

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
yeah i am racing jr ex.

but its hard to say about the "nature" of the rock roll-in, cuz it looks like there was a hole in the main rock that someone filled with a loose rock. i only rode it for my second time a few weeks ago, but as far as i can remember its hard not to hit it if you're jumping off the top of the rock and landing toward the bottom on the outside to set up for the turn. maybe you can go even further outside to avoid it?

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I was up there again today. the course is fast and DRY!!! we need rain badly, by the time open class takes the course we could be riding beacon beach.

Kyle,