Quantcast

>>>> 5 minute citizenship Wednesday GTM >>>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yesterday was pretty amazing. Both boys got Danish citizenship and it took 5 minutes. Just show up at the office, showed our passports and their US passports and that was it. So now they have free healthcare, school and University. We also get a check every quarter per child for 500 Dollars per quarter.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Get to see my neurologist this morning to see what's wrong with my head now.

I had a fucking bizzare dream about an ex from college, but in present day. And then another that was more thoughts about how to get into contact with a different ex's brother who sells playground equipment because Haley's new school will be getting a playground this year. I have noticed that when my drugs get screwy my dreams and imagination go into overdrive. I have a feeling I will end up with a higher dosage or supporting drugs by the end of today.

Still scheming about how to get a new bike... I will be listing the tri bike tonight if I can get it cleaned up. I also need to get my additional parts for the SB66 together, so the package is sweeter. I'm working on digging out everything I can possibly sell to offset the cost of the bike.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ordered a new rear dropout, shipped next day delivery, last night, as my driveside one (which the derailleur hangar is a part of) is fubar'd/stripped after 8 years. it damn well better be here for fuckit friday, amirite, @jackalope ?

for now, coffee, eye dr. appt, and a blissfully meeting-free day at work.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good for you and your boys, @CBJ!
Morning! Back on the slave ship. Stormy weather might disrupt evening riding plans. New wrap-around knee pads are arriving today, I hope they won't be a total garbage.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
effing latest windows 10 update is making my laptop brain fart :panic:

I was about to crash out last night when I remembered that I needed to write out a policies and procedures document for the CEO to give to a guy that we are transferring into the para-transit side of the company. They are meeting at 7am, hell I olny really wanted to get 5 hours of sleep last night anyways...:banghead::banghead:

I am going to need some strong coffee multiple times during the day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I am finally settling back in after a trip to VA for a half ironman. I finished the race in 5:13, which was top 16% overall (60/362) and in my age group (5/30). A fun and interesting race. The swim started in a creek and then went downstream in some warm muddy water (wetsuits were not allowed), the bike course was flat as hell...950' of elevation gain over 56 miles, then then run was in some awful heat and humidity. I had a 38 minute swim, 2:42 bike (20.5 mph), and a 1:49 run. My next half iron is Niagara Falls in September. The goal for that is to break 5:00.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Super humidity is back here in full force. Made the air quality on my ride last night not the best, but what can you do?
I also forgot my bibs to wear under my riding shorts. Chafe me.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Made the most of my extended day yesterday and left work early to get some stuffs taken care of. Knocked out a good portion of the to-do list prior to the in-laws arrival this Friday. Taking next week off to do a road trip down to the San Juans so that's gonna be pretty titties.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Nice.
I interpreted 'wrap' as you didn't have to remove your shoes to put them on. I got a pair of these RF pads and after two proper crashes I'm loving 'em.
View attachment 125822
Yep, those should not require shoe removal for putting them on/off. I have the RF Ambush pads too, but I need two pairs of pads and my other "wrap around" pads with zippers disintegrated (zipper kaputt).

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's another hot and humid day here in Central NC....my hanging fern by the doorway sucker punched me and stole my water bottle this morning. He had a knife.....what was I supposed to do? I was scared, and nearly soiled myself, but planted my feet firmly and wasn't going to leaf without a fight...

I made some tacos last night that were so good, I got deported.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Today I need to shop around for a place to park verp cash. I have also been strongly encouraged to do more around the house... that may happen. Have a super day!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Hot today, should be a good one. Office Space: I am split between modern day and way old school here in the office and it is interesting. I am 75% committed to a new "DevOps" initiative (how pretty much the world does IT services), but the IT management here doesn't like the term or the approach, they like ITIL (old IT management style). But as old folks retire and young blood come in, the tide has slowly changed. Technology moves too fast to try to do things the old way. The 25% of time I spend with the team I am on is met with pushback because they know pretty much every job they currently do is being automated by the DevOps process. It goes from months of project work to an hour from config to production deployment. All with 10x the reliability and supportability of the old way because no fat fingers are involved.

But can we get DevOps functional before the end of the year? Maybe. Will my actual boss try o fire me before then in an effort to stop the inevitable? Who know. Guess we'll find out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ordered a new rear dropout, shipped next day delivery, last night, as my driveside one (which the derailleur hangar is a part of) is fubar'd/stripped after 8 years. it damn well better be here for fuckit friday, amirite, @jackalope ?

for now, coffee, eye dr. appt, and a blissfully meeting-free day at work.
How many backup bikes do you have?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Monkies! Today I need to shop around for a place to park verp cash. I have also been strongly encouraged to do more around the house... that may happen. Have a super day!
Super reliable financial genius Uncle Westy can help you with your cash. PM me your SSN, account numbers, PINs and passwords.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Pullled out the fretless bass, last night. Doc says I can't lift anything over 10 pounds for another few days, and it's my lightest bass, so even in the case it isn't much over 10. Felt good to get some playing time in.

Gonna head in to work today. I'll be bringing my cane with me. The anodized pink one.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Did another corporate crossfit session yesterday and I can barely walk. Who knew there were so many other muscles to make sore? It's still lame, but I'm a real team player-type, so I'll fake it.

The restless pup, and slighted cat were up last night keeping us up. The dog needed to pee at 3am, the cat snuck in while we let the dog out, then hogged my older sons pillow at 4 am so he came into our room to complain about it.

I'm bushed.

2nd replacement brake should arrive today so I hope to have some blingy (and reliable?) brakes bolted on this evening. Might take them for a test tomorrow for a Figh Vayem ride. I'll check out what kind of damage the BC Bike Race field wreaked on the trails.

Time to get the donuts.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Took a chance and hiked out on a fishing access this morning. Water is still pretty high so it was super soggy. Could not get across the main water way as of yet, will have to head back in about a month to place a trail camera. So far looks like a great spot for fishing and hunting. Will know for sure later

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
At work. If there is one thing that grinds my gears, it is other people using my desk and messing with the cables on my monitors and laptop dock. Leave desk the way you found it, this includes unplugging stuff you played with and DON'T LEAVE GODDAMN COFFEE MUGS FOR ME TO CLEAN UP. :banghead:

But anyways, I had fun at the hospital again this morning. It seems our health care system is just a shit show. I got xrayed and stuff in the city where I got hurt, but there is no easy way for the local docs to get those images. So, I had to go through the entire process again this morning...all to get a referral for a local orthopedic doctor. Have to back at 4 to over the results.

On top of that, my Banshee frame is cracked.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You've jimmydeaned two marriages?
Did I ever. The second one still stalks me on here. :tinfoil:

The first one dropped off after the payments stopped. I still have 14 more payments on this one. But I'm sure the crazy will continue. The first one wasn't crazy, just a master manipulator. The second one, wow. Just when you think "that was the craziest sh!t I've ever seen." She says "Hold my gluten free beer..."

<edit> The 2nd says she has a bet that the 3rd will shoot me in the face by year 3. I'm only 20 months in, so we shall see. :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>

But anyways, I had fun at the hospital again this morning. It seems our health care system is just a shit show. I got xrayed and stuff in the city where I got hurt, but there is no easy way for the local docs to get those images. So, I had to go through the entire process again this morning...all to get a referral for a local orthopedic doctor. Have to back at 4 to over the results.
Just be glad that you don't have, on top of all that shit, several months worth of fighting with a private insurance company...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I have a case of the Wednesdays.

Plan is to sit in my office, perhaps grab some data for a brief paper to be considered for a prize that has an August 11 deadline, and be out the door by 1:45.