Quantcast

54321 Wednesday 12345

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had long conversation with dietician about my current diet and cholesterol levels. Apparently I need to eat more vegetables and workout more. Might also have some substantial platelet issues potentially, but not necessarily related to my diet. Yeah fun.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Just had long conversation with dietician about my current diet and cholesterol levels. Apparently I need to eat more vegetables and workout more. Might also have some substantial platelet issues potentially, but not necessarily related to my diet. Yeah fun.
Post up your numbers! or PM them to me if you're uncomfortable with that. Also, have you had an NMR LipoProfile test? Assuming your numbers look like how I'm imagining that'd be useful.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Someone knocked on my door at 11:00 PM last night just as I was going to bed. My dog will go completely ape shit when someone is at the door and I encourage him, and he did an admirable job. Whoever it was, they ran off. Had they stuck around they would have been greeted by the pointy end of a machete.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Someone knocked on my door at 11:00 PM last night just as I was going to bed. My dog will go completely ape shit when someone is at the door and I encourage him, and he did an admirable job. Whoever it was, they ran off. Had they stuck around they would have been greeted by the pointy end of a machete.
Sounds like it might be time to dig a oubliette in the basement for such unexpected visitors.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
welcome to the club, fatty! :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds like it might be time to dig another oubliette in the basement for such unexpected visitors.
FTFY

95% sure it was the harmless homeless dude who wanders the neighborhood who I have occasionally given money for some simple work. Homie needs to learn that uninvited guests will not be welcomed after business hours and I don't feel it is my responsibility to teach him this via polite conversation.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
vegetables are healthier when they enter your body through your mouth.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Only a minority of people are sensitive to dietary cholesterol. So the good news is that your diet may have little to do with it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Only a minority of people are sensitive to dietary cholesterol. So the good news is that your diet may have little to do with it.

in other news, my wife's dietician said her diet changes have reduced her cholesterol enough she doesn't have to go on statins.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Dietary cholesterol, sure. But changes in overall fat/carb/protein macros can have huge effects.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Welp, looks like we are headed towards a province-wide stay-at-home order for the next month or so... and so on that note, @canadmos, @mykel , @dump, @Da Peach, @Jozz (and any other canuckian monkeys): I've seen a few Canadian web retailers listed here before, but can't find them... would youz care to post your sources again please?

thanks!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Welp, looks like we are headed towards a province-wide stay-at-home order for the next month or so... and so on that note, @canadmos, @mykel , @dump, @Da Peach, @Jozz (and any other canuckian monkeys): I've seen a few Canadian web retailers listed here before, but can't find them... would youz care to post your sources again please?

thanks!
TBS Bike Parts for Maxxis tires and some random other parts. Its been a few years, but I think if you call or email them, they can also order stuff not on their website. Other than tires their site selection is limited...

Placed one or two orders from The Bike Shop. Some items come from the distributor, to their shop and then to you, so it can be a little longer than normal, but good selection of stuff for in Canada.

Also use Jenson USA.

MEC for somethings. Sometimes over priced. https://www.mec.ca/en/products/cycling/bikes/c/854

Some local shops have opened better online stores too, but I haven't used any yet, as shipping is usually quite a bit.

If you know of somewhere with 200mm Shimano Ice Tech rotors, I'm all ears.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

thanks!
Also just watched the announcement on this. For fuck sakes.

This is just starting to get loony. Sure they enact a stay at home order, but what is changing from before? My region was already in "lock down". Ugh.

I don't understand it. :(

I have monday and tuesday booked off, as we were going to go to a cottage that the girlfriends parents had rented for the week. Oh well, better find a way out of that.

Needles in arms, needles in arms! Hoopla - I work in what they call an essential business and one that is high risk in some areas. Okay.....we're all waiting for the vaccine, where is it?? :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Also just watched the announcement on this. For fuck sakes.

This is just starting to get loony. Sure they enact a stay at home order, but what is changing from before? My region was already in "lock down". Ugh.

I don't understand it. :(

I have monday and tuesday booked off, as we were going to go to a cottage that the girlfriends parents had rented for the week. Oh well, better find a way out of that.

Needles in arms, needles in arms! Hoopla - I work in what they call an essential business and one that is high risk in some areas. Okay.....we're all waiting for the vaccine, where is it?? :(
Can you find your way to Spokane?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

thanks!
we really should pop this out into a thread on its own for others to reference...

everyone has good suggestions. Only one to add is: https://www.altitude-sports.com/

they have a small selection of things, like helmets, clothing and accessories... road stuff too. They’re based in Montreal and have next day local shipping which is pretty cool.