Quantcast

90s bands you liked, but don't see around...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the 90s was also the prime era for these labels:

touch and go
siltbreeze
matador
amphetamine reptile
majora

easily 40 or so essential bands on those rosters.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Goldfinger - Saw these guys at Lupo's in Providence. I know a lot folks think they're ska/punk posers, but I don't care, they entertained me and still do when I throw their album on repeat in the iPod.

saw them a couple of years ago when i was in Vegas, some type of promo going on, they were playing at the Hardrock. got in for free.

i miss these guys:

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
I must thank this thread for reminding me to check Propagandhi's webpage and thereby causing me to notice the concert schedule. I'll be seeing them on the 20th of April in Tokyo. Hopefully the Japanese audience will cause them to go light on the preaching and hard on the rocking.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the Jesus Lizard
Swervedriver
Slowdive
Tar
Big Dipper
Spacemen 3
Angel'In Heavy Syrup
3D's
Cake Kitchen

so many more
well in the past year or two i've seen Swervdriver, Big Dipper and the Jesus Lizard...and the 3D's played @ Merge fest XX. more and more bands are hitting the restart button

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
and sometimes it's not just the performance...Polvo shook off a 12 year hibernation period and put out the best record of their career w/ _In Prism_. it's my favorite record of 2009.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Yep, they were 80's, but damn good stuff.

Watch out for the dummies there's a million or more, they'll rip off your spot, they think they're hot.......................... Totally!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Goldfinger - I was too young(13-14) to know if they were truly a good band but I Loved them. I went through a popy ska/punk stage, around the same time I was also listening to Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Goldfinger - I was too young(13-14) to know if they were truly a good band but I Loved them. I went through a popy ska/punk stage, around the same time I was also listening to Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake.
Heh - I loved those bands too. Especially Goldfinger. They are still around - in fact, I have their newest album I think.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yep, they were 80's, but damn good stuff.

Watch out for the dummies there's a million or more, they'll rip off your spot, they think they're hot.......................... Totally!
They still pop up now and again...late 80s, 90s- same diff.

Somebody ripped my stick, that guy must be a prick, guess I fin'lly ran out of luck, if Iever find him, hes gonna get phuqued!