Quantcast

9km outside of La Bresse World Cup Finale

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
He should retire with those washed up results - hopefully he can get the win tomorrow.

Hopefully Rachel playing it safe for the overall and for Worlds.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Not that it's ever been a competitive field but Vali Holl by 29+ seconds on a 3 minute track is probably her most comprehensive demolition job of the season in jr women.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hell yeah Gee. Would be awesome if he takes 1st or even a podium and puts the spank down on the rest of the GB's Worlds team.

Greg down in 115. What happened there?

And hell yeah, Neko in 10th and Masters in 8th.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so the rains came down during practice, as you can see at the end of the vid. I wonder how that affected the track? Looking forward to this race.

Henry Kerr @ 0:54 is what happened to me when I fell on my head, I think. I (obviously) wasn't going that fast, and didn't have the reflexes to recover so well, but good to see that can happen to the pros too. I guess. Looks like he was ok since he quali'd 2nd.

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I bet British Cycling is pumped on sending their guys with the best chance of winning to worlds.

Gee is fun to watch when he goes fast, hopefully this trend continues and he wins right now.

In other news, something something greg minnaar aaron gwin

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
With this years fucked up start order I have no idea if Gee is last man down.
Under the new start order rules, the fastest qualifier isn't even guaranteed a spot in the finals. First priority goes to Red Bull riders, then highest point holders, then Monster riders willing to do the Princess Bride poison drink challenge, finally they fill the remaining slots with Whitely's hand-picked riders.

Gee is only in the finals because he once had a Red Bull hat on in a photograph, not because of his qualifying time.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Under the new start order rules, the fastest qualifier isn't even guaranteed a spot in the finals. First priority goes to Red Bull riders, then highest point holders, then Monster riders willing to do the Princess Bride poison drink challenge, finally they fill the remaining slots with Whitely's hand-picked riders.

Gee is only in the finals because he once had a Red Bull hat on in a photograph, not because of his qualifying time.
@jackalope, is that you?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Henry Kerr @ 0:54 is what happened to me when I fell on my head, I think. I (obviously) wasn't going that fast, and didn't have the reflexes to recover so well, but good to see that can happen to the pros too. I guess. Looks like he was ok since he quali'd 2nd.
Canukistani Birthday July 1st Long Weekend. First day on the hill and big bike for 2018.

Fourth run of the day - did the Exact. Same. Thing.
Still off the bike, with a Gwin-Thumb that just won't seem to heal.
Radiation showed no breaks, but squeezing or putting pressure on the side/meaty part still causes big owies.:wtf:
Cracked a rib as well, although that is now just a twinge.

Glad to know I'm not the only squid who wasn't fast / strong enough to haul it back in. :disgust1:

Last edited: