Quantcast

+__+_+_+_+_+_+ bro it's friday, do you know where your children are? +_+_+_+_+_+_

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dude same
apparently I locked one in my son's room last night, then the other came to do laps on my belly at 4am.
same girls, same. ours barfed and hacked up a hairball and i stepped in it going to wake our kid up this morning.

got a flat on the way home last night at like 9:30 in the rain. stupid hybrid has no spare because batteries so i limped home. tire's kaput. gotta deal with that today, plus ac guy coming to fix upstairs ac.

coffee will fix it all, amirite?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Great ride last night. But kid 2 is sick, and up during the night, so I went to sleep in his bed with him. Woke up this morning to find out kid 1 has a sore foot, painful enough to warrant going to the hospital. Doesn't know what happened. I suspect growing pains...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Friday! And its a long weekend up here in great white north. :)

Hoping to get out for a short bike ride after work.

Speaking of cats, the girlfriend is bringing home a baby squirrel from work, as it needs to be bottle fed over the weekend. Our cat hunts squirrels out the windows on the daily, so this should be interesting.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Interrupted sleep due to febrile Baby Aya needing snuggles during the night for scary dreams, and another time because she scratched some itchy spot on her ankle and it bled a bit.

at least the cats were fine, outside our bedrooms as intended

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Our annual bike fest is in town this weekend. Should be a decent time.

Theoretically my dad might finish planting today while I’m at work. So that’s neat.

The bleeding of employees at work still continues. Boss still thinks posting a job for the same pay scale and zero benefits that hasn’t worked for 5 years, will magically get an experienced insurance csr. It’s truly mind blowing stupid.
Let’s see you lost 3 employees to go do the exact same job with full benefits and 30-40k more salary. To me that would be pretty obvious that’s the going rate for those employees.

end rant.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I’ve apparently forgotten how time works.
Wake at 5:45 to pee. Alarm set for 6:30 so I go back to bed for a “few more minutes.”
Alarm at 6:30. Snooze. Snooze. Snooze… Around 7:30 I think “I’ve been up since 6:30” so I have plenty of time to stare at my phone and be at my desk by 8:00.
At 8:00 I realize I’ve made a miscalculation, and can’t figure out how I woke up at 6:30 and it’s already 8:00 but all I’ve done is eat oatmeal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Our annual bike fest is in town this weekend. Should be a decent time.

Theoretically my dad might finish planting today while I’m at work. So that’s neat.

The bleeding of employees at work still continues. Boss still thinks posting a job for the same pay scale and zero benefits that hasn’t worked for 5 years, will magically get an experienced insurance csr. It’s truly mind blowing stupid.
Let’s see you lost 3 employees to go do the exact same job with full benefits and 30-40k more salary. To me that would be pretty obvious that’s the going rate for those employees.

end rant.
nOb0Dy WaNtS tO wOrK AnYmoAr!1!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Ayo! Up at 430am so I could pickup CrabJoe to get in some golf before work. Worth it.

Will probably be dragging later but that's just the price to be paid.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
nOb0Dy WaNtS tO wOrK AnYmoAr!1!
Of course nobody *wants* to work, most people just have to work to you know, live.

I do recall reading this past week that the unemployment rate amongst the 20s to 50s crowd is at a 15 year low. Not entirely surprising of course, but I doubt that that statistic (if they even accept a Bureau of Labor figure in the first place) would do anything to change their perception.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Day off to study.

Ordered Haley's kart. Letter from shop and estimate for replacement sent to insurance. They are sending someone out on the 6th, but that's not enough time to get a kart ordered and assembled before her race, so I'm blindly shooting on the amount we'll be getting. I know it won't be the full amount, but I'm not sure how far short. Likely going to be over $1k, maybe $2k short. But she needs a damn kart. I should be able to sell some of her spares and old kart specific stuff to help close the gap, but I doubt it will be much.

One positive is that I talked with the claim inspection they are sending out to look at everything. He has a good friend who races karts and he understands that they are super specific to be a top level. He was also really positive when I told him that it was my daughters kart, as it changed how the talked about looking at it. It went from "I need to see it to do an assessment around the damage" pretty cold to positive "I just need to see it; I'll be in and out of the shop in 5min". Still not super positive, but hopefully it's a bit better.

Back to study now.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Goddam cat. :rant:
One of mine has done the morning wake up and feed me routine for a few years now.
It wasn't bad when it was 8:00am, but in the last few months we have graduated to starting as early as 4:30am. This morning we were allowed to sleep in to 5:40 :disgust:

I think he is getting us back for naming him Eugene Oliver. :doh::clapping: :rofl:

Offending party in grey.
20180927_131554.jpg