Quantcast

a couple of observations after today's ride

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
robdamanii said:
You bet I'll have a car.

I'm assuming we're talking MTB trails, yes?

And for god's sake don't say shindigin hollow...
Have you been to Hammond Hill or Conneticut Hill? Shingdagin is fun if you know where the good stuff is and there is always road riding with the Finger Lakes Cycling Club (http://www.flcycling.org/)

Not too sure about Seneca Falls for biking but I assume you are going to chiro school. One of my friends is up there now and is going to be starting his second year if I remember correctly.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Mike B. said:
Have you been to Hammond Hill or Conneticut Hill? Shingdagin is fun if you know where the good stuff is and there is always road riding with the Finger Lakes Cycling Club (http://www.flcycling.org/)

Not too sure about Seneca Falls for biking but I assume you are going to chiro school. One of my friends is up there now and is going to be starting his second year if I remember correctly.
Negative on both. I'll check out FLCC too.

I am indeed entering NYCC. Looking forward to it of sorts, but terrified that it'll kick my ass all over the state too.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
jacksonpt said:
I was really surprised. I've only got about 100 miles on my road bike - I do about 1 good ride (20-30 miles) per week... I'm seeing fast and significant improvements in my road riding, but I didn't know how much of it would translate to the dirt. I felt a lot of benefit from added leg strength, and was a lot more comfortable out of the saddle - more in control is probably the best way to put it - both of me (my body, how hard I pedaled, etc) and the bike.
That's what I'm looking at. One road ride a week for all of the previously stated benefits. After that, a 2nd or 3rd road ride during any given week means one less trail ride. I still hope to move / live somewhere that I can commute to work via bike when I choose to. Right now, not an option due to not owning a road bike, and the route I would have to take to bypass interstates would require 30 miles each way.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jacksonpt said:
Not many contributing though from the Rochester area though (hint hint Echo)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not have any control over what anyone in Rochester does except me. And sometimes I don't even have control over me :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
berkshire_rider said:
That's what I'm looking at. One road ride a week for all of the previously stated benefits. After that, a 2nd or 3rd road ride during any given week means one less trail ride.
Yea... that's pretty much what I've been doing. I expect to hit the road bike a lot more in the spring when the trails are still really wet. That's probably going to be when I like having the road bike the most.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jacksonpt said:
Yea... that's pretty much what I've been doing. I expect to hit the road bike a lot more in the spring when the trails are still really wet. That's probably going to be when I like having the road bike the most.
I guess that would make a difference in attitude, for sure.

Luckily, the trails are almost always dry here. :thumb: