Quantcast

A Few SX Trail/Enduro Questions

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
pbr said:
I was looking at that bike too. As for the BCD suggested, I really like the way the Enduro/ Demo bikes ride a lot. I just like the light weight of the enduro, but I want the slack of the Demo. I have a feeling I would never be happy with just one full suspension bike anyway. I love having sweet bikes to ride. A silly thing to spend tons of time (and money)pondering, but that is the point of being a bike geek and working in the industry. No matter what, I'll spend more time riding my hardtail anyway.

I just wanna see what they have coming out for 07 already.
Word. I spend 90% of my time pondering the "ideal" stable. Every little detail makes me lose sleep. Literally.

A BCD would be cool w/ the light weight and custom geo. An SX play/trail bike would be cool too!

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
Doesn't a carbon fiber dh bike make you nervous? An forgettabout resale value.

I've never been happier with my stable of bikes. The just keep coming out with better stuff, and it's pissing me off. That, and everyone's bike is lighter than mine. That's what I get for riding with a bunch of fast racer kids though.

A bunch of the guys here (that get flowed bikes from Specialized) are super hyped up on custom built big hits. WTF? I'm wonder how long that will take before that effects the rest of the current lines. Maybe it's just a local thing. I actually spent some time bouncing around on a big hit today. 36lbs, (lightweight Sea Otter build) 8 inches of travel. hmm... the arguement is strong.. it really is just an M-1..that bike didn't exactly suck either.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Not really scared of carbon with a four year warranty and modular construction. I guess re-sale wouldn't be good but it's designed to last, not be gotten rid of after a year.

The BigHit seems OK but it would be a bitch to get it nice. A lot of money and time would have to be invested, the stock parts blow. Plus it's ugly and I'm a bike ho so I wouldn't want one.

If you want a light bike the BCD weighs just over 10# w/ a DHX ti, steel BB, headset, and some other junk. Lighter than an Orange 224.

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
haha. yeah, I'm not fond of it's looks either. The guys that have been building them up have been getting frames and moving their already light parts off their demos, so technically I could run the same game.

I don't know why you'd want to leave the FSR rear end though. I love the way these bikes pedal. I just want one of all of them (in a medium and a small while I'm at it) so I can see which one I likes the best. Hopefully I win the lotto.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The BCD has a chain idler at the pivot for no feedback at all. Granted there'll be a bit of brake interfernce but whenever you use your brakes stuff's not gonna track as well.

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
I was thinking about getting an SX trail for the slightly shorter top tube, but after doing some measurements of the dh bike and P.3 I think I can make the enduro work for what I want it to do.(more friendly to slopestyle/ smooth dh trails)

I hate the 5th element that came on the 05 enduros, so I'm going to go with a DHX air. I'm thinking about going with the shorter version that they spec'd on the entry level 06 enduros. That will lower the BB and shorten the travel; the bike should feel alot like the long SX slalom frame. Has anyone gone this route? Most people have been going the other way, and lengthened the travel..

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I've decided on my Demo and a Stumpy FSR for trails, with a street/DJ bike for playing. The Stumpy has the quick feel and light weight I was looking for.