Quantcast

A Guinness a day will keep the doctor away

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, and if you ever ride your bicycle on just one wheel, then you should get a unicycle and kick yourself in the balls too... which may be redundant after seating yourself upon said unicycle.
You've clearly never had Mephistopheles. It's WAY too good to waste on a black and tan.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
However...I will say that when I order a half and half, that's usually how I judge the bar (pub...).

If it's a sh*tty pour, then I do not have to respect them as proper service professionals. End argument. Do not pass Go.
Dude.... absolute agreement. There used to be a Red Robin about two blocks from me.... Waitress was goijng over what they had on tap... she listed bass.... few later she listed teh guiness.... I stopped her and asked if teh bartender knew how to properly pour a black and tan. The responce I got was... Its her favorite drink to pour.

When I got it it was half Bass, a tenth guiness, and teh rest foam, not head..... effin foam.

I sent it back. Bartender came over and asked what was wrong with the drink....... She was offended when I told her if she didnt know she needed to go back to bartending school. I actually had to tell her that the drink is 50/50 liquid, use an effin spoon if you have to, but Im not drinking foam for my first three pulls.....She didnt know why to use a spoon....... I actually had to explain it.

Lets just say when they closed up..... I didnt cry about it

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That Mephistopheles is one awesome beer. Definitely a sipper! Single bottles are pretty easy to find 'round here...they are usually in the "good" beer stores and sell for about $8. It's 16% abv, btw.

If you use it for any variety of black and tan instead of drinking it straight, kick yourself in the balls for me.
I will agree, there are Dark beers out there that are def not meant to be 50/50'd. This is one of them..... If your a black and tan drinker, dont use this one... If your looking for a nice enjoyable dark beer.... this is it.