Quantcast

a life decision:what to do?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
jdschall said:
Biggins - maybe Flagstaff is where you need to go then. I agree. I lived in Chapel Hill for about 9 years. When I left swore I hated it and never wanted to go back. I've been gone about 6 months and I would die to go back (although there other places I'd rather go even more). Its just not that bad really compared to some places.
i have a place that i could move into in cary if i wanted to but i figure at this stage of my life (29) i need to go ahead and stick by my guns on what i want and what i dont want. When i left raleigh and moved up here the first thing i said to myself was "never again will i move back"

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Do it! Here's a really good reason to do it:

Oh - and here's another one:

And don't forget this inspiration:

Sedona video

GET AFTER IT, MAN!! I *guarantee* you won't regret it.

-S.S.-
That's lovely...

BTW...after all this encouraging people to move to Flagstaff, you're gonna bitch and whine and bag on how HOOOORRRRRIBBLLLE it is cuz of the over crowding...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
biggins said:
what are your ties to Flag anyway? you are the biggest proponent of this whole situation, whats up?
I lived there for awhile a decade or so ago....... it kicked ass for riding bikes. And hiking. Man - the Grand Canyon is like 1-1/2 hours away!

I moved away because there weren't enough mountains for me......

-S.S.-

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
which mountain is that in the pic? is that eldin(sp?)the one right on the edge of town that you can shuttle?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
dh girlie said:
That's lovely...

BTW...after all this encouraging people to move to Flagstaff, you're gonna bitch and whine and bag on how HOOOORRRRRIBBLLLE it is cuz of the over crowding...
Shhhh..... I don't live there, so I don't really have any investment in the "crowding" of Flagstaff.

Oh - another cool thing. Flag is >7000 feet, so you're in *mondo* good shape when you head to the Colorado high country to ride. Durango isn't really too far away from Flag. :thumb:

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
biggins said:
which mountain is that in the pic? is that eldin(sp?)the one right on the edge of town that you can shuttle?
Nope - that's Humphries. It's >12K tall. You can see the Arizona Snowbowl on the right side.

I used to live right below Elden. It was in the days before shuttles and DH bikes. There's a 32+ mile singletrack route from town all the way around the mountain.... :thumb:

-S.S.-

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn rob you had to do it didnt ya?

that top pic is courthouse falls its so fun to jump off of that thing. 53 feet.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
He already has those same reasons to stay where he is sans Cacti....
<snip>
Here's the kicker. There's craploads of *this* all year around:

And none of that pesky humidity to go along with your sun. Sunny and dry. Except when it snows. :p

Actually, if you don't like sunny, cool, dry weather, I'd recommend *not* moving to Flag. :D

-S.S.-

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
damn rob you had to do it didnt ya?

that top pic is courthouse falls its so fun to jump off of that thing. 53 feet.

haha... just wait until we get all the drunken monkeys sliding down the falls/rocks at the end of Caney Bottoms.

Seriously, the riding/mountain thing shouldnt even be a factor, the riding you have is second to none.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
Here's the kicker. There's craploads of *this* all year around:

And none of that pesky humidity to go along with your sun. Sunny and dry. Except when it snows. :p

Actually, if you don't like sunny, cool, dry weather, I'd recommend *not* moving to Flag. :D

-S.S.-

wow that looks like some crappy tattoo a sorority slut would have on her lower back or tattooed around her belly button. beleive me i have known many sororisluts in my time.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
biggins said:
actually i have those trades (mechanic and carpenter)my arm would be a serious issue when it comes to lifting things over my head and swinging a hammer. I know it sounds like a cop out but its true.

HAHAHAHA! Like carpenters use hammers these days....

Can you pull the trigger on an nail gun?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
N8 said:
HAHAHAHA! Like carpenters use hammers these days....

Can you pull the trigger on an nail gun?
kinda, but it hurts like hell to hold onto it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
very easily. my wrist doesnt really move so it actually made my casting better, fishing was one of the things i did for strength therapy on it while it was still in a brace.

i cant lift large or heavy objects over my head either.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
no but but you dont want your wrist collapsing when you cast now my wrist doesnt have that option.........actually my arms were way out of proportion to the rest of my body from doing nothing but rock climbing for 7 years.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
biggins said:
no but but you dont want your wrist collapsing when you cast now my wrist doesnt have that option.........actually my arms were way out of proportion to the rest of my body from doing nothing but rock climbing for 7 years.
Looks like you're in business!

And if you don't like crack......... how about some Huecos?? :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
Looks like you're in business!

And if you don't like crack......... how about some Huecos?? :thumb:

actually hueco tanks state park in texas isnt far. i cant crack climb anymore because i cant bend my arm really at the wrist. i am more of a boulderer anyway. thats what i have always primarily done.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
biggins said:
actually hueco tanks state park in texas isnt far. i cant crack climb anymore because i cant bend my arm really at the wrist. i am more of a boulderer anyway. thats what i have always primarily done.
Speaking of not to far away...... Look what's within about 5 hours:

Durango, CO
Virgin/Hurricane, UT
Bootleg Canyon, NV
Moab, UT (actually, this is a bit further than 5 hrs)

Sounding good? :sneaky:

-S.S.-

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
Speaking of not to far away...... Look what's within about 5 hours:

Durango, CO
Virgin/Hurricane, UT
Bootleg Canyon, NV
Moab, UT (actually, this is a bit further than 5 hrs)

Sounding good? :sneaky:

-S.S.-

You forgot to mention that AZ also further away from the East Coast than NC too....

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
biggins said:
very easily. my wrist doesnt really move so it actually made my casting better, fishing was one of the things i did for strength therapy on it while it was still in a brace.

i cant lift large or heavy objects over my head either.

if you got nothing to loose, and your prospect is a low paying job in AZ, forget all that crap and move to some metro area in brazil or chile or peru...

you can easily land an english teacher job that pays 900-1000 bucks a month, and with that afford an appartment equivalent to a 2k a month appartment in the US, a full-time maid, afford eating out and partying and dhing every weekend.

plus you´d get to know in the school lots of late teen, early 20 chicks in the school that dig americans...
i know lots of french and american young fellas doing that around here....

with a 1000 bucks a month salary here, you´ll live a life equivalent to the life you´d live in the us with a 80k a year salary....