Quantcast

A weekend of DHing, beer drinking, & oh yeah...a race.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The whole weekend kicked ass. We hung out with some cool :monkey:'s & met some more cool peeps too. We arrived at the race site at 10 AM the day beofore the race & started riding the trail & camped near the finish line. We rode all day with DNA, Cooter, & TTGF & had a blast & drank many beers.

we didn't take to many pics because we were riding so much.

Here is Laura on the podium. 3rd place!!!! .....& she even moved up to sport!

I hate to brag (not really :D )...but she is rock n roll personifed on two wheels.

Chick that got 1st wasFAST & an awesome rider too.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
TTGF was tearing it up & clearing some gnarly sections on her first try.

sorry for the $hitty pic.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
random shot for DH_Girlie.

(this dude & his crew were super cool & awesome riders & he was one of the few dudes on a hartail)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by LordOpie
Look at the happiness on Podium_Laura :D

La, did you move up to sport on your own or they forcing you?

there is no beginner category for DH women, so when i brought my long travel bike it was an automatic thing. i was open XC last time. it was a lot of fun. that bullit is so plush. i cant wait to take it out again. one month, one month.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by TN
random shot for DH_Girlie.

(this dude & his crew were super cool & awesome riders & he was one of the few dudes on a hartail)

and he ate that whole freaking sandwhich in like 10 minutes and then raced. i was sick thinking about it.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Originally posted by laura
got a sunburn so bad this weekend that i am officially a redneck. ( i was trying to stay in the closet.)

thazzrite baby, welcome to the redneck culture, pretty soon we'll have ya drinking fallstaff beer, and driving clapped out LTD's

had fun ya'llz, can't wait til next time

good times............good times

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ooh!
laura, can you hook me up with the chick that won?

great job on the race too i guess.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Ooh!
laura, can you hook me up with the chick that won?

great job on the race too i guess.

leslie was discussed last time. she has a boyfriend who races as well. anyway i think biggins has first dibs on her when she's single. :rolleyes:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Great job Laura. How'd the rest of you guys place?

And the girl who won is pretty hot in that confident, "I'm stronger than my boyfriend but still don't have body hair" way.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by binary visions

And the girl who won is pretty hot in that confident, "I'm stronger than my boyfriend but still don't have body hair" way.

you know its funny cuz i was thinking, "man she's trying to look like a badass in that picture" but really she bit it super hard on her first practice run trying to hit a jump and hurt her ribs really bad. i think her stance is more of a "my rib is poking into my organs" sort of stance.

im not sure how everyone else did. they havent put times up yet.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
you know its funny cuz i was thinking, "man she's trying to look like a badass in that picture" but really she bit it super hard on her first practice run trying to hit a jump and hurt her ribs really bad. i think her stance is more of a "my rib is poking into my organs" sort of stance.
I agree... she ios super cool and such a nice gal!!! i think she was still pretty sore...

she honestly beat some of the dudes times! she is a BADARSE! and freakin cool as sheeot to boot... i want to ride with her some and see if i cant improve my skills, but dammit... she leaves me eating her dust every time i go to follow her! ha ha

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
i'm pretty sure that i took last! ha ha

i was next to the last (5 of 6) going into the second heat with Laura 17 seconds ahead of me in 4th and i was just sooo content to have ridden the trail and concuered my fear, i decided i wasnt running my second heat... thus proving that this has nothing to do with racing to me... i was soooo content to have ridden the ending (a big fear of mine5 times that i was done... no need to win... i challenged myself and i was thrilled...

i know i shouldnt even enter a race if im not gonna try to win it... but im mainly in it for the chance to win tickets to RED BULL this october... if you race all 5 races, they will put ur name in the drawing... sooo that is the biggest reason i enter... cuz the practice days are where i have the most fun...

cooter did good but he broke his bike BAD on friday the practice day and had to ride someone elses bike but still did well... were waiting to see how he placed when they post the scores!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

I got 6 out of 12 (on a hardtail I might add ;) ). All of the times were within 2-3 secs. of each other in my class (small travel).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by TULSATUMBLERSGF
i know i shouldnt even enter a race if im not gonna try to win it...
Why the heck not? I'm under no delusions that I'll be winning races, hell, I mostly enter for the practice days...

As long as you have fun out there, placing last is no shame at all.

TN, did you enjoy the Imperial?

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Why the heck not? I'm under no delusions that I'll be winning races, hell, I mostly enter for the practice days...

you know... the practice day is where it is at for me! i have sooo much fun with no pressure and it is just a BLAST! i have fear of areas that i dont feel skilled enough to do and then i conquer them and feel like the sheeot and then im ready to drink and party and then head on home... forget the race... i accomplished what i wanted to... to do the things that scare me and build confidence in my ability and my skill not necessarily my speed!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

TN, did you enjoy the Imperial?
enjoy is an understatement. I was hitting stuff bigger than I have ever before with confidence. If had more skillz I could have been alot faster. I love that bike. I have always wanted a big travel bike but after racing the Imp I think if I ever replace it, it will be with another Evil.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
i have to say, the women went from 1 last october, to 6 in april to 10 this race! it was sooo cool!

women are coming out of the woodwork and i love it... it is sooo fun to have new girls and juniors (4 or 5 kids entered 15 and younger) to ride with... it is awesome... i encouraged 3 women in april into racing this race cuz they were spectators last race and then the other one i didnt know... but they all loved it and will be coming back to the next races and want F/S bikes now and bigger travel...

one chick, claudia, is deaf in one ear and on a hardtail and bit it repeatedly at the finish on that steep hit, where u roll the log... (see pic of me above) but then she got it down on practice day and i was sooo sooo sooo proud of her for not getting discouraged and quitting... she raced and bit it again at the end but said... I WILL BE BACK IN JUNE on a F/S bike and ready to rock and roll again! i loved her! she was the sheeot!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
you know... the practice day is where it is at for me! i have sooo much fun with no pressure and it is just a BLAST! i have fear of areas that i dont feel skilled enough to do and then i conquer them and feel like the sheeot and then im ready to drink and party and then head on home... forget the race... i accomplished what i wanted to... to do the things that scare me and build confidence in my ability and my skill not necessarily my speed!
To be riding as short a time as you have & to be hitting the stuff you did....You seriuosly kick ass. :thumb:

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by TN
To be riding as short a time as you have & to be hitting the stuff you did....You seriuosly kick ass. :thumb:
thanks dude...

i felt sooo good about that course for some reason... my first run down it, sight unseen, felts sooo good... i just rode it and walked 2 areas, one cuz it went uphill and i didnt have enough speed and the other was the small drop in the rock garden area... but the second time i rolled that drop on accident cuz i forgot it was coming and was SUPER JAZZED! and then the ending took a few attempts as you know but i just loved that trail... it was sooo fun...

next time i will walk the course with cooter to have him show me the lines i should take... not necessarily for speed but just for safety and to have the knowledge of picking the best line... we walked it after the race and it would have been really helpful to have gone right instead of left coming out of the rock garden to that fire road... i kept hitting those big rocks on the left and he took the right line and it was much smoother... but i was afraid of that for some reason!

akaeasy_j

Chimp
Sep 23, 2003
Frisco, TX
Yep, Mena kicked ass. We started drinking at 11 on friday and killed all of our beer by like 6 or 7. :( It was cool to see everybody again and I am looking foward to Cass. Once again the Texas crew KILLED the podiums!!! Next time I will prob pre-ride more and drink a little less. Heres a couple of pics

EZ

if you wanna see some more pics got to www.photobucket.com
the album name is menaark. then go to the rp pics sections and check out rolls 1-6

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
SWEET!

Looks like Cindy is having a blast! (that is her name right?)

yup, the Texans kicked ass once again. :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
leslie was discussed last time. she has a boyfriend who races as well. anyway i think biggins has first dibs on her when she's single. :rolleyes:

see laura your the best, you remembered that she is supposed to be mine. congrats on the podium you are looking so innocent up there. glad to see you got your bullit and that the shuttle trip you took on kitsuma trail has converted you to the dark side

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by biggins
see laura your the best, you remembered that she is supposed to be mine. congrats on the podium you are looking so innocent up there. glad to see you got your bullit and that the shuttle trip you took on kitsuma trail has converted you to the dark side
not only does she have a bullit but she now has a DC jr T for it... she bought it at the race... it is SWEET!

so laura... have u put it on yet????

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by DNA
TN and Laura having a snackdown
hey mang! How is the knee feelin'?
We wish you had stayed but it was nice meeting you anyway & your avatar is a spitting image of ya! There was some awesome carnage at the finish line, or so I heard....we were at the top during all of that.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The knee was STIIIIFFFFFF by the time I got home (I also found a bunch of bruises and bumps and stuff). It was way too much damage from a lame-o wreck. It was a good time and I'll see ya'll next race.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
not only does she have a bullit but she now has a DC jr T for it... she bought it at the race... it is SWEET!

so laura... have u put it on yet????
I tried putting that mofo on last night & couldnt even get the stem off so it is at the LBS & that is going to be well worth the $25 'cause I woulda destroyed it, I bet. :rolleyes:

It was so funny because big travel bikes are rare here, La prolly has the only bike with 7" & 7" in the whole county & everyone in the shop came out & was oooogling over her bike. They were amazed that it was La's. :D

I also think some of the shop monkeys are gonna try & make the rest of the series. :thumb: 901 reprazent!!!! :cool:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Hey all. good to see you again !! i had a blast. i was pre-occupied with a bunch of stuff so I didnt get to shoot the **** with yall as much as I would have liked to.

Anyway, this is my favorite pic cause this guy, BIC, is so f'ing hilarious. These scrapes are from his pile up at the finish line. What Texan didn't wad it up across the finish??

Anyway, see you in Cass !!1

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by joel hester
Hey all. good to see you again !! i had a blast. i was pre-occupied with a bunch of stuff so I didnt get to shoot the **** with yall as much as I would have liked to.

Anyway, this is my favorite pic cause this guy, BIC, is so f'ing hilarious. These scrapes are from his pile up at the finish line. What Texan didn't wad it up across the finish??

HAHAHA!!!!

Great pic! That dude kicks ass!!

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Originally posted by joel hester

dude, I was way impressed with your perfect game of canopy bowling that you did at the finish line :thumb: :thumb: that was way gnar

and joel, that brooklyn is just so effing bad ass :drool:

i'm officially jealous

good to see everyone again, can't wait til Cass