Quantcast

A weekend of DHing, beer drinking, & oh yeah...a race.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by Cooter Brown
dude, I was way impressed with your perfect game of canopy bowling that you did at the finish line :thumb: :thumb: that was way gnar

and joel, that brooklyn is just so effing bad ass :drool:

i'm officially jealous

good to see everyone again, can't wait til Cass
canopy bowling... bwah! that is a GREAT description of it...

joel, i was sooo glad to see you walk away from that one! OMG... did u find out any more about ross??? he was still there and walking around so i assume he ended up being fine?!?!?

sooo glad we all had such a BAD ARSE time! god this weekend was sooo fun... i needed this weekend more than anyone knows...

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by loco-gringo
from da side
the gal on the far left... in second place... she got there and only walked the course... she and her son shared an iron horse bike and then went and rode it both heats and placed second... i was really impressed with that... i rode it about 6 times friday and 3 times on saturday race day and was just impressed that she rode it for the first time on her first heat of the race!

i dont have that much confidence yet! i would def have to ride somethin repeatedly and know where the obstacles that are challenging for me are before just going out there and RACING it?!?!?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by TULSATUMBLERSGF
i dont have that much confidence yet! i would def have to ride somethin repeatedly and know where the obstacles that are challenging for me are before just going out there and RACING it?!?!?
It's funny, I know a few people who just know the course after walking it. They walk it once, and it just sticks - they know where everything is after that.

Personally, I can't reconcile the two perspectives - from walking, to riding. The trail looks different riding down it, as opposed to walking it, and something in my brain doesn't let me compare the two. I'll ride past something and only afterwards can think "Ohh, that was the section I saw..."

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
dude, I was way impressed with your perfect game of canopy bowling that you did at the finish line :thumb: :thumb: that was way gnar

man i hate i missed that. we need a videographer at the next race. i heard it was impressive.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Originally posted by laura
man i hate i missed that. we need a videographer at the next race. i heard it was impressive.

oh, lemme tell ya, it was classic

he came large off the finish jump, got a little to the left, the ditch at the bottom bucked him and he slid head first into the goon squad canopy with all the onlookers there in it. coolers slid, sh!t flew and for a second, I thought the tent was on its way down

even cooler than that, was that no one was hurt too badly

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
You know what we need even more ... someone selling 24" tubes.:D

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by DNA
You know what we need even more ... someone selling 24" tubes.:D

no kidding dude. ya know, I went and bought those moto tubes and didn't even get to test them out really. got about 1/4 the way down the course the run after I put them in, and BAM, wrecked and broke my bike

dammit :angry:

BiC

Chimp
Oct 8, 2003
bedford, tx
awright! i'm in a cult i wasn't even aware of! as long as i'm not the leader...

i had a bunch o' fun racin' and ridin', even if my cape wouldn't billow. :( maybe next race i'll have a proper one.

cool meetin' all youse guys out there. way to represent tejas.

see y'all at cass!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
oh, lemme tell ya, it was classic

he came large off the finish jump, got a little to the left, the ditch at the bottom bucked him and he slid head first into the goon squad canopy with all the onlookers there in it. coolers slid, sh!t flew and for a second, I thought the tent was on its way down

even cooler than that, was that no one was hurt too badly
LOL! Awesome, a crowd pleaser. Did he just jump up or did people think he was pretty hurt?

NOTE: Sou TTGF's pics via e-mail, they wuz also dun shot down up real good like.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
LOL! Awesome, a crowd pleaser. Did he just jump up or did people think he was pretty hurt?

NOTE: Sou TTGF's pics via e-mail, they wuz also dun shot down up real good like.

no, joel laid there for a minute. i think he tweaked his knee a little bit, but he did get up and walk away, which after seeing it and the ensuing canopy carnage, really surprised me