Quantcast

Again with the early... Tuesday GMT

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Our car pretty much sees 6 months on the winter wheels and 6 months on the summer all seasons. I don't recall if both sets are currently directional - but I pretty much let the random way I've stored and then move them around to refit them take care of the rotation.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I cannot for the life of me figure where the jacking points are up front. Illustration in manual is useless. The factory jack's pretty decent, prefer a floor jack, but...

Hope to start rotating summer tires, might pay for it.
It's pretty obvious in the back. In the front there is the same kind of rounded plate somewhere behind wheel, inboard a bit, more than the back.

Thing is, no garage around me is equipped to lift the Sprinter. It got lifted once like a car, body's lower section is now dented...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
7 hour walking tour of Bogota. Our guide was like no one I have met in the tourist trade anywhere. Dark dude, dreads, vegan, telling us all about his 20 spiritual journeys with Ayahuasca. He also had a huge pouch of coca leaves, lime, (an accelerant for the ingredient, sort of ‘cocaine lite) and tobacco in his cheek the whole time.
However, he was very knowledgeable, and certainly gave us more of an indigenous view of the Spaniards and ensuing social and political chaos.
But good lord, did we walk and walk, up over 10k at one point.
We are hungry and beat.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey, I'm guilty as all hell. I bought Chinese counterfeit shoes simply because Nike is a bastard. They released the most iconic skate shoe of my era and only made 50k pair (the Jordan 3 reimagined got 400k pair). It was a lottery to get them and they all went to resellers and YouTubers. They were $220 retail which is ridiculous to begin with. But now?

View attachment 191978

So yes, I paid $60 for a pair from China. :rofl:

I was prepared to pay retail, but they are unobtanium.
you keep confusing those with the actual iconic skate shoe

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's pretty obvious in the back. In the front there is the same kind of rounded plate somewhere behind wheel, inboard a bit, more than the back.

Thing is, no garage around me is equipped to lift the Sprinter. It got lifted once like a car, body's lower section is now dented...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hah! i had those first jordans. wish i'd left em in the box and never skated in them. my black high top airwalks might have been my favorite skate shoes ever though. the best looking jordans were the 4's in black and gray.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
hah! i had those first jordans. wish i'd left em in the box and never skated in them. my black high top airwalks might have been my favorite skate shoes ever though. the best looking jordans were the 4's in black and gray.
I like fives myself. I think this often seems to track pretty closely to age…

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you keep confusing those with the actual iconic skate shoe

That was '85, I'm talking about '89. I was sponsored, but would never be pro, so I joined the Navy. But yes, the J1 was the start, I didn't like the 2 or 3, but the 4 was proper.

I would have kept skating the J1 if they kept making them. They were 2 for $70 at Copeland Sports. :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hey, I'm guilty as all hell. I bought Chinese counterfeit shoes simply because Nike is a bastard. They released the most iconic skate shoe of my era and only made 50k pair (the Jordan 3 reimagined got 400k pair). It was a lottery to get them and they all went to resellers and YouTubers. They were $220 retail which is ridiculous to begin with. But now?

View attachment 191978

So yes, I paid $60 for a pair from China. :rofl:

I was prepared to pay retail, but they are unobtanium.
i once bought....of all things....a bootleg das damen tshirt from china...

You weirdos and sneakers. :disgust1:
all it has ever been for me were vans/chuck taylors and until recently a certain style of addidas...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Qualified 8th; finished 6th. She's having a rough day. Still tired from the weekend and they are doing their CMAS testing this week, which is exhausting. Skipping orchestra tomorrow so that she can sleep later, since we just got home.

Still got lots of points and will be in 2nd overall (if I did my math right). That's what I told her to focus on after the qualifying - just keep your position or move up if it's safe. It's not going to be a season ender by not getting podium. Just make it through the race and then focus on next month.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had Converse Chucks, cuz that is all I could afford.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I had Converse Chucks, cuz that is all I could afford.
oh, i had many chucks...but they wore out so fast. the airwalks + shoe goo were the ticket for lasting a decent amount of time. can't find the exact model but they were similar to the 540s. black. had an ollie patch...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
oh, i had many chucks...but they wore out so fast. the airwalks + shoe goo were the ticket for lasting a decent amount of time. can't find the exact model but they were similar to the 540s. black. had an ollie patch...
Airwalk Jims were possibly my longest lasting pair of skate shoes. They don’t make em like they used to.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I remember those folks. I mail ordered some stuff from them in the late 80s/early 90s from magazine ads

Were you on the nike train? Surely you didn't just reference a mere shop sponsorship ;)
Nike didn't pay skaters until Paul Rodriguez. I wasn't paid anything, but I got some free shit once or twice. :rofl: