Quantcast

all talk and no dig . . . .

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
In my situation I have so many friends that want to help build but dont even ride. So Ill take them up and it end up with me just standing and yelling. So when Im digging Id rather be by myself. When it comes to building the ladders and drops we finish whole stunts in just hours.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
and having your lines get hosed by the... weather
I'm still in depression over our trails getting jacked by the weather. Pretty much all of our work from last fall got washed away in a massive flood. This jump no longer exists. RIP...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I'm still in depression over our trails getting jacked by the weather. Pretty much all of our work from last fall got washed away in a massive flood. This jump no longer exists. RIP...

Damn, I remember you posting picture right when you guys got that jump done. Mom nature can be pretty nasty.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i have given up having people help.
sometimes they will but all i can use
them for is just to pile up dirt. no way
do i trust them to cut lips/landers.

i have a 18'' steel pipe i took from under
my dumpster I am going to weld caps
on both ends with a locking door to stash
my shovels. i have lost 20+ shovels in 8 years
of my jumps. that in its self if a record for me.
city seems to be ignoring them, yeah!

i have a small tt line i do no work on anymore
to show the groms what kind of crap lips they make.
let them LEARN on there own. on there own line.
i wouldn't want to work on a line i couldn't ride.

anyone who can ride the big line knows what i have done
and helps out.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
trails got buried for a couple days. snow is gone now but everything is saturated. more building than riding for a bit.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
One of the guys I ride with is unemployed (he's a preacher) and builds a new stunt EVERY WEEK. I try to put in an hour of maintenance each week, but there's no way I can keep up with that. I have been trying to keep him in tools to help out.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
There's more to trails than just digging too... Tools, refreshments, keeping the place clean and neat, picking up any trash, etc.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
One of the guys I ride with is unemployed (he's a preacher) and builds a new stunt EVERY WEEK. I try to put in an hour of maintenance each week, but there's no way I can keep up with that. I have been trying to keep him in tools to help out.
he ain't unemployed. he's employed by the Lord. and the Lord apparently wants us to ride trails.

Durt

Chimp
Nov 28, 2007
A cable lock, holes drilled in the tools, locked to a tree, 100 yards out in the woods, away from the trails, buried under dead leaves. 2 or 3 different locations and rotate them. Don't retrieve or put away tools when fools you don't trust are around.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
We just got 8 shovels, 4 picks, a rake, a broom, and a wheel borrow jacked from these trails a couple weeks ago.:disgust:

colton

Monkey
May 20, 2007
I would also say all around the world!
No i totally agree that most of the best trails in the world were built by people that smoke. What i was saying, in my particular situation in a town of 15,000, the people that smoke and 'ride' are complete lazy asses for 2 hours after they smoke. However, some of the skaters in my town that smoke become more motivated to skate or be active after they smoke so i am not biased towards people that choose to smoke.

But again, i have given up on everybody except one other person who is now out for the rest of the season.:plthumbsdown:

jellybeans

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
Scotts Mills, Oregon
where in oregon is that sitting duck?

Ingenious... :busted:
One thing that will bite you in the ass, is alienating the wrong people. If your shyt is in public, it's best to try and get along with everyone, even the real bastards.

This is what happened after some punk kids got run off a while back.
This was shaping up to be the best spot in Oregon, and it got totally trashed. We are rebuilding though....

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I'd tweak a sick a method grab over those suckers.
haha, stalefish would be my move :D

Have you seen the movie BikeCar? If not and you snowboard at least a little bit you have to watch it. 4 snowboard pros build a bikecar and pedal around the PNW and go to 6 resorts in the spring time. Scotty Whitlake is one of them - he's the nut that Crandall always talks about - doing stuff like pedaling across the US on a fixed gear.

Anyway, one of the sections they build a ryhthm section of snow jumps, pretty much trail style for snowboards. It's funny. The first time I watched it and looking at how they are building the jumps - I'm thinking "these guys are going to be killing themselves" The jumps were snowboard style with taller lips than landings. They were hitting it and landing on the next lip!

But you can see the progress and the lips get shorter and steeper and when they finally are getting thru they look just like proper trails but in snow.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
haha, stalefish would be my move :D

Have you seen the movie BikeCar? If not and you snowboard at least a little bit you have to watch it. 4 snowboard pros build a bikecar and pedal around the PNW and go to 6 resorts in the spring time. Scotty Whitlake is one of them - he's the nut that Crandall always talks about - doing stuff like pedaling across the US on a fixed gear.

Anyway, one of the sections they build a ryhthm section of snow jumps, pretty much trail style for snowboards. It's funny. The first time I watched it and looking at how they are building the jumps - I'm thinking "these guys are going to be killing themselves" The jumps were snowboard style with taller lips than landings. They were hitting it and landing on the next lip!

But you can see the progress and the lips get shorter and steeper and when they finally are getting thru they look just like proper trails but in snow.
Haha, nice. No, I've never seen it and need to check it out. I've always thought rhythm sets would be sick for snowboarding or skis. Most of the jumps are so flat and long that you hit with tons of speed... they need to start going up.